Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I came upon that information by chance.  I agree we talk about the macro a lot and not the micro and it is important to keep both in perspective.

No idea RP. 

I heard just a tidbit or two about Christ when all this first started.  Haven't heard anything since. 

I do hear a lot about Nursing Homes and that's been scary.  I really feel for residents and employees.  So much risk.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I heard just a tidbit or two about Christ when all this first started.  Haven't heard anything since. 

I do hear a lot about Nursing Homes and that's been scary.  I really feel for residents and employees.  So much risk.

I agree on nursing homes.  In my experience we need to do much better as a society taking care of our senior citizens. 

52 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree on nursing homes.  In my experience we need to do much better as a society taking care of our senior citizens. 

That is an understatement. Nursing homes are horribly underfunded.  If you cannot afford to privately pay, good luck.  I think most of society does not view the lives of the elderly as significant.  We definitely need to take better care of our seniors.  

14 hours ago, barrel said:

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread completely but has anyone else come across the treatment of using an inhaled steroid? Apparently a doctor in Texas has been using it with what he claims is good results. According to him it’s the treatment Japan is using along with a few other countries. 

I heard about a study in Britain using a steroid dexamethasone that reduced deaths of people on ventilators by 18%. Same study found hydroxychloroquine ineffective. I do not remember what I read saying anything about the steroid being inhaled so not sure if this is the same treatment you heard about. 

8 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

That is an understatement. Nursing homes are horribly underfunded.  If you cannot afford to privately pay, good luck.  I think most of society does not view the lives of the elderly as significant.  We definitely need to take better care of our seniors.  

This has been made painfully clear during the pandemic. When one of the rallying cries for reopening/those against the shutdown is “it just affects old people” and this lack of willingness to wear masks to help protect those who are most vulnerable, it’s obvious that old folks aren’t a priority.

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I heard about a study in Britain using a steroid dexamethasone that reduced deaths of people on ventilators by 18%. Same study found hydroxychloroquine ineffective. I do not remember what I read saying anything about the steroid being inhaled so not sure if this is the same treatment you heard about. 

I believe that is the same steroid. I believe the doctor I saw preferred the inhaled version but I was under the impression that the steroid in general helped. The steroid can also come in an inhaler. I believe one of the main uses of the steroid is to treat asthma. Both of my children have used a breathing treatments (not for COVID) and it’s very easy. 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, theguru said:

And let's all face it, the majority of people are NOT going to wear a mask.

Additionally, even if we slow the Rona down it will bounce right back.

There is no denying Mother Nature. 

Lunacy! 

Given that studies out of of Sweden are showing that survivors aren’t possessing antibodies as long as hoped, it seems slowing it down is the best we can hope for right now.  Herd immunity might not be possible, so it’s just overwhelming the medical community and watching deaths pile up if we aren’t willing to take any steps to slow the process. 

Just now, Hangman said:

Given that studies out of of Sweden are showing that survivors aren’t possessing antibodies as long as hoped, it seems slowing it down is the best we can hope for right now.  Herd immunity might not be possible, so it’s just overwhelming the medical community and watching deaths pile up if we aren’t willing to take any steps to slow the process. 

If that is the case we need to shut down everything until there is a vaccine which is not an option.

We are between a rock and a hard place for sure. 

Considering the next successful Corona virus vaccine will be the first of it's kind, good luck waiting for that. It's not likely to come soon, if at all. 

Vaccine testing has gone well and why some are in phase 3 testing. Some are producing antibodies at higher levels than people that have had the virus. May have to take shot yearly like flu shot. Astrazeneca and Moderna are in the lead and will have 100s of million doses in November since already producing vaccine stockpiles to be ready when approved. Regeneron is in Phase 3 testing of monoclonal antibody cocktail and will be available late fall since in production also. This is just a few of many companies creating vaccines/antibodies. Billions of dollars being thrown at this. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Vaccine testing has gone well and why some are in phase 3 testing. Some are producing antibodies at higher levels than people that have had the virus. May have to take shot yearly like flu shot. Astrazeneca and Moderna are in the lead and will have 100s of million doses in November since already producing vaccine stockpiles to be ready when approved. Regeneron is in Phase 3 testing of monoclonal antibody cocktail and will be available late fall since in production also. This is just a few of many companies creating vaccines/antibodies. Billions of dollars being thrown at this. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Way too much money involved not get a vaccine of some sort.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:11 PM, theguru said:

I agree on nursing homes.  In my experience we need to do much better as a society taking care of our senior citizens. 

Absolutely. It’s outrageous what the cost is for quality senior living. 

On the good news front NYC didn't have any reported deaths in months for COVID. On the bad news front, the number of positive cases is heading in the wrong direction and we are back to March/April numbers. Some States are spiraling. Thankfully doctors are able to better treat ill patients.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, CincySportsFan said:

 

But, this isn't just about you.  It's about everybody else you come in contact with on a daily basis.  We need to look at this more like the drunk driving law.  Because when you drive drunk (ie: don't wear a mask), it is not just you that could be injured/die as a consequence.

If I am responsible for other's health I am going to start grabbing cigarettes out of people's hands. 

25 minutes ago, PP1 said:

If I am responsible for other's health I am going to start grabbing cigarettes out of people's hands. 

I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of similar to having to wear a mask if you ask me. ??‍♂️

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.