Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

If masks work, than why is there any debate as to whether or not kids should return to school this fall.  Just make 'em all wear masks.  Problem solved.  If they don't work, than why the charade of making them mandatory.  

If something is shown to make things safe fine, but it seems to me a lot of these regulations are just window dressing so that people can feel like something is being done.  Case in point is the NFL's rule that came out today making it illegal for players to exchange jerseys after the game.  So JJ Watt can chase Tom Brady around for 60 minutes, grab, hold, sweat on, and fall onto him, and it will be fine, but somehow trading jerseys puts them in danger.  

 

Because a sizeable part of the population is not buying what doctors, CDC, and other officials have told them about the benefits of masks.

The NFL is private organization. They can do whatever they want and not a fair apples to apples comparison. But yes, that rule seems dumb.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

If masks work, than why is there any debate as to whether or not kids should return to school this fall.  Just make 'em all wear masks.  Problem solved.  If they don't work, than why the charade of making them mandatory.  

If something is shown to make things safe fine, but it seems to me a lot of these regulations are just window dressing so that people can feel like something is being done.  Case in point is the NFL's rule that came out today making it illegal for players to exchange jerseys after the game.  So JJ Watt can chase Tom Brady around for 60 minutes, grab, hold, sweat on, and fall onto him, and it will be fine, but somehow trading jerseys puts them in danger.  

 

Masks are not the end all solution, or the magic bullet and they’ve never been advertised as such. They are a piece of the puzzle, and right now, along with social distancing, and heightened sanitation, are our only defense in slowing the virus down without completely shutting everything down. I just can’t fathom why it’s so hard to accept that.  The longer we fight these simple solutions, the longer we will struggle with this.
 

Even if masks did completely solve the problem and give total immunity , I still believe there would be a sizable chunk of people that would still refuse to wear them. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Laughable... 

Very. 

Practicing medicine with no knowledge. 

14 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Very. 

Practicing medicine with no knowledge. 

And let's all face it, the majority of people are NOT going to wear a mask.

Additionally, even if we slow the Rona down it will bounce right back.

There is no denying Mother Nature. 

Lunacy! 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Mandatory mask mandate goes into affect tomorrow at 5:00 pm. 

Basically, if you are indoors (not at home), you have to wear a mask. If you are outside and can't be six feet apart, you have to wear a mask. 

I love it...

It doesn’t matter what you think about the effectiveness of the masks, this is an order.

I’m good with it. I’ve been waiting for someone to grow a pair and tell us how we can move forward.

If wearing a mask means we’ll have high school and college football, I’ll wear two!

2 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I love it...

It doesn’t matter what you think about the effectiveness of the masks, this is an order.

I’m good with it. I’ve been waiting for someone to grow a pair and tell us how we can move forward.

If wearing a mask means we’ll have high school and college football, I’ll wear two!

Seriously, I laughed out loud! 

I just want to help at this point.

I want to go to the beach at the end of September and I want sports to resume. I want children to go back to school. I want graduations and proms to happen next year.I want more than one persons be allowed to visit a loved one in the hospital. 

If wearing a mask helps in any way, I’m more than happy to wear one.

I am going to reply in this thread for the last time.  My wife has been suffering from cancer since November of 2013.  She keeps fighting the battles to win the war and so far so good.  I would sure hate to lose her to this virus because of the many people who think they know more than the professionals.  It is pretty easy to find the SELFISH ones based on the posts in here. Hopefully those of you who think you know everything about this have received your medical degree and not just from what  you read on the internet because we all know that of it is on the internet it HAS to be true.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

And let's all face it, the majority of people are NOT going to wear a mask.

Additionally, even if we slow the Rona down it will bounce right back.

There is no denying Mother Nature. 

Lunacy! 

I beg to differ on the majority of people not wearing masks.  I just spent a week back in my hometown, and traveled through 3 states that required you to wear a mask.  Nearly everyone I encountered in public places were complying.  And every store I went into, every employee wore masks.  

Is there anyone in the at risk category or with loved ones at risk who balk at wearing a mask? 

If you had a loved one you live with at risk, how would you feel about wearing a mask?

I work in healthcare.  A mask is something you just get used to.  After awhile you don't even notice it and the study had 12 people in it.  Hardly enough to make any conclusions.  Will a mask hurt you?  No as proven by the millions of people who wear them everyday for their jobs.  Will it help decrease the spread of Covid?  Maybe, probably so why not try?

 

46 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I beg to differ on the majority of people not wearing masks.  I just spent a week back in my hometown, and traveled through 3 states that required you to wear a mask.  Nearly everyone I encountered in public places were complying.  And every store I went into, every employee wore masks.  

Some will comply, but I think people who don't want to wear a mask aren't going to wear a mask. 

19 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Some will comply, but I think people who don't want to wear a mask aren't going to wear a mask. 

Hopefully they are sent packing. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Hopefully they are sent packing. 

I think it will be very difficult to enforce. 

Businesses can refuse service to anyone who walks in without a mask. How do you think it’s going to be hard to enforce? If a business chooses to allow customers to enter without a mask, it’s on them. But they’re asking for a lawsuit to be filed against their business if someone wearing a mask is in there and someone is allowed in without a mask. Here in WV it’s been mandatory to wear a mask all this week and my life has not been altered in anyway. Everyone that has come in our office has had a mask on. At the country club up here everyone has worn their masks all week inside and nobody has put up a fuss about it. Obviously no one wants to be wearing the mask, but still at the end of the day it’s a very minor inconvenience. Why anyone would get up in arms about it is beyond me. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.