Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

I saw a comment today made by a top healthcare official that if people wore masks and followed recommended guidelines we would have the virus under control in 4-6 weeks.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

I saw a comment today made by a top healthcare official that if people wore masks and followed recommended guidelines we would have the virus under control in 4-6 weeks.

It’s just not going to happen, first I will say I have not always worn a mask, but when I walk In a business that has a sign to wear a mask I do, I was just in a speedway in Florence, 7 customers, 2 people had mask on, me and a elderly lady, heck one of the workers didn’t have it on, and one guy even looked at me like I was going to say something to him, they even have a sign saying mask is required, there is just no way to inforce it, and I’ll admit I have been anti mask, but when a business ask you to wear them a customer should respect that.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I saw a comment today made by a top healthcare official that if people wore masks and followed recommended guidelines we would have the virus under control in 4-6 weeks.

Seems like a pretty simple, low risk solution, that's at the very least worth trying. 

Here is the sign I would have on the front door of my business:

Thank you for your business! We are happy to be open for you.

Please help us stay open and wear a mask!

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I saw a comment today made by a top healthcare official that if people wore masks and followed recommended guidelines we would have the virus under control in 4-6 weeks.

I am all for wearing masks. I have to at work, now. However, we were in lockdown for nearly 2 months and it came right back. Now wearing a mask and following recommended guidelines for 4-6 weeks will give a better result? 

Parents in several FLA counties received school reopening plans, yesterday. In Pinellas, the parents are given the options of going back live with Covid-19 restrictions, attending online the first semester then going back live the 2nd semester, and attending online the entire year. In Seminole County, the options included 9 weeks online then reevaluating and alternating online and live attendance during the week.  

My daughter-in-law, a principle in Seminole County, spent yesterday fielding calls and emails from parents and teachers. She had one teacher resign and another take a leave of absence. She expects more of that and worries if she'll have enough staff to open at all. 

At present, school is scheduled to start in most counties August 10. 

33 minutes ago, swamprat said:

Parents in several FLA counties received school reopening plans, yesterday. In Pinellas, the parents are given the options of going back live with Covid-19 restrictions, attending online the first semester then going back live the 2nd semester, and attending online the entire year. In Seminole County, the options included 9 weeks online then reevaluating and alternating online and live attendance during the week.  

My daughter-in-law, a principle in Seminole County, spent yesterday fielding calls and emails from parents and teachers. She had one teacher resign and another take a leave of absence. She expects more of that and worries if she'll have enough staff to open at all. 

At present, school is scheduled to start in most counties August 10. 

Yikes. I couldn't imagine being in your daughter's position. Praise to her.

44 minutes ago, swamprat said:

Parents in several FLA counties received school reopening plans, yesterday. In Pinellas, the parents are given the options of going back live with Covid-19 restrictions, attending online the first semester then going back live the 2nd semester, and attending online the entire year. In Seminole County, the options included 9 weeks online then reevaluating and alternating online and live attendance during the week.  

My daughter-in-law, a principle in Seminole County, spent yesterday fielding calls and emails from parents and teachers. She had one teacher resign and another take a leave of absence. She expects more of that and worries if she'll have enough staff to open at all. 

At present, school is scheduled to start in most counties August 10. 

Certainly scary situation all the way around.  I'm sure what she is seeing is what most schools around the country will be dealing with.

2 hours ago, swamprat said:

I am all for wearing masks. I have to at work, now. However, we were in lockdown for nearly 2 months and it came right back. Now wearing a mask and following recommended guidelines for 4-6 weeks will give a better result? 

We were never in a lock down. We just couldn't eat in a restaurant or go to sporting events. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

We were never in a lock down. We just couldn't eat in a restaurant or go to sporting events. 

Don’t forget about Dentists and Chiropractors...

The 16 year old in the drive through at Wendy’s is an essential employee though.

3 hours ago, swamprat said:

I am all for wearing masks. I have to at work, now. However, we were in lockdown for nearly 2 months and it came right back. Now wearing a mask and following recommended guidelines for 4-6 weeks will give a better result? 

 Opposed to the result we are looking at right now without wearing masks?  If nothing else why not try wearing the mask because we're seeing what happens if you don't.

 Also, I think comparing what we are recommending now versus what was happening 2 months ago is counter productive. Things changed and we learned which resulted in new recommendations. What was recommended 2 months ago was based on maybe half the information we have now. Why would we want to benchmark that against current recommendations?

1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

Don’t forget about Dentists and Chiropractors...

The 16 year old in the drive through at Wendy’s is an essential employee though.

How dare someone take away someone’s rights to spicy chicken nuggets from Wendy’s. Haha It’s truly amazing what was prioritized during the “lockdown”. I mean we really couldn’t go a month having to eat at home and binge Netflix? I honestly can’t believe this is what our country has become. 

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Opposed to the result we are looking at right now without wearing masks?  If nothing else why not try wearing the mask because we're seeing what happens if you don't.

 Also, I think comparing what we are recommending now versus what was happening 2 months ago is counter productive. Things changed and we learned which resulted in new recommendations. What was recommended 2 months ago was based on maybe half the information we have now. Why would we want to benchmark that against current recommendations?

Exactly. 2-3 months ago we all thought this would die off in the summer due to the heat. That didn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

How dare someone take away someone’s rights to spicy chicken nuggets from Wendy’s. Haha It’s truly amazing what was prioritized during the “lockdown”. I mean we really couldn’t go a month having to eat at home and binge Netflix? I honestly can’t believe this is what our country has become. 

Looking back, If restaurants were to remain open, they should have been delivery only maybe ?

I was fine with hardware stores staying open. They should have decreased the operating hours and severely under staffed them. Make it such a pain to get in and out of the place that someone wouldn’t even consider going unless they had some sort of home repair crisis.

5 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Don’t forget about Dentists and Chiropractors...

The 16 year old in the drive through at Wendy’s is an essential employee though.

Dentists, Chiropractors, hair and nail salons, beaches, any social gathering places (including churches), and most retail outlets, including sit down restaurant access. And many of those workers deemed essential were working from home. Those retail outlets deemed essential had their hours of operation cut back. Also all elective medical procedures were stopped. For all the people supposedly out and about, my drive to work everyday was basically with no traffic at all during that time. Retail mall and strip mall parking lots were deserted. 

Regardless of the extent of the lock down, my point is that the restrictions during that time were much more comprehensive than wearing a mask and following guidelines. However, I hope they are right. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.