Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

1.  Currently it is the law in Kentucky per the Kentucky Supreme Court.

2.  That is why I will let businesses know I will not be shopping there because they need to know they will lose just as much business by not enforcing the mask law.

3. WalMart now has a mask requirement too. My shopping options are much better then the options for those who refuse to wear a mask.

4.  Masks are much more effective when everyone wears them versus just some people wearing them.

At this point with all we now know there is no legitimate reason for a person to go into a building with other people without wearing a mask.

It is not law and the "mask debate" is far from settled science. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Settled science or not, we have seen what happens when people run around without masks. In March it led to a shut down. In June and July, it has led to the highest new case counts yet and the highest in the world. We are going backwards instead of forward. Yesterday new cases near 75,000 and another 1,000 people dead. It is an embarrassment to the United States to see how the people in our country are dealing with this. An absolute embarrassment. Every true American should be embarrassed. Not wearing a mask fits perfectly into that definition of insanity we hear often - keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

1.  Currently it is the law in Kentucky per the Kentucky Supreme Court.

2.  That is why I will let businesses know I will not be shopping there because they need to know they will lose just as much business by not enforcing the mask law.

3. WalMart now has a mask requirement too. My shopping options are much better then the options for those who refuse to wear a mask.

4.  Masks are much more effective when everyone wears them versus just some people wearing them.

At this point with all we now know there is no legitimate reason for a person to go into a building with other people without wearing a mask.

1. It's not a law. Until people understand that then there is no point in continuing the discussion. Its like beating on a dead horse.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Absolutely correct about the law. As far as masks go I'm not sure how my mask is more effective when other people in the store are wearing them as well, as opposed to just myself. If we're gonna get that serious about it then nothing in the store is safe due to the fact that someone had to package it, touch it at checkout, etc. The logic behind that just doesn't make sense to me.

Either the mask works or it doesn't. Seems like it doesn't, especially the cloth masks that most people are wearing. I may as well just pull the neck of my shirt above my nose. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I know what some of the national chains have said, but I haven't been to a grocery yet that is enforcing masks.

This changed today.  Walmart in Alexandria requires a mask to enter the store, but several who were already inside took theirs off.

Like I said before, it's going to be hard for stores to enforce this.    

1 hour ago, JDEaston said:

Absolutely correct about the law. As far as masks go I'm not sure how my mask is more effective when other people in the store are wearing them as well, as opposed to just myself. If we're gonna get that serious about it then nothing in the store is safe due to the fact that someone had to package it, touch it at checkout, etc. The logic behind that just doesn't make sense to me.

Either the mask works or it doesn't. Seems like it doesn't, especially the cloth masks that most people are wearing. I may as well just pull the neck of my shirt above my nose. 

Find a walk in freezer and go in with you and one other person standing face to face. Try first with neither wearing a mask and breathing directly at one another. Then try with one wearing a mask and the other not. Finally, complete the experiment with both wearing a mask. Report back on the results. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gametime said:

Find a walk in freezer and go in with you and one other person standing face to face. Try first with neither wearing a mask and breathing directly at one another. Then try with one wearing a mask and the other not. Finally, complete the experiment with both wearing a mask. Report back on the results. 

I already know what the results will be, essentially the masks aren't effective in most ways. Particularly if you have a beard, do I have to shave my beard now too? Wait till the people making these "rules" figure that aspect of the mask out. We will all have to be clean shaven to go out in public.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

This changed today.  Walmart in Alexandria requires a mask to enter the store, but several who were already inside took theirs off.

Like I said before, it's going to be hard for stores to enforce this.    

I believe that's a Walmart rule, not a state law. They have the right to refuse business to anyone, just like any other business does. Their employees aren't trained to be bouncers though, so I'm curious about how they plan on enforcing it.

Hopefully it goes over smoothly, again it's their business and they can rule it however they wish. I just hope it doesn't turn into a disaster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDEaston said:

1. It's not a law. Until people understand that then there is no point in continuing the discussion. Its like beating on a dead horse.

Semantics. Call it what you want. Believe what you want. Please stay away from me and my family if you don't have a mask on.

35 minutes ago, gametime said:

You are embarrassingly incorrect. It's been a good run, but I'm out on BGP. Keep safe to whatever friends I have left here. I can no longer stand for a place that encourages and endorses this type of ignorance. Adios...

On which part?

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Semantics. Call it what you want. Believe what you want. Please stay away from me and my family if you don't have a mask on.

I don't encroach on other peoples space, whether I'm wearing a mask or not, so you are safe from me.

For those of you who think that masks don’t work or that it hasn’t been proven to work, let me ask you this.

Lets say you were going into the hospital for surgery, something simple, maybe even laparoscopic.  Your surgeon tells you that the hospital is out of masks, so the entire surgical team will be operating on you without masks.  It’s ok though because they are all healthy.  Do you have your surgery?

• Like 1

I remember some of the same disinformation when seatbelt laws were enacted. People would hang their hats on that one case where the seatbelt didn’t help or may have contributed to the death of a driver while ignoring the overwhelming amount of incidents where seatbelts saved the life of drivers.