Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

That would mean non-existent. Which from most reputable medical guidance I have seen does not support that.

You have to provide more context than what you posted.

Apologies. 

Study: 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32513410/

From above: 

Results: The median contact time for patients was four days and that for family members was five days. Cardiovascular disease accounted for 25% among original diseases of patients. Apart from hospital staffs, both patients and family members were isolated medically. During the quarantine, seven patients plus one family member appeared new respiratory symptoms, where fever was the most common one. The blood counts in most contacts were within a normal range. All CT images showed no sign of COVID-19 infection. No severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections was detected in 455 contacts by nucleic acid test.

Conclusion: In summary, all the 455 contacts were excluded from SARS-CoV-2 infection and we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Also,

From April. 

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200402-sitrep-73-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=5ae25bc7_2#:~:text=An asymptomatic laboratory-confirmed,more information becomes available.

From above: 

Asymptomatic transmission

An asymptomatic laboratory-confirmed case is a person infected with COVID-19 who does not develop symptoms. Asymptomatic transmission refers to transmission of the virus from a person, who does not develop symptoms.

There are few reports of laboratory-confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic, and to date (April), there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur. Asymptomatic cases have been reported as part of contact tracing efforts in some countries.

*****

Emphasis added.  I find the use of the word 'truly' interesting.  Not sure what 'non-truly' asymptomatic would be.  It seems some people were showing 'some symptoms' of some illness but were not being classified as 'symptomatic' and label 'asymptomatic'.   That is what apparently happened in the early study that launched the whole 'asymptomatic' frenzy. 

 

 

 

 

With the heat we've been having, whatever happened to the theory that heat will kill the virus or at least render it less harmful?

19 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

With the heat we've been having, whatever happened to the theory that heat will kill the virus or at least render it less harmful?

I think that whole theory fell apart pretty early on.  

I mean, it's been pretty darn hot in CA, FL, and parts of TX throughout all of this and it sure hasn't slowed their numbers.

6 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Forget about the coronavirus for a second, and let's look at it this way.  If you were standing 2-3 feet from someone and they sneezed, which do you think is going to keep more of their "spray" off you?

A.  A mask on them?

B.  A mask on you?

 

I can't believe we're still debating this. 

People that are sneezing and coughing uncontrollably shouldn't be in the business to begin with, stay at home if you have those symptoms. If by some chance I am in a business and I feel a random sneeze or cough coming on I can pull my shirt over my nose and accomplish the same result a cloth mask would provide.

48 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

People that are sneezing and coughing uncontrollably shouldn't be in the business to begin with, stay at home if you have those symptoms. If by some chance I am in a business and I feel a random sneeze or cough coming on I can pull my shirt over my nose and accomplish the same result a cloth mask would provide.

In an idyllic world, people would stay home.  But they won't.  They'll blow it off to being allergies, or hay fever, or just a simple cold.  And if they were always able to pull their shirt over their nose, that'd be fine too.  But often, they can't.  Either their hands are full, or the outfit they're wearing doesn't allow for it to come up that high (especially during these hot summer months).

2 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

In an idyllic world, people would stay home.  But they won't.  They'll blow it off to being allergies, or hay fever, or just a simple cold.  And if they were always able to pull their shirt over their nose, that'd be fine too.  But often, they can't.  Either their hands are full, or the outfit they're wearing doesn't allow for it to come up that high (especially during these hot summer months).

This is the problem with schools. People will send their kids to school sick. They do all the time. Covid will be no different.  

3 minutes ago, Hellcats said:

This is the problem with schools. People will send their kids to school sick. They do all the time. Covid will be no different.  

Which is what has teachers scared the most about the upcoming year.  Especially those who are "older" themselves, or care for an at-risk relative.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This has been arguably the most disappointing event of my life. The way our country and our countrymen have behaved and continue to behave is an embarrassment. The US virus cases continue to roar on full throttle while virtually every other country in the world has the virus well in control. And still there are Americans who refuse to try and do things that should help. Why has almost every other country managed this so much better than the US? Step back and look at how we as a nation have managed this compared to other nations. We are now the nation that is banned from travel. Our neighbors in Canada don't even want MLB baseball teams traveling to Toronto. We all need to do some self reflection and do better. What we have done or not done to this point as a nation and as individuals is a huge embarrassment to every American.

Without a doubt. It’s crazy that the people who claim to love America the most are the ones who have been so adamantly against wearing masks, quarantining, etc. I don’t understand how people can claim to love America and all the freedoms and liberties we are afforded here, but fail to give a damn about what really makes America our country special and that’s the people. 

 

2 hours ago, JDEaston said:

If by some chance I am in a business and I feel a random sneeze or cough coming on I can pull my shirt over my nose and accomplish the same result a cloth mask would provide.

Or you can just wear a mask for 30 minutes... 

Dr. Fauci is scheduled to throw out the first pitch Thursday night at the Nationals home opener.  I guess it will be a ball or a strike depending on who he is talking to at the time.  ?

2 hours ago, Hellcats said:

This is the problem with schools. People will send their kids to school sick. They do all the time. Covid will be no different.  

We will be taking temps at the door. 

5 hours ago, swamprat said:

Unless I read the statement wrong, according to the CDC getting it from an asymptomatic infected person (someone infected but does not know they have it) is rare, not automatic.

 

People are generally contagious before they know they have it. Unless this virus is different.  

55 minutes ago, sweet16 said:

We will be taking temps at the door. 

We will too, but contagious people don't always have a fever.  

Our school is going to put kids on buses trusting the parental temp checks.  

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

Or you can just wear a mask for 30 minutes... 

Or I can just wear my shirt over my nose. Why do I need to add the mask when I'm already wearing a shirt thats gonna be just as effective, maybe more depending on how thick the shirt is. Ahh I forgot, I need to because thats what I'm being told to do.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.