KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

Money is money and since the KHSAA doesn't make a penny on the rivalry during the regular season, they just eliminated this revenue period. As another poster said, the rest of the state teams will be playing for runner up every year versus every other year as it is set up now. I guess that's a victory in the KHSAA's opinion.

A very big victory for public schools in Kentucky. Hard to compete with private school money. The only way it will ever be truly correct is when private schools have their own playoffs. Not trying to get the public/private debate started again just stating the truth.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money is money and since the KHSAA doesn't make a penny on the rivalry during the regular season, they just eliminated this revenue period. As another poster said, the rest of the state teams will be playing for runner up every year versus every other year as it is set up now. I guess that's a victory in the KHSAA's opinion.

Or, just possibly, the KHSAA might not have made its decision based or revenue, but rather based on schools that are geographically close to one another. Is it safe to say that every school in that district is located within twenty miles of one another?

I'm confused by this argument. Do you truly believe that St. X v. Trinity will make more money played in Bowling Green than in Louisville? The reason I ask is that I believe that you will have more people go to Papa John's to watch St. X and Trinity in the regional championship than travel to Bowling Green to watch them play 3 weeks later. The game is still going to be played.

Which is the key sentence in your post. Again, all of your points are valid, but the way I look at it is shut up and play football.

IMO, the T and X fans that are complaining are doing so because one of those teams will have their amount of semi final and state finals appearance cut back because of this. If you're satisfied with finishing runner up or making the state semi's, then I can understand why you're upset, but either way you're going to have to beat one another for the state title so why does it matter when that game is??

Again, Newcath and Beechwood were 2 of the top 3 programs in the state in 1A during the 90's and early 2000's, but nobody complained about them being in the same district.

Covcath and Highlands were two of the state's best programs for a very long time for their class and they were in the same district but nobody complaied about that either.

Don't expect any of us to feel "sorry" for T and X being in the same district, regardless of how the geographical location says they should be paired up with other teams.

I would not expect anyone on here to be sympathetic to T & X - except T & X folks. Wonder how the Male & Manual folks feel as well??

A very big victory for public schools in Kentucky. Hard to compete with private school money. The only way it will ever be truly correct is when private schools have their own playoffs. Not trying to get the public/private debate started again just stating the truth.

It's not the truth. Ft. Campbell competed w/ the privates quite well the past 3 years. Bring some figures to the table before talking about private v public money. I can assure you that many of the privates do not have near as much money as you perceive them to have. Further, publics are state funded. You are just making an excuse.

WOW! IMO all this did was 'waterdown' Class 5A making Class4A the strongest Class. Obviously District 4 in Class 6A is the strongest District and it seems a bit unfair to Simon Kenton to make them drive to Lexington so much. I guess 6 in district no. 6 too much.

The 6A teams in the west have traveled long distances for district games for years. Henderson to Graves is 130miles, Henderson to Marshall is just under 120 miles.

Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

PC must feel gut-punched this morning. This certainly isn't what they bargained for when they got into the footall business.

Curious if and how this might affect their future.

Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

PC must feel gut-punched this morning. This certainly isn't what they bargained for when they got into the footall business.

Curious if and how this might affect their future.

Your right Mustang. Tough, tough district for Pendleton County.

You want to complain about something being unfair, try explaining that to teams like Danville or Middlesboro who will travel 2+ hours for a district game. Lexington is probably only 45 mins away from SK. Not that big of a deal IMO.

Holmes is further north than SK and they travel to Bourbon, Harrison, and Franklin Co for district games. You don't hear any of those fans complaining.

Not sure what you're seeing, Walter. It looks like 4A District 7 is CovCath, Harrison, Highlands, Holmes and Pendleton.

The weak kneed people at KHSAA did what the schools didn't-knock X or T out every year. Ever hear of trying to bring others up instead of taking X and T down? What about Male and Manual? Like I said before, let's give everybody a participation trophy so they feel good about themselves.