District 2 - Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District 3 - Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Paris

District 4 - Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow

District 5 - Berea, Campbellsville, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

District 6 - Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

District 7 - Fairview, Nicholas County, Paintsville, Raceland

District 8 - Allen Central, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

CLASS 2A

District 1 - Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Murray, Reidland

District 2 - Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central, Union County

District 3 - Butler County, Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County

District 4 - Bardstown, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Fort Knox, Shawnee, Washington County

District 5 - Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona

District 6 - Bishop Brossart, Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District 7 - Danville, Leslie County, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset

District 8 - Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, Russell, Shelby Valley

CLASS 3A

District 1 - Fort Campbell, Heath, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Webster County,

District 2 - Adair County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Monroe County, South Warren

District 3 - Central, Elizabethtown, Henry County, Larue County, Western Hills

District 4 – Bell County, Casey County, Corbin, McCreary Central, Wayne County

District 5 - Bath County, Bourbon County, Estill County, Garrard County, Powell County

District 6 - East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, West Carter

District 7 - Breathitt County, Jackson County, Knott County Central, Magoffin County, Morgan County

District 8 - Belfry, East Ridge, Lawrence County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

CLASS 4A

District 1 - Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Owensboro

District 2 - Allen County-Scottsville, Breckinridge County, Franklin-Simpson, Warren East

District 3 - Atherton, Collins, North Oldham, Spencer County, Waggener

District 4 – Doss, Fairdale, Moore, Valley, Western

District 5 - Boyle County, Lexington Catholic, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County

District 6 - Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County

District 7 - Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

District 8 - Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

CLASS 5A

District 1 - Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville, Ohio County

District 2 - Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central

District 3 - Grayson County, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, North Hardin

District 4 - Anderson County, Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Shelby County

District 5 - Conner, Cooper, Grant County, Scott, South Oldham

District 6 - East Jessamine, Franklin County, Montgomery County, West Jessamine, Woodford County

District 7 - Lincoln County, Madison Southern, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

District 8 - Harlan County, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County

CLASS 6A

District 1 - Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County

District 2 - Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County, Paul Laurence Dunbar

District 3 – Butler, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Southern

District 4 - DuPont Manual, Male, St. Xavier, Trinity (Louisville)

District 5 - Ballard, Eastern, Fern Creek, Oldham County

District 6 - Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle

District 7 - Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Scott County, Simon Kenton

District 8 - George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek

LINK

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the changes was that both A and 6A have just 32 teams, guaranteeing each school a playoff berth.

One of the many reasons why we need to go back to 4 classes, or even just 5.

You'll see winless teams and teams with 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs. Much different from my playing days when you had to EARN a playoff berth.

WOW! IMO all this did was 'waterdown' Class 5A making Class4A the strongest Class. Obviously District 4 in Class 6A is the strongest District and it seems a bit unfair to Simon Kenton to make them drive to Lexington so much. I guess 6 in district no. 6 too much.

From a previous thread:

I'll be the first to admit that your points are all valid.

However....when you have two schools that are just 5 miles apart, does it really not make sense for them to be in the same district? Louisville is a lot like nky, in that the schools are all crammed together because of it being an urban area.

People can cry all they want about the re-aligment but if they're going to complain about being in a district with another school that's 5 miles away, try telling that to the KHSAA who has some districts with teams that are over 2 hours apart.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for the districts to remain how they are, but, it also isn't that big of a deal to change them up considering how close all of the schools are to one another.

As stated before...if you want to complain about the distance between schools in a district, blame 6 classes.

I'm sure not many, if anyone, will tell you that the KHSAA going to six classes was a good idea. But that's the hand, and what they've stressed is to give the best geographical situations possible to all schools. Some schools get unlucky, like Simon Kenton, or Russellville. But where possible, they have stressed that is their goal.

The problem is not in and of itself that Trinity and St. X are in the same district. Yes, there is some justification as they are relatively close to each other, as are all Louisville schools. It's what you can see they've done by additionally putting Manual and especially Male in the district, while leaving out a much closer school to Trinity in Ballard, and a school closer to both in Seneca. It's furthermore because the only "Louisville" district school outside Jefferson County is Oldham County, and being on the northwest side of the county, who are they closest to? Ballard, Eastern, and.... Fern Creek? Google Maps has not only Trinity as closer, but in fact has Seneca, Male, St. X, and Manual all closer than Fern Creek.

I realize a lot of it is going to be splitting hairs, it's just clear to me that they went against their supposed goals to make this happen. In a vacuum, it is not altogether unreasonable to have Trinity and St. X together, but it is when you look at the outside factors. There's a reason that the districts are the way they were in the previous alignment, and barely anything has changed in the Louisville area since then.

If trying to eliminate one of us is all you want, the KHSAA did it's job. If reducing their revenue stream in the State Championship was their goal, they succeeded here as well.

I always thought the Sweet 16 was the cash cow for the KHSAA. Not football

One of the many reasons why we need to go back to 4 classes, or even just 5.

You'll see winless teams and teams with 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs. Much different from my playing days when you had to EARN a playoff berth.

I agree with this 100%. Kids play with more passion and it makes the game so much better to watch than giving 0-10, 1-9 teams playoff spots. I have always looked at football as a sport that prepares you for real life. When you get knocked down, do you lay there or get back up? Things in real life aren't going to be given away, you have to earn it. The kids should have to earn a playoff spot not be given one. This "everyone gets a trophy" era is garbage. Prepare the kids for life and make them earn it instead of making them feel good about themselves now and then when the real world comes and they get stepped on they don't know how to handle it.