KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

The weak kneed people at KHSAA did what the schools didn't-knock X or T out every year. Ever hear of trying to bring others up instead of taking X and T down? What about Male and Manual? Like I said before, let's give everybody a participation trophy so they feel good about themselves.
You're gonna need a tissue aren't you?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money is money and since the KHSAA doesn't make a penny on the rivalry during the regular season, they just eliminated this revenue period. As another poster said, the rest of the state teams will be playing for runner up every year versus every other year as it is set up now. I guess that's a victory in the KHSAA's opinion.

I think this actually gives the rest of the state 6A teams a better chance to get a title since they will only have to go through one of the two to win. It's a lot more likely to have an upset of either T or X in a one game scenario then to have to beat both of them in a season to get a championship.

Next season would have currently ranked #1 Trinity, #3 St. X, #4 Manual, and #5 Male all in the same district. If I was Manual or Male I would be upset. The other 6A regions have to be jumping up and down. :bunny:

Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

PC must feel gut-punched this morning. This certainly isn't what they bargained for when they got into the footall business.

Curious if and how this might affect their future.

It isn't? They had to look no further than their neighbor Grant County to realize this was always a real possiblity.

The True 6A State Championship game has been moved back from Bowling Green to Louisville's Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, and the date has been moved up a couple of weeks from the first week in December to the third week in November. At this time St. X., Trinity, Male, or Manual will be crowned as State Champion, with final confirmation coming two weeks later from the KHSAA. :ylsuper:

Now it's time to think about the biggest positive about this new alignment....MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....and how we are going to spend it all. :clap:

Dunbar in a district with Meade Co, Nelson Co, and Central Hardin and there are at least 7 other 6A schools within 30 minutes?

Lex Christian and Middlesboro in the same district?? That has to be up there with the longest drive times between schools.

:idunno:

It's not the truth. Ft. Campbell competed w/ the privates quite well the past 3 years. Bring some figures to the table before talking about private v public money. I can assure you that many of the privates do not have near as much money as you perceive them to have. Further, publics are state funded. You are just making an excuse.

How many public schools do you know of that can offer financial assistance/tuition to out of district student athletes?

How many student athletes do St. X/Trinity have that transfered in from other school districts?

Bottom line is that public schools do not compete on a LEVEL playing field with private schools!!!