KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to buck the trend of the Trinity posters. I personally don't mind that T & X are in the same district. I do feel that putting Male and Manual in the same district may eventually be disasterous or a genius move for their programs. I think that the top 4A programs OVERALL are these 4. I get the anti-new district sentiment, but I don't think the KHSAA is anti-T or X. If anything, if I were Male or Manual, I would think the KHSAA were anti M or H.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Still, I understand the frustration of those - conspiracy theorists or not - that would like to see a T-X final most every year.

Im going to say what many T and X fans already know. The KHSAA is anti T and X. They have been for years. They will be for years to come. Putting X and T in the same district, when CLEARLY it doesn't make geographical sense, is the only way to assure that one doesnt make the State Championship, thus allowing another public school to make it to the championship game to take home the runner up trophy. Kentucky football in general will suffer, and T and X will continue to thrive despite every effort made by the KHSAA governing body to stop them.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.

By putting Male and Manual in T and X's district, you now have made thier schedules more difficult than they already were. Since T and X play an out of state schedule that is off the charts (respect to Manual for thiers as well) you now are preparing the two schools for even bigger dominance.

Great job KHSAA, you continually shoot yourself in the foot because you dont like your shoes. Keep up the fantastic work!

They are six miles away from one another, but it doesn't make geographic sense?

I'm going to have to buck the trend of the Trinity posters. I personally don't mind that T & X are in the same district. I do feel that putting Male and Manual in the same district may eventually be disasterous or a genius move for their programs. I think that the top 4 6A programs OVERALL are these 4. I get the anti-new district sentiment, but I don't think the KHSAA is anti-T or X. If anything, if I were Male or Manual, I would think the KHSAA were anti M or H.

I dont disagree rockmom, but I feel that playing T and X year in and out will better prepare your teams for playing others...playing the best makes you better. Male has always competeded against both very well as has manual.

I think that what isn't understood by those outside of Louisville is the proximity of the 6A schools to each other. So, although X & T are only 6 miles apart, Ballard and Seneca are both closer to Trinity than X, for instance.

I don't personally mind how they do it. But, I'm just trying to explain the confusion of the geography/distance explanation.

Ballard and Seneca are both closer..

Look, I have no problem with X being in the same district as T..trust me. It makes the rivalry MUCH MUCH more important than just a rivalry game. Im saying the KHSAA is doing it to spite both schools from meeting in the state championship..and if you deny that, you're drinking kool aid

Do you have proof of this EROCK? No, you dont! Quit with the misinformation. KHSAA rules are very strict about "scholarships" towards athletes. They dont recieve them, and until you have PROOF, then silence is your best course.

No proof needed. Everyone in the state know how things go at St. X and Trinity. This is just a small step toward the right thing to do by the KHSAA. I sense some sour grapes because you will have to compete for a trip to the finals each year instead of your cruise control trip each season.

Im going to say what many T and X fans already know. The KHSAA is anti T and X. They have been for years. They will be for years to come. Putting X and T in the same district, when CLEARLY it doesn't make geographical sense, is the only way to assure that one doesnt make the State Championship, thus allowing another public school to make it to the championship game to take home the runner up trophy. Kentucky football in general will suffer, and T and X will continue to thrive despite every effort made by the KHSAA governing body to stop them.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.

By putting Male and Manual in T and X's district, you now have made thier schedules more difficult than they already were. Since T and X play an out of state schedule that is off the charts (respect to Manual for thiers as well) you now are preparing the two schools for even bigger dominance.

Great job KHSAA, you continually shoot yourself in the foot because you dont like your shoes. Keep up the fantastic work!

You seem to be a little out there saying that Kentucky football itself will suffer. How is this going to hurt Highlands, Beechwood, Bell Co, Danville, Boyle Co, Fort Campbell, etc? My point is that football is played in Kentucky outside of Louisville. Highlands is the premier football program in Kentucky if you ask me because they do it without a huge advantage over everyone else in number of boys. You guys are upset because they put you in a district with a school 6 miles away and say it doesn't make sense geographically speaking when Middlesboro has to be in a district with Lex. Christian and Danville. Look at a map and see how far they are apart.

No proof needed. Everyone in the state know how things go at St. X and Trinity. This is just a small step toward the right thing to do by the KHSAA. I sense some sour grapes because you will have to compete for a trip to the finals each year instead of your cruise control trip each season.

Exactly, you have no proof of this happening. People can assume all they want, but it DOES NOT HAPPEN. Until you can back up your accusations, I suggest that you refrain from spewing them.

Sour grapes? You confuse me. Aren't T and X meeting in the regional final this year? So only one of us will go to the State Championship? Im fine with that. Even if we meet at the state game, only one of us can win. You are wrong again Erock.

Ballard and Seneca are both closer..

Look, I have no problem with X being in the same district as T..trust me. It makes the rivalry MUCH MUCH more important than just a rivalry game. Im saying the KHSAA is doing it to spite both schools from meeting in the state championship..and if you deny that, you're drinking kool aid

Its never made sense other than to generate money that Trinity and St X wouldnt meet until the finals.

You seem to be a little out there saying that Kentucky football itself will suffer. How is this going to hurt Highlands, Beechwood, Bell Co, Danville, Boyle Co, Fort Campbell, etc? My point is that football is played in Kentucky outside of Louisville. Highlands is the premier football program in Kentucky if you ask me because they do it without a huge advantage over everyone else in number of boys. You guys are upset because they put you in a district with a school 6 miles away and say it doesn't make sense geographically speaking when Middlesboro has to be in a district with Lex. Christian and Danville. Look at a map and see how far they are apart.

I should have been more specific, it will hurt 6A kentucky football.

And for your information, Highlands has a pretty nice feeder system to thier school, while T and X have to share...

Over three decades of interviewing football coaches, I've always been told by coaches I respect a lot that it doesn't matter what district you're in if you want to be the best. It only matters what district you're in (and who's in it) if you want something handed to you. So...whether you're in a stacked district or a weak one...

Play ball!

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominance of its class? Nope...not one thing.

Highlands doesn't enjoy a huge enrollment advantage over most of the teams in their class ... in fact, they're the smallest school in 5A.

Gotta agree with westsider. There's not a whole lot that can be done by the KHSAA to "stop Highlands". They're a great team, playing within the confines of like-sized schools. They aren't geographically isolated so there's no reason for them to play up unless the KHSAA by-laws are re-written. I don't think we need to go lowering the pitchers mound because Highlands is a powerhouse dynasty.

Are St. X, Trinity, Male & Manual getting shafted by the realignment? You could definitely look at it that way...but there's only so much complaining a program can do. I hate seeing it when my Colonels lose to the Blue Birds - especially in the years when they would have otherwise had a justifiable shot at the state title, but that's the ropes. At some point you need to put on your helmet and shoulderpads and just go out and play to win a state title, no matter who you're playing against.