KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

Sorry...I was being sarcastic. (They really need a font for that.) I was trying to editorialize that the "No proof needed" argument is one of the more ridiculous things that can be said on here. I agree with you completely dr1.

Sorry Colonel, I didn't realize that...my apologies, kind sir!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is the Trinty and St.X supporters are upset that both schools will not be in the finals each year. Don't count on any sympathy from the "real" world when it comes to this subject.

Who wants sympathy? This is a financial windfall for us. Part of me hates that we won't get to see the two best teams play each other in the finals.

By that logic generally speaking in 4A Bell and Boyle shouldnt play until the finals every year. And Fort Campbell should have played Paducah Tighlman in the finals instead of before that last year. They are in the same city, so they should atleast be in the same region or on the same side to meet in the final 4.

As for X and T they are sharing 3,000 boys basically. No one else has that luxury. And more power to them for having that.

Paducah and Ft. Campbell are at least 75 miles apart.

Who wants sympathy? This is a financial windfall for us. Part of me hates that we won't get to see the two best teams play each other in the finals.

That happens in every sport. No one dare touch the Sweet 16 and their draw which usually puts the best teams in one side of the bracket. Very few people complain.

The best volleyball is played in Louisville and northern Kentucky. I guess we should redraw those regions and spread them equally over 16 regions so that the best teams can meet in the finals.

The baseball state championship is usually played in the loaded Lexington district every year. Very few say those teams should be spread out to ensure the best teams meet in the finals. Heck, it cost the Lexington Catholic coach his job.

Sweet 16 is a blind draw West Ky.

As far as this topic here's my beef as a high school football fan my beef. For the last 14 years or so the three best teams nearly every year (T, X, Male) are now together which means the 6-A final is going to be ugly every year. At least the way it has been, we had a shot at a good 6-A game every now and then (X-T, Male-T games) but not anymore. Remember the times it has been Trinity or X and a state school. Boring.

Will there every be a 6-A final with a spread of under 28? I highly doubt it.

And as a high school football fan that's what disappoints me.

Sweet 16 is a blind draw West Ky.

As far as this topic here's my beef as a high school football fan my beef. For the last 14 years or so the three best teams nearly every year (T, X, Male) are now together which means the 6-A final is going to be ugly every year. At least the way it has been, we had a shot at a good 6-A game every now and then (X-T, Male-T games) but not anymore. Remember the times it has been Trinity or X and a state school. Boring.

Will there every be a 6-A final with a spread of under 28? I highly doubt it.

And as a high school football fan that's what disappoints me.

Well, get over it!!!! How dare you want an exciting final....It's all about letting others share in a beat down.

I agree with that point as I enjoy watching close competitive football games, particularly state championship games; although there have been plenty of times in years past that the two best teams didn't make the finals because of one eliminating the other earlier in the playoffs. As others mentioned, when CovCath was strong, it really stunk having them and Highlands in the same district and many a year the two best teams in that class didn't meet in the championship game. I'm sure that's been the case in other classes, involving other teams too. The best way to avoid that happening is to seed the playoffs; maybe that's an idea that should be looked at again with a fresh perspective. Maybe Ohio's system is the better one. Start using computer formulas to seed teams so that if X and T are the two highest ranked teams, they are seeded in different sides of the playoff bracket. I have a feeling a lot of people would be opposed to that idea however.

I really think what this boils down to is whatever the KHSAA does, it's not going to please everyone any of the time (forget about trying to please everyone all of the time). I get that. I just wish some people (not pointing my finger at you RP) would stop the accusations about motives, biases, etc at the KHSAA and the people involved. If the KHSAA was out to get the private schools, the BOC would have gone along with the school vote to split the publics and the privates; they would not have elected a private school's AD as the Vice President of the BOC as they did this past May; and they would not have had another private school representative chair the ad hoc committee that is proposing the current draft. If one thinks about those things just a little they might stop the accusations if they use just a little logic when forming their opinions.

Many have commented on the Trinity, X, Male, Manual district. First I don't believe that it makes sense on a geographic or competitive balance basis. Second it does nothing that hurts Trinity. Trinity will not win the district quite as often as they do now. So what. We are not a school that is satisfied to be district champion. The state title is what matters. Under the old set up,in most years we have to beat X and four others to win the state title. Under the proposed set up, in most years we will have to beat X and four others to win the state title. Now, I would like to ask what Male and Manual did to irritate the KHSAA. They got hosed. Do Ballard and Eastern have pictures of somebody?:laugh: