KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

To put the T, X, H, Manual district into perspective: Over the last 10 years all 10 state champions and 7 of the 10 state runners-up have come from this one district! And the 3 runners-up that were NOT from that foursome made it to the state finals via an arguably easier road and lost 48-0, 41-7, and 49-9. I think that because it is OBVIOUS that the realignment is NOT just about geography (no way geographically to argue that Seneca and Male should not be switched), everyone should see the elephant in the room that is the KHSAA's desire to spread around the runner-up trophies.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to say what many T and X fans already know. The KHSAA is anti T and X. They have been for years. They will be for years to come. Putting X and T in the same district, when CLEARLY it doesn't make geographical sense, is the only way to assure that one doesnt make the State Championship, thus allowing another public school to make it to the championship game to take home the runner up trophy. Kentucky football in general will suffer, and T and X will continue to thrive despite every effort made by the KHSAA governing body to stop them.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.By putting Male and Manual in T and X's district, you now have made thier schedules more difficult than they already were. Since T and X play an out of state schedule that is off the charts (respect to Manual for thiers as well) you now are preparing the two schools for even bigger dominance.

Great job KHSAA, you continually shoot yourself in the foot because you dont like your shoes. Keep up the fantastic work!

They are still trying to hold back wins from the 2004 seasonfrom a player that was deemed eligible. Further more Highlands is now in the correct classification enrollmentwise. Highlands has defyed the odds and won state championships against schools with larger enrollment. It would be very tough to see what the KHSAA could do. Highlands doesnt have any advantages that other schools have.

Surely the athletes that see the field at X and T are not "out of pocket" any money. Lets be serious, there are not many people on this site that can be suckered into beleiving X and T are on the same playing field as public schools of the same size.

Don't know what you mean by "out of pocket", can you clarify please? That said, I played for Trinity, got a scholly to college, and guess what? My folks paid the whole tab.

Well it looks like all the X and T BGP'rs are back.:D

Didn't someone mention last week that there were fewer X and T fans on the site?:ohbrother:

New conspiracy! In an effort to bring back the X and T posters, theguru bribed the KHSAA BOC into putting them in the same district! Now it all makes sense! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely the athletes that see the field at X and T are not "out of pocket" any money. Lets be serious, there are not many people on this site that can be suckered into beleiving X and T are on the same playing field as public schools of the same size.

Are you serious??? My son was a starter on last years team. I must have missed the free coupon offered the last 4 years. :irked:

Didn't someone mention last week that there were fewer X and T fans on the site?:ohbrother:

Between this announcement and the Guru's "pot stirring" threads, the wandering lambs have returned to the flock......Ox 316! :D

No proof needed. Everyone in the state know how things go at St. X and Trinity. This is just a small step toward the right thing to do by the KHSAA. I sense some sour grapes because you will have to compete for a trip to the finals each year instead of your cruise control trip each season.

First, when you are hinting at what you are, you need PROOF. It is against the rules to hint otherwise. Secondly, keep in mind, we're not looking to cruise control into the finals. We look to win the finals, doing so in 7 out of the last 9 seasons, beating Male (twice), St. Xavier (thrice), Ryle & Simon Kenton each once. Pretty sure we earned everything.

How many public schools do you know of that can offer financial assistance/tuition to out of district student athletes?

How many student athletes do St. X/Trinity have that transfered in from other school districts?

Bottom line is that public schools do not compete on a LEVEL playing field with private schools!!!

- All of them because it is paid by tax dollars!

- Don't know but can find out for you!

- Depends on what sport your talking about here? :lol::lol:

While I won't blame you for thinking that way because of "word on the street." :lol:

However I will tell you this..I have a very large family that have given years of tuition to both T and X. They are going to be so crapping mad to learn none of them got the free tuition coupon! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:rolleyes:

...one of the more solid arguments I've ever heard.

That's solid? #1, how DO things go at T and X? I've been out of school for many years and must not be aware of what's going on. #2, T & X play tough out of state teams along with their district foes each year. I wouldn't call that "cruise control". #3, I don't like grapes and I don't really care for wine and cheese, so you'll have to come up with something else.:irked:

We were focusing on T-X Pride Week last week. You've got our full attention now.:D

That's solid? #1, how DO things go at T and X? I've been out of school for many years and must not be aware of what's going on. #2, T & X play tough out of state teams along with their district foes each year. I wouldn't call that "cruise control". #3, I don't like grapes and I don't really care for wine and cheese, so you'll have to come up with something else.:irked:

Sorry...I was being sarcastic. (They really need a font for that.) I was trying to editorialize that the "No proof needed" argument is one of the more ridiculous things that can be said on here. I agree with you completely dr1.

I'm not sure I understand why everyone is against a football super district when baseball has had one for the past decade (the 43rd which is all Lexington schools). There are actually Lexington schools aligned outside this district also. I may be wrong but I don't remember reading a thread on here complaining about how the KHSAA was sticking it to the 43rd District schools. Or why Bryan Station or Henry Clay wasn't in the 43rd District.

I think when you are talking about districts in urban areas where schools are a lot closer together, strict geography as the only basis for alignment may be overblown. There isn't a lot of difference between driving five miles, eight miles, and 10 miles for a district game in the city. Most rural schools aren't afforded that luxuary. Heck, a lot of them would be greatful for 10-15 mile district trips. Look at Ruusellville in Class 1A. No matter how you align them, their closest district opponent will be Mayfield, 139 miles away.