KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

In sports, should it not be the best two teams, barring an upset, to meet for the championship? Thanks to the KHSAA, that will never happen again.

I'm a Trinity fan that will respectfully disagree with this premise. Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the other team championships are seeded to try to insure 1 and 2 opposite of each other are they? If other championships were seeded I would have more issues with this. I kind of like it when X and T meet before the championship game because they get to keep the profits. I am a little upset that with this alignment X and T can never meet for the championship but in the old days (and I'm old) of the JeffCo. vs. State-at-large champ they couldn't either. I'm more miffed that the Rocks may not get to shatter Bruin spirits on a regular basis anymore.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Butler driving past Manual, St.X and Male to play Seneca?

What is Seneca doing playing PRP, when literally every school in Jefferson County, regardless of alignment, is closer to them?

Why is Fern Creek in a district with Oldham County when Seneca and Southern are closer? For that matter, Fern Creek has three schools closer than their CLOSEST district opponent!

Look past T and X. This doesn't make sense for teams in Louisville. The KHSAA really screwed this up and produced a broken district map in Jefferson County.

Why is Butler driving past Manual, St.X and Male to play Seneca?

What is Seneca doing playing PRP, when literally every school in Jefferson County, regardless of alignment, is closer to them?

Why is Fern Creek in a district with Oldham County when Seneca and Southern are closer? For that matter, Fern Creek has three schools closer than their CLOSEST district opponent!

Look past T and X. This doesn't make sense for teams in Louisville. The KHSAA really screwed this up and produced a broken district map in Jefferson County.

You should make your map into its own thread. It seems that too many anti-Ts and Xs don't want to consider it in this one.

Again, I can't see how anyone could make a logical argument against your proposal.

Look, it comes down to T and X every year. If not the state game, then the regional. Im upset becasue the KHSAA did this to eliminate one from the state game permanently. That is all kinds of wrong. If I told my boss, I was going to make some changes that would potentially lose us about 200,000 every other year, I'd be looking for another job.

I don't think the KhSAA is going to lose 200,000 dollars a year. Besides this does not need to bea ll about money.

I'm a Trinity fan that will respectfully disagree with this premise. Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the other team championships are seeded to try to insure 1 and 2 opposite of each other are they? If other championships were seeded I would have more issues with this. I kind of like it when X and T meet before the championship game because they get to keep the profits. I am a little upset that with this alignment X and T can never meet for the championship but in the old days (and I'm old) of the JeffCo. vs. State-at-large champ they couldn't either. I'm more miffed that the Rocks may not get to shatter Bruin spirits on a regular basis anymore.

I'll agree with your disagreement here. That's the beauty of high-school (as opposed to professional and collegiate) athletics. For example, the blind draw is just one of the things that makes the Sweet 16 basketball tournament the event that it is.

I'm not at all convinced that the power brokers at the KHSAA should be trying to make assumptions about who the best two teams in each football class are; then giving them a (real or perceived) easy road.

Bowling Green must be jumping with joy that Highlands is now 4A.

Boyle County will now feel the pain with Highlands in 4A.

How about poor old Dunbar? Their program has been down for a few years and now they must drive to Hardin Co, Meade Co and Nelson Co for district games.

Dixie Heights is back up with the big boys. Can they hang in there?

I to am upset with that, and the Eagles as well.

Im going to say what many T and X fans already know. The KHSAA is anti T and X. They have been for years. They will be for years to come. Putting X and T in the same district, when CLEARLY it doesn't make geographical sense, is the only way to assure that one doesnt make the State Championship, thus allowing another public school to make it to the championship game to take home the runner up trophy. Kentucky football in general will suffer, and T and X will continue to thrive despite every effort made by the KHSAA governing body to stop them.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.

By putting Male and Manual in T and X's district, you now have made thier schedules more difficult than they already were. Since T and X play an out of state schedule that is off the charts (respect to Manual for thiers as well) you now are preparing the two schools for even bigger dominance.

Great job KHSAA, you continually shoot yourself in the foot because you dont like your shoes. Keep up the fantastic work!

Great post! :thumb:

No proof needed. Everyone in the state know how things go at St. X and Trinity. This is just a small step toward the right thing to do by the KHSAA. I sense some sour grapes because you will have to compete for a trip to the finals each year instead of your cruise control trip each season.

:rolleyes:

...one of the more solid arguments I've ever heard.

I don't think the KhSAA is going to lose 200,000 dollars a year. Besides this does not need to bea ll about money.

By moving Trinity and St. X out of the state game, the KHSAA will lose 200,000 every other year. T and X get to split the gate everytime they play except the state game, which the KHSAA gets gate. So in fact, they will lose money.

I'm confused by this argument. Do you truly believe that St. X v. Trinity will make more money played in Bowling Green than in Louisville? The reason I ask is that I believe that you will have more people go to Papa John's to watch St. X and Trinity in the regional championship than travel to Bowling Green to watch them play 3 weeks later. The game is still going to be played.

And unless I am wrong about playoff money, T & X will split the revenue for themselves which is my point. KHSAA doesn't reap their reward until the finals.

The True 6A State Championship game has been moved back from Bowling Green to Louisville's Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, and the date has been moved up a couple of weeks from the first week in December to the third week in November. At this time St. X., Trinity, Male, or Manual will be crowned as State Champion, with final confirmation coming two weeks later from the KHSAA. :ylsuper:

Now it's time to think about the biggest positive about this new alignment....MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....and how we are going to spend it all. :clap:

Ox, something we totally agree on! :thumb: