Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

Featured Replies

If I'm not mistaken that is an increase, I think currently only 18% don't make the playoffs. I'm not a 100% on that though.

 

 

why would it have changed? There are still 6 classes with 32 teams from each class making the playoffs. It really doesn't matter if the teams are in different classes now!

  • Replies 247
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very big victory for public schools in Kentucky. Hard to compete with private school money. The only way it will ever be truly correct is when private schools have their own playoffs. Not trying to get the public/private debate started again just stating the truth.

 

Is Highlands public or private? What about Central high school, in Louisville?

Why would it have changed? There are still 6 classes with 32 teams from each class making the playoffs. It really doesn't matter if the teams are in different classes now!

 

I think there are two newer schools that have been added to the mix, maybe three since we went to six classes.

I'm confused by this argument. Do you truly believe that St. X v. Trinity will make more money played in Bowling Green than in Louisville? The reason I ask is that I believe that you will have more people go to Papa John's to watch St. X and Trinity in the regional championship than travel to Bowling Green to watch them play 3 weeks later. The game is still going to be played.

Right, but last year in Bowling Green, it was 4.5% of the state's revenue. If they play before the finals, the schools split the gate.

Look at the KHSAA map. Seneca has to basically drive PAST Male to get to their other three district foes.

 

No they don't. Male is the furthest southwest of the three teams.

How many public schools do you know of that can offer financial assistance/tuition to out of district student athletes?

 

How many student athletes do St. X/Trinity have that transfered in from other school districts?

 

Bottom line is that public schools do not compete on a LEVEL playing field with private schools!!!

 

I agree the playing field is not level. T moved practices to 8:00am to beat the heat. Most publics practiced in the gym. T & X have off-season work-out regimens that are so time intensive it is like taking an additional class. But I digress. The biggest problem I would have if I were Ballard or PRP or Butler is that they will not have T or X (and their 2000+ fans at $5 each) showing up every other year. District allignment is overrated IMO - just keep winning and it doesn't matter one bit.

And I put the lack of better revenue from the football finals at the feet of the KHSAA. If they want it to generate more revenue they have to make it a bigger more entertaining event. It can be done.

 

HOW?????

Simon Kenton although they now have to travel benifits from the realignment...They have proven that their current district is no longer challenging to them and they have caught onto the vanilla schemes that they run year in and year out...SK will now face new schemes with better athletes which will prepare them more for the playoffs...Also dominating Lexington will spread the word of them becoming a powerhouse to a new area because in the next few years nky would have finally caught onto it anyways...Maybe the new district can give SK a chance to play their starters for an entire game!

Actually Lexington Christian and Danville are about two hours plus from Middlesboro and Leslie County. That's a long way for a district game.

 

That is awfully long. And you also have Bell Co. and Casey Co. in the same district 2 hrs + apart.

I think there are two newer schools that have been added to the mix, maybe three since we went to six classes.

 

Then the change is % playoffs teams is not related to recent alignment changes but to new schools!

Right, but last year in Bowling Green, it was 4.5% of the state's revenue. If they play before the finals, the schools split the gate.

 

However, alignment is not supposed to be based on gate. It is supposed to be based on class and geography.

Is Highlands public or private? What about Central high school, in Louisville?

 

Public. I believe Central is as well.

I think this actually gives the rest of the state 6A teams a better chance to get a title since they will only have to go through one of the two to win. It's a lot more likely to have an upset of either T or X in a one game scenario then to have to beat both of them in a season to get a championship.

 

How many times has that happened in the last ten years?

A few questions jumped into my mind.

 

Will either Eastern or Ballard continue their long standing rivalry with Trinity? My best guess is that Eastern will back down from the challange while Ballard (if their coach is allowed to decide) will continue the game with Trinity.

 

Will Male and/or Manual man up and play the Rocks at the JV and Frosh levels? I predict Manual will but Male will not.

 

How will Male and Manual react realizing that more years then not they will open the playoffs on the road?

 

This hurts just to type it but I agree wth Ox. :eek: :scared:. Trinity and X will now in more years the not split the gate from 2 games. Maybe indoor practice facilities for both are in the future. :clap: :lol: Wouldn't that make the public schools happy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.