KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

WOW! IMO all this did was 'waterdown' Class 5A making Class4A the strongest Class. Obviously District 4 in Class 6A is the strongest District and it seems a bit unfair to Simon Kenton to make them drive to Lexington so much. I guess 6 in district no. 6 too much.

You want to complain about something being unfair, try explaining that to teams like Danville or Middlesboro who will travel 2+ hours for a district game. Lexington is probably only 45 mins away from SK. Not that big of a deal IMO.

Holmes is further north than SK and they travel to Bourbon, Harrison, and Franklin Co for district games. You don't hear any of those fans complaining.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to complain about something being unfair, try explaining that to teams like Danville or Middlesboro who will travel 2+ hours for a district game. Lexington is probably only 45 mins away from SK. Not that big of a deal IMO.

Holmes is further north than SK and they travel to Bourbon, Harrison, and Franklin Co for district games. You don't hear any of those fans complaining.

I think Russell was the fly in the ointment that ruined everything for Danville and the like. Because Russell was there, they had to be in District 8, which pretty well meant Middlesboro and Leslie County could not be. Had they been able to, Somerset would have gone into District 3, Danville, LCA, Washington County, and Bardstown would have been District 7, and District 4 would have what was left.

WOW! IMO all this did was 'waterdown' Class 5A making Class4A the strongest Class. Obviously District 4 in Class 6A is the strongest District and it seems a bit unfair to Simon Kenton to make them drive to Lexington so much. I guess 6 in district no. 6 too much.

Bless SK's heart. Look at the new district Russell is in in 2A. Prestonsburg, Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley. At least your drive is straight and considerably shorter.

I'm sure not many, if anyone, will tell you that the KHSAA going to six classes was a good idea. But that's the hand, and what they've stressed is to give the best geographical situations possible to all schools. Some schools get unlucky, like Simon Kenton, or Russellville. But where possible, they have stressed that is their goal.

The problem is not in and of itself that Trinity and St. X are in the same district. Yes, there is some justification as they are relatively close to each other, as are all Louisville schools. It's what you can see they've done by additionally putting Manual and especially Male in the district, while leaving out a much closer school to Trinity in Ballard, and a school closer to both in Seneca. It's furthermore because the only "Louisville" district school outside Jefferson County is Oldham County, and being on the northwest side of the county, who are they closest to? Ballard, Eastern, and.... Fern Creek? Google Maps has not only Trinity as closer, but in fact has Seneca, Male, St. X, and Manual all closer than Fern Creek.

I realize a lot of it is going to be splitting hairs, it's just clear to me that they went against their supposed goals to make this happen. In a vacuum, it is not altogether unreasonable to have Trinity and St. X together, but it is when you look at the outside factors. There's a reason that the districts are the way they were in the previous alignment, and barely anything has changed in the Louisville area since then.

Which is the key sentence in your post. Again, all of your points are valid, but the way I look at it is shut up and play football.

IMO, the T and X fans that are complaining are doing so because one of those teams will have their amount of semi final and state finals appearance cut back because of this. If you're satisfied with finishing runner up or making the state semi's, then I can understand why you're upset, but either way you're going to have to beat one another for the state title so why does it matter when that game is??

Again, Newcath and Beechwood were 2 of the top 3 programs in the state in 1A during the 90's and early 2000's, but nobody complained about them being in the same district.

Covcath and Highlands were two of the state's best programs for a very long time for their class and they were in the same district but nobody complaied about that either.

Don't expect any of us to feel "sorry" for T and X being in the same district, regardless of how the geographical location says they should be paired up with other teams.

Could someone please help me understand the placement of Simon Kenton and Paul Laurence Dunbar???????????

SK plays in region 8 for basketball and baseball. Them driving to Scott co, Bryan Station, and Henry Clay isn't that big of a deal IMO. It's only about a 45 min drive.

Honestly, it would've made more sense for Campbell Co to be in a different district considering they're farther from Ryle, Boone, and Dixie than SK. SK has pretty much a straight shot to Ryle on 536.

I always thought the Sweet 16 was the cash cow for the KHSAA. Not football

Money is money and since the KHSAA doesn't make a penny on the rivalry during the regular season, they just eliminated this revenue period. As another poster said, the rest of the state teams will be playing for runner up every year versus every other year as it is set up now. I guess that's a victory in the KHSAA's opinion.

Money is money and since the KHSAA doesn't make a penny on the rivalry during the regular season, they just eliminated this revenue period. As another poster said, the rest of the state teams will be playing for runner up every year versus every other year as it is set up now. I guess that's a victory in the KHSAA's opinion.

Maybe we can revive the "state at-large" title.:lol:

Bless SK's heart. Look at the new district Russell is in in 2A. Prestonsburg, Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley. At least your drive is straight and considerably shorter.

Just give us a team to play every friday, we will be happy, no complaining here!:lol: