KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many public schools do you know of that can offer financial assistance/tuition to out of district student athletes?

How many student athletes do St. X/Trinity have that transfered in from other school districts?

Bottom line is that public schools do not compete on a LEVEL playing field with private schools!!!

Trinity's tuition is around $10,000 / year. At the most, you can qualify for half assistance. Now, I ask you, which is more, $5,000 / year, or free? Don't worry, I'll wait.

HOW?????

It has to be centrally located. No, I'm not against it being in Bowling Green, or Louisville, but the Sweet 16 is in the right location. The Football finals have to be, as close to the center of the state as possible. Two games per day, not three. Three is to many for most fans to sit though. Have two and let the fans take the evening off and have fun. More of a mini vacation like many fans do during the Sweet 16. They let school out for the Sweet 16, let it out for the football finals on Friday.

That's a start.

Male is further Southwest than Butler & PRP??? Might want to check the map again. Male belongs with PRP & Butler more than Seneca does.

OK, I was confused at what you were saying. I am going to love getting the additional money from us playing X in the playoffs, rather than the state getting it. BUT, the realignment wasn't down geographically. I would like to hear, how it was done.

It has to be centrally located. No, I'm not against it being in Bowling Green, or Louisville, but the Sweet 16 is in the right location. The Football finals have to be, as close to the center of the state as possible. Two games per day, not three. Three is to many for most fans to sit though. Have two and let the fans take the evening off and have fun. More of a mini vacation like many fans do during the Sweet 16. They let school out for the Sweet 16, let it out for the football finals on Friday.

That's a start.

I am fine with it in Lexington, but not until they get field turf.

Then the change is % playoffs teams is not related to recent alignment changes but to new schools!

OK, let me explain: I was being facetious. A member stated that only 20% did not made the playoffs, I stated, in a way, that that was much better then the old number of 18%. But in reality, there is little difference in 18% and 20%. See, isn't that funny.

Could someone please help me understand the placement of Simon Kenton and Paul Laurence Dunbar???????????

Where else would you put them? The state has decided that there are 8 4-team districts. It's the only place they could go.

I am fine with it in Lexington, but not until they get field turf.

I agree on both points. I'm really not saying it should be in this venue, or that venue, just that it has to be centrally located.