KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over three decades of interviewing football coaches, I've always been told by coaches I respect a lot that it doesn't matter what district you're in if you want to be the best. It only matters what district you're in (and who's in it) if you want something handed to you. So...whether you're in a stacked district or a weak one...

Play ball!

Couldn't agree more. And you will still see either T or X winning it every year.

Tell me, which of these make sense?

The new alignment?

[ATTACH]32561[/ATTACH]

Or this one?

[ATTACH]32560[/ATTACH]

This doesn't need to be an X-T issue. It's a common sense issue. The KHSAA had to really bend over backwards for this.

Your proposal makes sense to me. I'd like to see someone reasonably argue against it.

In sports, should it not be the best two teams, barring an upset, to meet for the championship? Thanks to the KHSAA, that will never happen again.

By that logic generally speaking in 4A Bell and Boyle shouldnt play until the finals every year. And Fort Campbell should have played Paducah Tighlman in the finals instead of before that last year. They are in the same city, so they should atleast be in the same region or on the same side to meet in the final 4.

As for X and T they are sharing 3,000 boys basically. No one else has that luxury. And more power to them for having that.

Tell me, which of these make sense?

The new alignment?

[ATTACH]32561[/ATTACH]

Or this one?

[ATTACH]32560[/ATTACH]

This doesn't need to be an X-T issue. It's a common sense issue. The KHSAA had to really bend over backwards for this.

Thank you ram...this is the point Im trying to make.

By that logic generally speaking in 4A Bell and Boyle shouldnt play until the finals every year. And Fort Campbell should have played Paducah Tighlman in the finals instead of before that last year. They are in the same city, so they should atleast be in the same region or on the same side to meet in the final 4.

As for X and T they are sharing 3,000 boys basically. No one else has that luxury. And more power to them for having that.

I understand the enrollment, this is why T and X play in the largest class. We do not, in fact, have 1500 kids playing football. Yes, the numbers are in the low 100's, and I understand that make look intimidating on paper, but out of those hundreds, how may actually see playing time?

NOBODY was complaining in the late 90's and 2000 when Male was year in and year out the best team in KY. Nobody complained about how they had said number of students. They loved it, and Male earned it.

There are MANY things wrong with the KHSAA...6 classes is absurd, the district realignment is absurd, I could go on..but I wont.

How many public schools do you know of that can offer financial assistance/tuition to out of district student athletes?

How many student athletes do St. X/Trinity have that transfered in from other school districts?

Bottom line is that public schools do not compete on a LEVEL playing field with private schools!!!

Quit crying, public schools. Highlands seems to be ok. Central seems to be ok. You are taking 2 schools and saying that every private school has the same access. What it comes down to is that often times, those private schools have instilled a discipline system in the hallways and homes that shines through on the football field, the one sport that requires absolute discipline.

Yes, and you're definitely upset.:cool:

Look, it comes down to T and X every year. If not the state game, then the regional. Im upset becasue the KHSAA did this to eliminate one from the state game permanently. That is all kinds of wrong. If I told my boss, I was going to make some changes that would potentially lose us about 200,000 every other year, I'd be looking for another job.