KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

The Scribe

Scribe ... I was just about to make the same point about the 6A super district. I think that is exactly what the KHSAA had in mind. They put together a district that is competitive that has teams similar in size and close geographically. I think it is splitting hairs to some extent to argue against the district. The schools in those three districts are all close enough geographically that you could align the districts a lot of different ways. I think the district ended up being an urban, large school, geographically close district.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another point that has faded to the background as the thread has gone on - I really don't understand the argument many are making against all the teams being in the playoffs. Why should football be different than almost all other sports? No teams are eliminated from the playoffs in the beloved basketball tournament. All teams get into the baseball tournament. In fact, is there a sport in Kentucky that eliminates teams from the post season based on regular season results? Why should football use the regular season to eliminate teams from the post season?

On another point that has faded to the background as the thread has gone on - I really don't understand the argument many are making against all the teams being in the playoffs. Why should football be different than almost all other sports? No teams are eliminated from the playoffs in the beloved basketball tournament. All teams get into the baseball tournament. In fact, is there a sport in Kentucky that eliminates teams from the post season based on regular season results? Why should football use the regular season to eliminate teams from the post season?

I did mention it twice.

Here's the real question?

I seem to remember the new commissioner Mr. Tackett - good start by the way commish! - talking about districts being the same across the board for sports.

So does this mean we can see Trinity, X, Male and Manual in the same basketball district? Or is that too sacred?

Cooper got put into an awesome situation. SK will be driving a lot.

But it's not an 2 hours like other schools so it doesn't matter apparently. Henry Clay and Bryant Station are both 1 hour and 15 minutes by bus and Scott County is an hours drive as well. So no team less than an hour away, although Ryle, Boone, Dixie and Campbell are all about 20 minutes away. I don't care about who SK plays but this allignment means that I won't make it to any of their away games as an hour drive is just too much when I'm having to leave work early as is when they play in NKY.

I'm not overly excited about playing in 2A next year, but LCA will have a chance to become even better. I don't think Raceland and Fairview will be too disappointed in seeing LCA replaced by Paintsville though. :)

First, when you are hinting at what you are, you need PROOF. It is against the rules to hint otherwise. Secondly, keep in mind, we're not looking to cruise control into the finals. We look to win the finals, doing so in 7 out of the last 9 seasons, beating Male (twice), St. Xavier (thrice), Ryle & Simon Kenton each once. Pretty sure we earned everything.

Bottom line is the Trinty and St.X supporters are upset that both schools will not be in the finals each year. Don't count on any sympathy from the "real" world when it comes to this subject.

Bottom line is the Trinty and St.X supporters are upset that both schools will not be in the finals each year. Don't count on any sympathy from the "real" world when it comes to this subject.

It changes nothing EROCK, please by all means, pay attention. It has been stated, that Tand X would face in the regional this year, like they did several times over the last 10 years. THAT MEANS NOTHING! You mistake my displeasure for X and T in the same district. Im not at all upset that one of us wont make the finals each year. Guess what, only one of us wins the whole thing anyway. I am simply stating this move was done to eliminate one of us from making the final. It changes nothing with our recent dominace. Trinity and St. X will now benifit financially because they split the gate at every game except the state.

Like I said, if you cant beat them.....

That is awfully long. And you also have Bell Co. and Casey Co. in the same district 2 hrs + apart.

Bell Co. will have some very long road trips for district games, I would say close to 2.5 hours to Casey and Wayne Co. by bus and close to two hours to McCreary Co.

It's kind of odd to think that Bell Co. is on the western side of the bracket when the county of Bell actually borders the state on the east.................

Why is Butler driving past Manual, St.X and Male to play Seneca?

What is Seneca doing playing PRP, when literally every school in Jefferson County, regardless of alignment, is closer to them?

Why is Fern Creek in a district with Oldham County when Seneca and Southern are closer? For that matter, Fern Creek has three schools closer than their CLOSEST district opponent!

Look past T and X. This doesn't make sense for teams in Louisville. The KHSAA really screwed this up and produced a broken district map in Jefferson County.

They screwed up Jefferson County, they screwed up the state.

Seneca has no rivalry with the south and west schools in Jefferson County. Eastern, Wagner were always considered the local rivals. (Seneca '80 grad)

As for out in the state. LexCath in the same district with Taylor County - only 1:39 minute drive according to Google maps. Dunbar completely miss aligned.

The concept of districts, regions and rivalries seems to have no place. If this is the best that could be done then this represents the complete failure of the 6 class system concept. Was there no one from Louisville or Lexington helping with this? Or is the same old good ol' boys from out in the state that made 4A better in 1987 when they did away with the Jefferson county and Statewide Champions?

Bowling Green must be jumping with joy that Highlands is now 4A.

Boyle County will now feel the pain with Highlands in 4A.

How about poor old Dunbar? Their program has been down for a few years and now they must drive to Hardin Co, Meade Co and Nelson Co for district games.

Dixie Heights is back up with the big boys. Can they hang in there?

I'm sure Boyle Co. is scared.:scared::rolleyes:

Bell Co. will have some very long road trips for district games, I would say close to 2.5 hours to Casey and Wayne Co. by bus and close to two hours to McCreary Co.

It's kind of odd to think that Bell Co. is on the western side of the bracket when the county of Bell actually borders the state on the east.................

They did a poor job IMO of looking at geography for some schools. I'm sure there were some politics involved that we may never know about.

Bellevue, Beechwood, Dayton and Ludlow....just like the good ole days, except these aren't the good ole days! The declining enrollment of the river schools doesn't allow them to compete every year like it used to be. Lets hope the development along the river helps those guys out.

Can't foresee many families with stud football players moving into the high $$ condos being developed along the river?? All this realignment does is assure more time for Beechwood's JV's in district play. Well that, and make a further joke of KY football, because virtually everyone makes the playoffs!!