Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tigercat

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tigercat

  1. What a great man and Coach. My condolences to the Trinity Family.
  2. Tigercat replied to a post in a topic in KY Football (High School)
    I graduated in 1966. Several of the Brothers we had previously taught at Flaget.
  3. Tigercat replied to a post in a topic in KY Football (High School)
    Good to see the Flaget group recognized. The generosity of the alumni is overwhelming. Having attended Saint X, I appreciate the recognition by the alumni of the Xavierian Brothers' influence on their lives. A great school simply done in by the changing of its primary base for students and the economics of the times. I always wondered what the future would have held for a Flaget move to the East End. If I have a disappointment, it would be for the loss of the Flaget alumni support to send their sons to Saint X based on the Xavierian connection. I do recognize that Saint X may have failed in not reaching out to the Flaget alumni earlier.
  4. I am a little surprised by this one, but Congrats to PRP. Great season T.
  5. Should have added Congrats to Seneca. It's been a long time since you got this far. Enjoy it.
  6. When something like this happens, a turnaround after an embarrassing loss, I wonder if the Tigers called the dogs off early and cleared the bench early, or did we leave the starters in a little longer than we should have. Anyone know?
  7. 2 points sounds like th UK-Georgetown matchup in the Final Four in Seattle.
  8. Huh? They gave up a score in 8 consecutive possessions and didn't score a FG the last 2:48.
  9. The last time we lost the three in a row at home I was a freshman at UK. It was the year following the Runts and we went 13-13, despite having 3 starters back, including Dampier and Riley, who slept in traction in Haggin Hall. I am trying to decide which game Cal is watching. He didn't want to break up the lineup because of the defense they were playing. This is the defense that was scored on for 8 consecutive possessions. We had a 35 point man on the bench who earlier had picked a guy clean and who had shot only 2 or 3 threes. We had no FGs the last 2:48. But no change? Even for the last shot? is no one on the bench even coaching either?
  10. This didn't surprise me as I figured Trinity had revenge on their mind after the LIT. Congrats. Like above, I look forward to Round 3.
  11. Where would Western be if they still had their transfers?
  12. Good comment on the officiating. If you can do better, go be one. It's an imperfect game. Nobody was screaming with the Tiger faithful about he "fumble/no fumble" call in the Manual FB game that factored in the playoff rotation. #### happens.
  13. I haven't seen this team but am happy to see that we have finally changed our style of play. I think Bergamini never felt he had the athletes to compete in a running/pressing offense, an opinion I have always disagreed with. The athletes have always been there. Kevin finally has realized that. I also think that continuing the style we played for years was going to continue to send the program downward as eventually those athletic kids weren't going to come the X to play.
  14. Wow. Sounds like a great high school game.
  15. (Positing under my Dad's handle) I played at X in the 90's (97 and 99 state champion teams), which is increasingly in the rearview mirror! However, I'm bringing my 10 year old daughter and 4 year old future Tiger son to Marshall Stadium tonight and am really excited to continue indoctrinating them in the great tradition of the rivalry. As a long secret admirer of Marshall Stadium, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to experience an X/T game in St. Matthews where we now live. I know it'll be an awesome environment, and hoping for a great game. Go Tigers!
  16. Where did the Johnson Kid go the middle school? Must have a pedigree to play QB at the T level as a Freshman?
  17. So maybe the self-proclamations of being unstoppable may be a little premature?
  18. It only takes one weak class to haunt a program for 2 or 3 years. Apparently that is an issue. A senior class has to meld with the junior class, and vice-versa. Most of the time a strong class can't pull it off by itself.
  19. Who led Saint X on either side of the ball?
  20. I did this for 20 years. I know I probably missed calls. That is why they are judgment calls. I knew my rules. Everyone should know the options on an inadvertent whistle. As someone said earlier, at least get off to the side and discuss the matter. When I officiated whoever threw the flag discussed the penalty and went over the options with the referee before it was presented to the captains. Every crew seemed to have that 'rules guy' who was another go to guy.
  21. What happened to the "running clock?"
  22. I feel your pain. This reminds me of our "Wolford Experiment." Frankly, I had never heard of Cobb before he was named Coach. Always thought it would be Coverdale.I had always heard our experiment was the result of Administrators and not the Athletic Department.
  23. My hat is off to both Trinity and Douglas for playing each other. Included here is Bryan Station. Just wasn't a fan of all the OOS games. And, finally, the Lexington schools are going west of Lexington.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.