Seneca 76 Saint Xavier 49 (7th Region Semifinal)

1 minute ago, tcjkbt said:

Sounds like the Tigers did not come to play-------not that they lost but the margin.

Yeah, they beat Seneca by 30 last game. If you don't come ready to play against 7th Region Player of the Year then this is what happens.

48 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Yeah, they beat Seneca by 30 last game. If you don't come ready to play against 7th Region Player of the Year then this is what happens.

57 point turnaround?  Yikes. 

• Like 1

Tough way to end the season for the Tigers. Looked disorganized, not mentally engaged, and thinking about Monday night from the tip. Return every player except 1 graduating senior next year so we’ll see what this does for that group moving forward. 

When something like this happens, a turnaround after an embarrassing loss, I wonder if the Tigers called the dogs off early and cleared the bench early, or did we leave the starters in a little longer than we should have. Anyone know?

14 minutes ago, Tigercat said:

Should have added Congrats to Seneca. It's been a long time since you got this far. Enjoy it.

First trip to the region finals since 1968.

The 1960s were the glory days for Seneca. After opening in the fall of 1958, Seneca made the region finals six times in eight years. The Redskins, as they were known at the time, won the region in 1961, 1963, 1964, and 1968 and lost in the finals in both 1962 and 1967. They'd also win state championships in 1963 and 1964.

• Like 1

Huge upset! Congrats to Seneca. I feel bad for my St. X friends, I'm sure they were stunned by this one. This may be the biggest upset in the Kentucky Regionals so far!  

QuelRon House had 31 pts and a triple double. I watched highlights and St. X defense was terrible. They haven't been a great defensive team all season but have over came that through great offense. If they have bad shooting night then they don't have defense to fall back on. 

• Like 1