Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Per capita, Tennessee has 2-1/2 times the number of cases that Kentucky does.

 

But, as of yesterday had 1 less death in absolute terms and even less deaths per capita since Tennessee has 50% more people.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Why do people buy in on totally unsubstantiated speculation that the virus was here in November and ignore facts? I want some proof. Someone please give me proof the virus was here in November. Facebook posts are not proof.

 

As you read through the below, keep in mind that there were no social distancing restrictions in place anywhere in the US in November-February. The virus would have free reign in the populace to multiply.

 

If it was here in November or December, why didn't it spread? We all have been watching the rapid spread and the deaths that follow within a month or so. Do you think if even just 2 or 3 people died in a hospital that did not have the flu, had rapid onset of respiratory problems and had an unidentifiable pneumonia that did not respond to treatment that a Dr. or nurse would not notice? Do they just watch people die and not question why or wonder if there is something else they could have done?

 

The CDC notified the medical community to be aware and on the lookout for CV19 in early January. Yet no case was confirmed in the US until late January.

 

If corona was here in the US on December 1 there is no way it would still be undetected on Feb. 1 as the heightened awareness was ramping up.

 

It’s a way of trivializing. Possibly a defense mechanism.

 

It’s here. It’s real. We better take care of ourselves and our loved ones.

But, as of yesterday had 1 less death in absolute terms and even less deaths per capita since Tennessee has 50% more people.

 

TN has 6+ million and KY has 4+ million. That doesn’t equal 50 %.

 

Joe Diffie equals 8. This will get worse for the Volunteer state.

Last post for the night...

 

If you know someone in the Chinese government or someone who supports the Chinese government, and they tell you 2+2=4, take that with a grain of salt. Check their math again and again and again.

 

And when you believe that what they told you is true, take that equation to a math professor and have them verify it.

 

And after they’ve verified it, you should still be skeptical...

 

Anyone who believes anything, as a truth that comes from China is beyond help.

But, as of yesterday had 1 less death in absolute terms and even less deaths per capita since Tennessee has 50% more people.

 

I am thinking fool's gold. It will be interesting watching their numbers over the next 2-3 weeks.

I am thinking fool's gold. It will be interesting watching their numbers over the next 2-3 weeks.

 

They have three semi-major metros to Kentucky's one - this seems to be hitting the major metros hardest. But to say Tennessee will look like NY is premature. Tennessee has fewer people than NYC. And they are not all packed into few square miles. Maybe no other locations will look like the impact at NYC/NJ/Philly corridor due to its unique high density population.

Country star Joe Diffie has died due to issues related the COVID-19.

 

Someone find a sturdy jukebox.

Country star Joe Diffie has died due to issues related the COVID-19.

 

Someone find a sturdy jukebox.

 

Tennessee death?

TN has 6+ million and KY has 4+ million. That doesn’t equal 50 %.

 

Joe Diffie equals 8. This will get worse for the Volunteer state.

 

 

4,000,000 x 1.5 = 6,000,000

Country star Joe Diffie has died due to issues related the COVID-19.

 

Someone find a sturdy jukebox.

 

John Prine tested positive on Thursday and was placed on a ventilator last night. He's currently in critical condition. With his past lung cancer battles and at 73, I would be shocked if he pulled through.

This is a much larger problem than they'e telling us. If we don't listen to the best doctors in the world we're gonna be in a world of caca, or kaka depending on how you pronounce it.

I've never said that we shouldn't be vigilant. Never said we shouldn't be washing our hands, and where possible social distancing, short of closing down our country.

 

I am saying that I think this should be being handled on a more localized basis, and I like the way Tennessee handled it, and dislike the way Ohio and Kentucky are handling it. .

In the past when absentee rates hit around 30% in our schools they closed down until the thing passed. Knowing the potential this thing has to spread, perhaps this time around 30% would be a high number. Were we to be in school here locally, our absentee numbers would still be at about 5% - normal, with NO COVID-19 related absences, OR absences just now beginning to result as an effect of this virus..

 

I also realize that China and Italy are red flags, and that we should be prepared to take drastic measures if necessary. Like Tennessee, I don't think that it has come to that - yet!!!

 

There were 65 death notices in the Cincinnati newspaper this morning. There are from 30 to 60 death notices in the paper everyday that are non-COVID-19 related.

I wholeheartedly blame the media and social media interaction for causing the paranoia and panic associated with this present day threat. In the old days, what we didn't know didn't hurt us. :)

 

I do think that folks are being overwhelmed by what appear to be large numbers associated with this thing, which in the grand scheme of things aren't that big at all - percentage of population.

 

Take solace in the fact that what I think doesn't alter how things are being done one iota. It's just an opinion. Give me credit for voicing it.

I’m confused on your school absentee rate issues. Let’s say a family is exposed and they don’t know it. So siblings Jenna Junior and Frankie Freshman are in school. They actually never get sick. But they are carriers. Well Jenna is in band, and plays the trumpet. Frankie plays basketball, and his team just won the region. The girl who sits next to Frankie in math class is a type 1 diabetic, she got it from Frankie and the doctors are worried. Jenna’s English teacher has been teaching for 30 years, and was looking forward to retirement. She is on a ventilator now. Several band members have a fever, one lives with his grandmother. Frankie’s team is on the bus traveling to Rupp. And several of them are getting sick. Meanwhile, Jenna Junior and Frankie Freshman never get it. They just spread it.

^^ Even I would agree that to wait for a 30% school absence rate would be totally foolhardy. BUT that's how it had been done in the past.

 

I very much still contend that we jumped the gun and have done all of the isolation things at least two weeks too soon.

 

I still contend that I don't have it. My neighbors don't have it, no one in my subdivision has it, and no one in most towns have it. So, my rational is that we've jumped through these hoops too soon. That will all change at some soon point in time. I will also agree that there is no perfect answer.

 

I was encouraged today that the stores seem to have rebounded from the initial onslaught, and that folks were still out enjoying the nice weather.

^^ Even I would agree that to wait for a 30% school absence rate would be totally foolhardy. BUT that's how it had been done in the past.

 

I very much still contend that we jumped the gun and have done all of the isolation things at least two weeks too soon.

 

I still contend that I don't have it. My neighbors don't have it, no one in my subdivision has it, and no one in most towns have it. So, my rational is that we've jumped through these hoops too soon. That will all change at some soon point in time. I will also agree that there is no perfect answer.

 

I was encouraged today that the stores seem to have rebounded from the initial onslaught, and that folks were still out enjoying the nice weather.

 

Do you and your neighbors live in a bubble (not counting the last two weeks)? You should be thankful for the healthy one you are in now. I know I am.

 

I don’t know where you live, but as I look up and down my socially distanced street, I see a wide variety of people who come in contact with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. Some travel quite a bit, several work in hospitals and doctors offices, some are retired, etc. We have blue collar to white collar workers here. Everybody spreads out to their work places, which can easily be anywhere in the tri state area. I know of two neighbors who routinely fly around the country and internationally for business. That’s thousands of casual contacts a day for one neighborhood. Every night we potentially bring those contacts home with us

 

If we didn’t shut things down imagine where you and your neighbors might have gone, how many more people you would each come into contact with. Given the long period of time people are contagious and the high rate of infection, do you really think your neighborhood would be healthy today without it?

 

I am thankful for being stuck in what appears to be a healthy bubble. We have infected people in our community who were not known to be infected two weeks ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.