Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

While I'm sure much has been done voluntarily, this is the first weekend that Tennessee restaurants are going to the drive-thru/carry-out option.

Tennessee has not participated with Ohio and Kentucky in the plus-two week shutdown, group restrictions and stay-at-home mandate that their neighbors to the north have experienced. It will be interesting to see how their numbers compare to ours as a result, in the long run.

The intent of my post was to point out some of the collateral damage caused by "shutdowns" which at this point appears to be way, way worse than the Rona in Tennessee. It was not an attempt to say the Tennessee response is better or worse than the Kentucky response. Simply put, suicide numbers are another number we should be tracking nationally and updating daily at this point.

I saw a couple of things today that indicate there are as many as 21 million cell phone customers in China that are no longer on the grid. There when this all started and poof, gone on the other side. That’s terrifying.

Terrifying for a whole lot of reasons.

I saw a couple of things today that indicate there are as many as 21 million cell phone customers in China that are no longer on the grid. There when this all started and poof, gone on the other side. That’s terrifying.

Terrifying for a whole lot of reasons.

I third the terrifying motion.

Yes, we know people weren't dying. If they were, it would have been noticed.

As to the months ago, that was intended for others who think the virus may have been in KY last year.

Millions of people die every year. Thousands from the flu. It would be easy to write some off as the flu when it was actually covid 19.

Do we know that people weren't dying? And to be clear you said months ago, I never did.

Yes, we know people weren't dying. If they were, it would have been noticed.

As to the months ago, that was intended for others who think the virus may have been in KY last year.

Millions of people die every year. Thousands from the flu. It would be easy to write some off as the flu when it was actually covid 19.

I agree there could have been deaths from COVID-19 late last year or earlier this year that were written off as the flu or an unknown respiratory virus.

Do we have any data that shows us the percentage of people who died in the last year while needing a ventilator? Do we have any data on coronavirus deaths while on a ventilator in the last month ?

That would tell us a lot.

I believe this disease may have been with us for longer than we know but the spike in need for ventilators gives me some doubt in that theory.

I also agree with the posters above that many people may have died from the coronavirus that were classified as some other condition.

It’s impossible to say someone died from something we didn’t know existed...

I also agree with the posters above that many people may have died from the coronavirus that were classified as some other condition.

It’s impossible to say someone died from something we didn’t know existed...

Correct.

To the best of our knowledge COVID-19 was first identified in Wuhan, China in November 2019. That means it was there before November 2019 and it was circulating around the world from November 2019 forward.

You keep dodging the question about what numbers would have to be for you to think we should be distancing.

I've never said that we shouldn't be vigilant. Never said we shouldn't be washing our hands, and where possible social distancing, short of closing down our country.

I am saying that I think this should be being handled on a more localized basis, and I like the way Tennessee handled it, and dislike the way Ohio and Kentucky are handling it. .

In the past when absentee rates hit around 30% in our schools they closed down until the thing passed. Knowing the potential this thing has to spread, perhaps this time around 30% would be a high number. Were we to be in school here locally, our absentee numbers would still be at about 5% - normal, with NO COVID-19 related absences, OR absences just now beginning to result as an effect of this virus..

I also realize that China and Italy are red flags, and that we should be prepared to take drastic measures if necessary. Like Tennessee, I don't think that it has come to that - yet!!!

There were 65 death notices in the Cincinnati newspaper this morning. There are from 30 to 60 death notices in the paper everyday that are non-COVID-19 related.

I wholeheartedly blame the media and social media interaction for causing the paranoia and panic associated with this present day threat. In the old days, what we didn't know didn't hurt us. :)

I do think that folks are being overwhelmed by what appear to be large numbers associated with this thing, which in the grand scheme of things aren't that big at all - percentage of population.

Take solace in the fact that what I think doesn't alter how things are being done one iota. It's just an opinion. Give me credit for voicing it.

I've never said that we shouldn't be vigilant. Never said we shouldn't be washing our hands, and where possible social distancing, short of closing down our country.

I am saying that I think this should be being handled on a more localized basis, and I like the way Tennessee handled it, and dislike the way Ohio and Kentucky are handling it. .

In the past when absentee rates hit around 30% in our schools they closed down until the thing passed. Knowing the potential this thing has to spread, perhaps this time around 30% would be a high number. Were we to be in school here locally, our absentee numbers would still be at about 5% - normal, with NO COVID-19 related absences, OR absences just now beginning to result as an effect of this virus..

I also realize that China and Italy are red flags, and that we should be prepared to take drastic measures if necessary. Like Tennessee, I don't think that it has come to that - yet!!!

There were 65 death notices in the Cincinnati newspaper this morning. There are from 30 to 60 death notices in the paper everyday that are non-COVID-19 related.

I wholeheartedly blame the media and social media interaction for causing the paranoia and panic associated with this present day threat. In the old days, what we didn't know didn't hurt us. :)

I do think that folks are being overwhelmed by what appear to be large numbers associated with this thing, which in the grand scheme of things aren't that big at all - percentage of population.

Take solace in the fact that what I think doesn't alter how things are being done one iota. It's just an opinion. Give me credit for voicing it.

I’ll ask again, what is the number, either of deaths or cases, that you think what has been done in OH and KY would be justified?

You can move to TN, btw. I’m sure you can find a Frisch’s there.

Just a disgusting take.

I really hope, for your sake, that when you’re laid up in a bed somewhere with something that could take your life, someone has the compassion for you that you lack for others.

Just wait a week. Corinavirus showed up in Tennessee a week after it did in New York. This is the scene around New York hospitals in the last two days. They literally have run out of room in their morgues and are using refrigerated tractor trailers.

EUTXTbMXYAQifpy.jpg

EUTbjncUcAAIg54.jpg