Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Really? This has hit primarily first world countries and grown 10 fold in one month. We aren’t close to a projected peak.

I can only imagine the toll in the poverty stricken portions of the world.

When it peaks in those poverty stricken places we likely won’t know much until after it has already ran through the country. No way they’ll have the resources to deal with it efficiently as well as give accurate details of what they are going through.

When it peaks in those poverty stricken places we likely won’t know much until after it has already ran through the country. No way they’ll have the resources to deal with it efficiently as well as give accurate details of what they are going through.

I agree with all that but most of them should be able to give a pretty accurate death count.

With no shutdowns or restrictions there is zero doubt in my mind that we would have over 100,000 deaths in the United States alone. Simple math tells us that. That is what you are seeing in those models. And the decrease in the number is the models with shutdowns and restrictions. Pick your poison.

With no shutdowns or restrictions there is zero doubt in my mind that we would have over 100,000 deaths in the United States alone.

Agreed. And keep in mind not everyone shut down. New Orleans is an emerging epicenter and Mississippi is doing as little as possible to prevent a bad Corona outbreak.

Bad day in New Jersey also.

Apparently one of the foremost prediction models in the UK just reduced their predicted deaths from 500k to 20k. So, half a million down to 20 thousand.

Didn’t the 500k projection change the UK’s early “herd immunity” strategy?

http://https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/experts-say-the-coronavirus-outlook-has-worsened-but-the-trajectory-is-still-unclear/

Projections all over the place, but as of few days ago an expert consensus had the US at 246,000 deaths.

I want to say that’s high, but I don’t know the way our cases have skyrocketed.

Apparently one of the foremost prediction models in the UK just reduced their predicted deaths from 500k to 20k. So, half a million down to 20 thousand.

It was the same guy that was responsible for the initial predictions released by the Imperial College, wasn't it?

Agreed. And keep in mind not everyone shut down. New Orleans is an emerging epicenter and Mississippi is doing as little as possible to prevent a bad Corona outbreak.

Bad day in New Jersey also.

Which is interesting. Does that all fall on failed leadership or do the citizens there have to take some responsibility? I'm just not sure that half of us are staying home all day if we aren't forced to. Most have seemed to buy into eventually, it's just taken some time. Just not sure if a state like KY get's to where we are now without being forced to.

On March 13th there were 125K confirmed Corona cases worldwide.

13 days later there are 530K cases worldwide.

The US had around 1200 confirmed cases on March 13th. Sports were pretty much canceled at this time.

Today the US has more confirmed Corona cases than anyone else in the world with 85K.

I read that up to 100K tests would be performed in the US today.

Didn’t the 500k projection change the UK’s early “herd immunity” strategy?

http://https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/experts-say-the-coronavirus-outlook-has-worsened-but-the-trajectory-is-still-unclear/

Projections all over the place, but as of few days ago an expert consensus had the US at 246,000 deaths.

I want to say that’s high, but I don’t know the way our cases have skyrocketed.

It was the same guy that was responsible for the initial predictions released by the Imperial College, wasn't it?

I don't know the details.