Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

I posted this in one of the other threads but I think it is worth mentioning here too:

 

Since many of us are posting some statistics I thought this was a good one to share, so far the amount of deaths worldwide attributed to COVID-19 is just over 23,000.

 

According to the the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) they estimate that the amount of deaths worldwide attributed to influenza each year is approximately 389,000.

 

Crazy ain’t it? And there’s actually a vaccine for the flu too. Imagine if there wasn’t a flu vaccine. How many would die then? There probably wouldn’t be enough doctors, nurses and hospitals to care for all of the sick people with the flu if not for the flu shot.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Crazy ain’t it? And there’s actually a vaccine for the flu too. Imagine if there wasn’t a flu vaccine. How many would die then? There probably wouldn’t be enough doctors, nurses and hospitals to care for all of the sick people with the flu if not for the flu shot.

 

In simple math you would double the number since generally speaking the "vaccine" is only about 50% effective.

In simple math you would double the number since generally speaking the "vaccine" is only about 50% effective.

 

Good deal. So then in 14-18 months we should be able to cut COVID-19 deaths in half, correct?

Good deal. So then in 14-18 months we should be able to cut COVID-19 deaths in half, correct?

 

A Covid-19 vaccine would likely be more effective since it doesn't seem to be mutating as rapidly as influenza does. That is one of the reasons why that vaccine is problematic, they are going after a moving target perpetually.

A Covid-19 vaccine would likely be more effective since it doesn't seem to be mutating as rapidly as influenza does. That is one of the reasons why that vaccine is problematic, they are going after a moving target perpetually.

 

Is it possible COVID-19 could mutate like that at some point? I understand this is a new phenomenon but I haven’t yet read any studies that give detail on possible COVID-19 mutations.

Good deal. So then in 14-18 months we should be able to cut COVID-19 deaths in half, correct?

 

I would say at least in half and that is a great deal.

Is it possible COVID-19 could mutate like that at some point? I understand this is a new phenomenon but I haven’t yet read any studies that give detail on possible COVID-19 mutations.

 

It had to mutate at least twice already to be transmissible between humans. Once to go from original host species to human and then again to eventual transfer from human to human. Even so from what I have read there have been no other mutations detected that I have found.

 

It is worth noting that not all viruses mutate at the same rate. Bear in mind that smallpox has been fully eradicated outside of the lab and polio would be gone as well were it not for the Taliban Karens (antivaxxers) in Afghanistan.

I pray we stay under that flu number, but mathematically I can’t see it.

 

1 month ago we were at 2500 or so deaths. Now 25k and not expected to peak until May.

 

I would be shocked if we go over 389k worldwide.

Kentucky officially has a COVID positive nursing home resident.

 

90 year old male in a Perry County nursing home. The individual has been removed from the premises.

I would be shocked if we go over 389k worldwide.

 

Really? This has hit primarily first world countries and grown 10 fold in one month. We aren’t close to a projected peak.

 

I can only imagine the toll in the poverty stricken portions of the world.

Really? This has hit primarily first world countries and grown 10 fold in one month. We aren’t close to a projected peak.

 

I can only imagine the toll in the poverty stricken portions of the world.

 

Really.

 

Let's both cross our fingers and hope that I am right.

Really? This has hit primarily first world countries and grown 10 fold in one month. We aren’t close to a projected peak.

 

I can only imagine the toll in the poverty stricken portions of the world.

 

Also from WorldOMeter in an article just published they claim 198 Countries and Territories around the world have reported a total of 525,783 confirmed cases of the coronavirus COVID-19 that originated from Wuhan, China, and a death toll of 23,714 deaths.

Is it possible COVID-19 could mutate like that at some point? I understand this is a new phenomenon but I haven’t yet read any studies that give detail on possible COVID-19 mutations.

 

I read some initial studies revealing that it doesn't mutate as often as other viruses.

We just passed China with over 14,000 new cases today.

We just passed China with over 14,000 new cases today.

 

Way to go America! We did it!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.