Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Older people refusing to social distance? I have not heard that.

 

I had read it in a few places, here we go.

 

Convincing Boomer Parents to Take the Coronavirus Seriously | The New Yorker

 

The frustration millennials have with older people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously - ABC News

 

Boomers Worry Least About COVID-19, Driving Millennial Children Mad - Rolling Stone

 

That's just the first page of results on google. I had seen it a few other places and on social media before googling it.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I had read it in a few places, here we go.

 

Convincing Boomer Parents to Take the Coronavirus Seriously | The New Yorker

 

The frustration millennials have with older people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously - ABC News

 

Boomers Worry Least About COVID-19, Driving Millennial Children Mad - Rolling Stone

 

That's just the first page of results on google. I had seen it a few other places and on social media before googling it.

 

I have a few friends around my age (45-55) that are still hold the belief that we shouldn't be shutting down because this is just a cold, and the flu kills way more people. At this point if people don't believe, I'm not sure what can be done to make them believe.

I have a few friends around my age (45-55) that are still hold the belief that we shouldn't be shutting down because this is just a cold, and the flu kills way more people. At this point if people don't believe, I'm not sure what can be done to make them believe.

 

Personal loss is the only thing that will change their mind.

I had read it in a few places, here we go.

 

Convincing Boomer Parents to Take the Coronavirus Seriously | The New Yorker

 

The frustration millennials have with older people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously - ABC News

 

Boomers Worry Least About COVID-19, Driving Millennial Children Mad - Rolling Stone

 

That's just the first page of results on google. I had seen it a few other places and on social media before googling it.

 

Hence, part of the reason some have nicknamed this virus "the boomer remover".

I have a few friends around my age (45-55) that are still hold the belief that we shouldn't be shutting down because this is just a cold, and the flu kills way more people. At this point if people don't believe, I'm not sure what can be done to make them believe.

 

Same here. Mostly Boomers.

 

Having said that, the Corona Virus party mentioned at Kentucky's daily press conference was filled with Millennials.

 

Stupid people either way.

My sister is one of the main caregivers for my dad, who lives alone. Her husband is a nurse anesthetist at the VA hospital. Since he is at risk, she realized that living with him also puts her at risk, and she could unknowingly pass it on to my dad. So last week she chose to go into quarantine with my dad, and away from her husband, so that she can continue to take care of him, and minimize his exposure. So grateful for my sister.

The CDC is updating their info on the number of COVID cases and deaths every day M-F at noon. As of yesterday the 54 reporting US territories (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands) had 33,404 cases and 400 total deaths. That number is expected to climb significantly as the availability of test results increases. There's a proportional jump in those numbers expected as soon as today, potentially.

 

Currently we have a 1.19% rate of mortality for patients testing COVID positive.

 

March 23 - 33,404 cases; 400 deaths; 1.19% mortality rate

March 24 - 44,183 cases; 544 deaths; 1.23% mortality rate

March 25 - 54,453 cases; 737 deaths; 1.35% mortality rate

Starting to hit home.

 

I now know people with CV-19.

The US now has nearly 61K confirmed cases of The Rona. Picked up over 5K new cases since midnight last night. Currently at 5797 new cases since midnight. 819 deaths. 39 new deaths since midnight.

Starting to hit home.

 

I now know people with CV-19.

 

Scary stuff. I hope they are able to recover fully.

Scary stuff. I hope they are able to recover fully.

 

Me too.

One is pretty young and should be fine. The others worry me.

Why? Were you already planning on doing that?

 

Was already planning on two. Got a good deal on the other two.

 

Ammo is going to be tough to get for several months, and it is not uncommon for MrsC and I to shoot 300-400 rounds a weekend. As long as they don't close our gun range, she'll shoot that much herself this weekend getting a feel for her Hellcat.

Was already planning on two. Got a good deal on the other two.

 

Ammo is going to be tough to get for several months, and it is not uncommon for MrsC and I to shoot 300-400 rounds a weekend. As long as they don't close our gun range, she'll shoot that much herself this weekend getting a feel for her Hellcat.

 

I wish I got out to shoot that much. I've got a couple really nice indoor ranges within 20 minutes of me, I just don't make it that often.

I was starting to get seriously upset about the posts referring us baby boomers as elderly...and then I did the math. :(

I wish I got out to shoot that much. I've got a couple really nice indoor ranges within 20 minutes of me, I just don't make it that often.

 

Indoor ranges are too pricey for me, i have to buy their ammo to shoot my rifles. Not gonna do that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.