Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Older people refusing to social distance? I have not heard that.

I had read it in a few places, here we go.

Convincing Boomer Parents to Take the Coronavirus Seriously | The New Yorker

The frustration millennials have with older people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously - ABC News

Boomers Worry Least About COVID-19, Driving Millennial Children Mad - Rolling Stone

That's just the first page of results on google. I had seen it a few other places and on social media before googling it.

The frustration millennials have with older people not taking coronavirus precautions seriously - ABC News

Boomers Worry Least About COVID-19, Driving Millennial Children Mad - Rolling Stone

That's just the first page of results on google. I had seen it a few other places and on social media before googling it.

I have a few friends around my age (45-55) that are still hold the belief that we shouldn't be shutting down because this is just a cold, and the flu kills way more people. At this point if people don't believe, I'm not sure what can be done to make them believe.

I have a few friends around my age (45-55) that are still hold the belief that we shouldn't be shutting down because this is just a cold, and the flu kills way more people. At this point if people don't believe, I'm not sure what can be done to make them believe.

Personal loss is the only thing that will change their mind.

Hence, part of the reason some have nicknamed this virus "the boomer remover".

Same here. Mostly Boomers.

Having said that, the Corona Virus party mentioned at Kentucky's daily press conference was filled with Millennials.

Stupid people either way.

My sister is one of the main caregivers for my dad, who lives alone. Her husband is a nurse anesthetist at the VA hospital. Since he is at risk, she realized that living with him also puts her at risk, and she could unknowingly pass it on to my dad. So last week she chose to go into quarantine with my dad, and away from her husband, so that she can continue to take care of him, and minimize his exposure. So grateful for my sister.

The CDC is updating their info on the number of COVID cases and deaths every day M-F at noon. As of yesterday the 54 reporting US territories (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands) had 33,404 cases and 400 total deaths. That number is expected to climb significantly as the availability of test results increases. There's a proportional jump in those numbers expected as soon as today, potentially.

Currently we have a 1.19% rate of mortality for patients testing COVID positive.

March 23 - 33,404 cases; 400 deaths; 1.19% mortality rate

March 24 - 44,183 cases; 544 deaths; 1.23% mortality rate

March 25 - 54,453 cases; 737 deaths; 1.35% mortality rate

Why? Were you already planning on doing that?

Was already planning on two. Got a good deal on the other two.

Ammo is going to be tough to get for several months, and it is not uncommon for MrsC and I to shoot 300-400 rounds a weekend. As long as they don't close our gun range, she'll shoot that much herself this weekend getting a feel for her Hellcat.

Was already planning on two. Got a good deal on the other two.

Ammo is going to be tough to get for several months, and it is not uncommon for MrsC and I to shoot 300-400 rounds a weekend. As long as they don't close our gun range, she'll shoot that much herself this weekend getting a feel for her Hellcat.

I wish I got out to shoot that much. I've got a couple really nice indoor ranges within 20 minutes of me, I just don't make it that often.

I wish I got out to shoot that much. I've got a couple really nice indoor ranges within 20 minutes of me, I just don't make it that often.

Indoor ranges are too pricey for me, i have to buy their ammo to shoot my rifles. Not gonna do that.