Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

One of my Aunts was told yesterday that she had the virus. They didn't test her but diagnosed her based on her symptoms. She has been symptomatic for 5 or 6 days. She was told to go home and stay hydrated, that it should pass in a week. She is approaching 70 but in relatively good health, hopefully it does blow over in a week.

We believe that probably two or three other family members may have been infected also, only one is showing minor symptoms.

Wife, daughter and I were planning on visiting everyone two weekends ago...but we stayed home as not to chance infecting them.

Dang, I'll keep them in my prayers, JD.

The CDC is updating their info on the number of COVID cases and deaths every day M-F at noon. As of yesterday the 54 reporting US territories (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands) had 33,404 cases and 400 total deaths. That number is expected to climb significantly as the availability of test results increases. There's a proportional jump in those numbers expected as soon as today, potentially.

Currently we have a 1.19% rate of mortality for patients testing COVID positive.

The CDC is updating their info on the number of COVID cases and deaths every day M-F at noon. As of yesterday the 54 reporting US territories (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands) had 33,404 cases and 400 total deaths. That number is expected to climb significantly as the availability of test results increases. There's a proportional jump in those numbers expected as soon as today, potentially.

Currently we have a 1.19% rate of mortality for patients testing COVID positive.

I’m interested to see what they report today. I have a website I have been using for live updates and I also get the John Hopkins email with global numbers as well. It’s always interesting to compare different sources numbers. They are usually pretty close to one another if not the exact same numbers, save for the live updating website.

I’m interested to see what they report today. I have a website I have been using for live updates and I also get the John Hopkins email with global numbers as well. It’s always interesting to compare different sources numbers. They are usually pretty close to one another if not the exact same numbers, save for the live updating website.

The CV counter website isn't reporting this in serious or critical condition. That doesn't feel right at all.

I'm gonna have to say I don't like the tone coming from some of the media that is suggesting we relax distancing, so the economy can start back up.

Those that don't learn from history are destined to repeat it. After the first round of the 1918 flu, there was a second spike in infections and deaths once people let up their guard.

I am still very keen on the malaria-fighting drugs. If they prove to be safe and effective, that would help on so many levels.

I also read a comment from an anesthesiologist to the effect that, since elective surgeries are verboten, the breathing equipment that would been used in those surgeries can now be used in virus treatment. But I'm sure the authorities have already thought of that, so that is probably not new good news.

From what I saw, I thought China had relaxed some and it spiked a back up some.

Those that don't learn from history are destined to repeat it. After the first round of the 1918 flu, there was a second spike in infections and deaths once people let up their guard.

No doubt numbers will increase when we move back to "normal". The focus of all this is managing it and not overwhelming our healthcare system. We can't wait till we are near zero new cases to return to normal. What is the number for when we start ending shutdowns and how fast do we return? How do we stage the business and school reopenings?

No doubt numbers will increase when we move back to "normal". The focus of all this is managing it and not overwhelming our healthcare system. We can't wait till we are near zero new cases to return to normal. What is the number for when we start ending shutdowns and how fast do we return? How do we stage the business and school reopenings?

Wow, we haven't even been under the so called lockdown for a day and we are already talking about getting back to normal. What am I missing ?

I like the idea of widespread testing for exposure (different from testing to see if you are infected). If you have antibodies to Corona, you can go back to work. Wonder how long it will take to be available to the general population.

This is a good question...I'm going to say that will be May or June at the earliest.

Dr. Oz was begging that that not happen earlier today.

What are other countries that were infected before the US doing? China, Japan and especially South Korea.

Dr. Oz was also strongly suggesting that America follow the South Korea model of a Government mandated application on your smart phone to track your every move and location.

Right from the Orwellian playbook.

Are golf courses open in OH and KY?

I just ran into (using social distancing of course) a friend of mine who sells seed, fertilizer and other lawn care products to golf courses. He said they have been very busy, because most courses are closed and they are using that time to work on the fairways. Going to be some beautiful courses this summer.