Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

That has been the word the last couple of days. I also heard a news report today that a doctor that services the rich said his patients were calling and nearly demanding scripts for these just in case they needed them at a later date.

Both of them are cheap drugs as well. I don’t think people should overreact, but as we know they will.

I know those in charge like good news, but I see several ramifications if we get too much preliminary unreliable info out: hoarding and side effects first and foremost.

I don't think there's much concern about side effects. The malaria drug has been used since the 40's. Z-packs have been around for a long time too.

Hoarding on the other hand. Let's just hope not.

An Israeli drug company is sending us 6 million doses of the malaria drug.

Israeli Company to Donate 6 Million Tablets of Drug to U.S. That Could Help Against Coronavirus

The Israeli pharmaceutical company Teva announced in a March 20 press release that it is donating more than 6 million tablets of a drug that could potentially treat coronavirus to the United States.

The 6 million tablets of hydroxychloroquine will be sent to the U.S. by March 31 and at least an additional 4 million tablets during April.

One of my Aunts was told yesterday that she had the virus. They didn't test her but diagnosed her based on her symptoms. She has been symptomatic for 5 or 6 days. She was told to go home and stay hydrated, that it should pass in a week. She is approaching 70 but in relatively good health, hopefully it does blow over in a week.

We believe that probably two or three other family members may have been infected also, only one is showing minor symptoms.

Wife, daughter and I were planning on visiting everyone two weekends ago...but we stayed home as not to chance infecting them.

What are other countries that were infected before the US doing? China, Japan and especially South Korea.

For starters they were following directions.

Didn’t China build a hospital specifically for The Rona once they knew how bad it could get?

They also appear to have treated and tested for it efficiently.

For starters they were following directions.

Didn’t China build a hospital specifically for The Rona once they knew how bad it could get?

They also appear to have treated and tested for it efficiently.

In Wuhan they built an entire hospital in 10 days that could support 1,000 patients. Used prefabricated units.

In Wuhan they built an entire hospital in 10 days that could support 1,000 patients. Used prefabricated units.

I thought it was in 10 days or something like that. I figured if I had said they built it in 10 days someone would have corrected me and told me it was actually 15 days. :lol2: