Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Kentucky will be following along with Ohio. Order goes in place tomorrow at 8pm.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Some hospitals in Cincy are running out of mask. There is a movement asking those who can sew to help out. Spread the word and usual social media for more details.

Starts tomorrow at 11:59pm, so essentially Tuesday. It's a somewhat relaxed order but it will certainly help. We have been told that we can still cross over into Ohio for work.

 

I’m having a hard time understanding exactly what is changing in Ohio and possibly Kentucky ?

 

Are we just giving what we are currently doing a name ?

 

Malls, gyms, etc are already closed...

 

What am I missing ?

I’m having a hard time understanding exactly what is changing in Ohio and possibly Kentucky ?

 

Are we just giving what we are currently doing a name ?

 

Malls, gyms, etc are already closed...

 

What am I missing ?

 

I feel like we were asked to stay home, now we are being told to stay home more sternly but yeah, basically not much changes for us that have been putting ourselves in lockdown.

I am bummed about the loss of supplemental income that I have, but seeing people you care about get laid off cause of this is gut wrenching.

 

I've been doing good with all this personally and trying to embrace the lockdown but man, its depressing at times.

Reports showing up that hydoxychloroquine (Malaria med) is working well after only a day or 2.

 

Update: A combination of Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin actually results in eliminating the virus in patients within days.

 

Actual 24 page study is here for those with medical background:

 

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19.pdf - Google Drive

I am bummed about the loss of supplemental income that I have, but seeing people you care about get laid off cause of this is gut wrenching.

 

I've been doing good with all this personally and trying to embrace the lockdown but man, its depressing at times.

 

I'm trying to figure out how long local governments are going to be able to pay their employees, particularly first responders. I think it will vary across the state but if weeks turn into months under these conditions, I just don't see how it can last. Now with that said, I'm not sure how declaring for a state of emergency can help but perhaps it does, maybe even at a federal level.

I’m having a hard time understanding exactly what is changing in Ohio and possibly Kentucky ?

 

Are we just giving what we are currently doing a name ?

 

Malls, gyms, etc are already closed...

 

What am I missing ?

 

In general I believe it's to force the few non essential retail establishments that haven't shut down to do so, which I know isn't that many. But likely the main reason is to keep more of the kids/young adults from going to friends houses, congregating in large groups or not practicing social distancing, etc.

 

Just yesterday I was driving past Central Park in Ashland, which is supposed to be closed but the playgrounds were packed. Imo, this is to stop things like that because people aren't listening, now it can be enforced by law enforcement.

Dow futures suggest another ugly opening on Wall Street. We will get thru this, but this might be the worst spring/summer we ever see.

I don’t understand asking those who can sew to make masks. A home made mask cannot possibly compare to the N95 which is specifically designed to filter out certain organisms. Health care workers need the real thing.

Dow futures suggest another ugly opening on Wall Street. We will get thru this, but this might be the worst spring/summer we ever see.

 

Yep. Looks like the help many were looking isn’t going to come as quickly as originally hoped. It’s going to get worse, and maybe a lot worse, before it get better. There are going to be very few who aren’t negatively impacted financially.

I don’t understand asking those who can sew to make masks. A home made mask cannot possibly compare to the N95 which is specifically designed to filter out certain organisms. Health care workers need the real thing.

 

In settings where facemasks are not available, HCP might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered PPE, since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face.”

 

I’ve seen the above as a last ditch effort. I’ve also seen hospitals providing material to use that’s been tested and is at least semi-effective. Desperate times, desperate measures.

I don’t understand asking those who can sew to make masks. A home made mask cannot possibly compare to the N95 which is specifically designed to filter out certain organisms. Health care workers need the real thing.

 

I'm on board with ya on that. What if the person that made it is sick?

Dow futures suggest another ugly opening on Wall Street. We will get thru this, but this might be the worst spring/summer we ever see.

 

Yep. Looks like the help many were looking isn’t going to come as quickly as originally hoped. It’s going to get worse, and maybe a lot worse, before it get better. There are going to be very few who aren’t negatively impacted financially.

 

Help will happen in the next day and the markets will respond positively.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.