Open Job: Nelson County

I think it will be hard to attract anyone to the district with all the drama around what to do with the schools and the mixed feelings towards the super intendent. It would be hard for a coach to commit to going to that environment I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, J. Peterman said:

I would say they have to wait to post the job. Reason you are not hearing anything. 

Job is posted, same day Coach Stockdale resigned.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:36 AM, BlueRaider said:

Which is unfortunate because Stockdale has built some positive momentum there not only with the football team but with school culture as well. 

Big hire for them. Stockdale did good things, reviving a program that used to always been very good. The right hire can keep it going (and maybe more depending on the Thomas Nelson situation), but the wrong hire in a situation such as this could drop them back to where they started. Definitely a job to keep eyes on...

Nelson County graduated almost all of their substantial starters from this past year.  And while Coach Stockdale certainly did a nice job changing some culture, it was basically two solid if unspectacular years that followed on the heels of struggling for the previous 15.  There will be no re-merger with Thomas Nelson in the foreseeable future and not sure talent-wise that it would aid even if they did. Add those facts to a toxic district situation where the Supe was terminated by the Board, the State BOE reversed that decision, and the Board has now appealed, makes for tough sledding for any outside hire.

Currently, the local rumor mill is discussing an inside hire, such as line and head wrestling coach Josh Conder or freshmen coach William Moore, to be a stop-gap for this season with the potential to lead to bigger things.