Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Diocese of Covington will be back in school Wednesday. Thank God! This is the best news and the best case scenario for the success of our children and our families. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

According to a New York Times article immunity to the Rona may last years:

Eight months after infection, most people who have recovered still have enough immune cells to fend off the virus and prevent illness, the new data show. A slow rate of decline in the short term suggests, happily, that these cells may persist in the body for a very, very long time to come.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html?fbclid=IwAR17EK62D-jSnu0f9CrvrwD7kunD7zceS8CA2AFqPhWlbqNE_Grrp2H4030

This study has not been peer reviewed or published in a scientific journal but any way you look at it this is good news. 

22 hours ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Diocese of Covington will be back in school Wednesday. Thank God! This is the best news and the best case scenario for the success of our children and our families. 

Never mind.....

On 11/27/2020 at 2:06 PM, Beechwoodfan said:

I see your point, but I do disagree.  The restaurants I have been to have bent backwards to be compliant.  Patrons have to wear masks anytime they aren’t seated, which I will agree isn’t the greatest.  Is there any statistical proof that closing restaurants significantly stops the spread?  Maybe there is, I just haven’t seen it. Meanwhile, businesses are going bankrupt, and people are losing their homes.

I agree.

I haven’t visited many, but all the restaurants around here seem to be very strict on wearing a mask until you’re seated.

Gas stations seem to be the main culprit IMO.

2 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

I agree.

I haven’t visited many, but all the restaurants around here seem to be very strict on wearing a mask until you’re seated.

Gas stations seem to be the main culprit IMO.

The family/friend gatherings are the main culprit right now. 

Restaurants are a big issue because people aren’t wearing masks 90% of the time they are in one. 

Saw on the news this morning a story about a California restaurant owner who spent $80,000 on open air outdoor seating.  She was shut down.  Next door was an almost identical open air outdoor eating area put up for the cast of a movie being made there.  It is allowed to stay open.

 

17 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Saw on the news this morning a story about a California restaurant owner who spent $80,000 on open air outdoor seating.  She was shut down.  Next door was an almost identical open air outdoor eating area put up for the cast of a movie being made there.  It is allowed to stay open.

 

I saw that this morning as well. We know some are not going to comply with the rules, that is fine. But for those that do, it is hard to see the double-standards in place for certain industries or businesses. The larger the business or more money behind the business, the more likely they are to remain functional and profit. It does not compute with people that a small family-owned cafe can be shut down, but Walmart is thriving more than ever. Of course this is how life has worked well before the pandemic, but it is now more pronounced.

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Of course this is how life has worked well before the pandemic, but it is now more pronounced.

Exactly. Nothing has changed, and COVID continues to be an issue of convenience. 

1 hour ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Saw on the news this morning a story about a California restaurant owner who spent $80,000 on open air outdoor seating.  She was shut down.  Next door was an almost identical open air outdoor eating area put up for the cast of a movie being made there.  It is allowed to stay open.

 

This is one of eleventy billion inconsistencies as it relates to COVID reaction.

Back at work for the first time in darn near a month.  My wife started showing symptoms about a week after I did, and tested positive as well.  Neither one of us really had a fever at any point in time, and thankfully, it never got into our lungs/chest.  Mainly seemed like a sinus infection...with one exception...the fatigue.

I have had zero energy through this whole thing.  Same with the wife.  She had been able to work from home, and did so last week.  Yesterday she went into the office for the first time, but said she "crashed" around noon, and ended up coming back home at 2.

Wife saw an article from the NKY health department that showed a study saying that the fatigue could last up to 10 weeks, regardless of how mild/severe your initial symptoms were.  Ugh.  Don't know if I'm looking forward to another month or two of feeling like this.

On the flip side, it's certainly better than being in a hospital bed right now.  I can easily see if you got it in the lungs/chest area, how this could turn to pneumonia in a snap.

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Back at work for the first time in darn near a month.  My wife started showing symptoms about a week after I did, and tested positive as well.  Neither one of us really had a fever at any point in time, and thankfully, it never got into our lungs/chest.  Mainly seemed like a sinus infection...with one exception...the fatigue.

I have had zero energy through this whole thing.  Same with the wife.  She had been able to work from home, and did so last week.  Yesterday she went into the office for the first time, but said she "crashed" around noon, and ended up coming back home at 2.

Wife saw an article from the NKY health department that showed a study saying that the fatigue could last up to 10 weeks, regardless of how mild/severe your initial symptoms were.  Ugh.  Don't know if I'm looking forward to another month or two of feeling like this.

On the flip side, it's certainly better than being in a hospital bed right now.  I can easily see if you got it in the lungs/chest area, how this could turn to pneumonia in a snap.

Same here on the energy levels.  I fell asleep during the UK game Sunday and was about dead the rest of the day.  Worked Monday from 8-5, and was home, asleep on my couch by 6.  Then in bed by 10 and slept 9 hours.  I'm usually accustomed to working 11-12 hours a day and I can barely stay awake that long right now. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Same here on the energy levels.  I fell asleep during the UK game Sunday and was about dead the rest of the day.  Worked Monday from 8-5, and was home, asleep on my couch by 6.  Then in bed by 10 and slept 9 hours.  I'm usually accustomed to working 11-12 hours a day and I can barely stay awake that long right now. 

It stinks, doesn't it?

Last Thursday I slept for over 11 hours, which even for me when I'm sick, is a long time.  I was up for 3 hours.  Walked to the bathroom, then to the kitchen for some breakfast, and back to the bedroom where I watched some TV.  Within 3 hours...I had fallen asleep AGAIN!

Saturday I fell asleep sitting upright in the computer chair.  And Sunday, I dozed off for 3 hours after the Bengals went off.  There has not been a single day that I haven't had at least one nap during the middle of the day.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:46 AM, Beechwoodfan said:

Saw on the news this morning a story about a California restaurant owner who spent $80,000 on open air outdoor seating.  She was shut down.  Next door was an almost identical open air outdoor eating area put up for the cast of a movie being made there.  It is allowed to stay open.

 

This one was hard to take and I really wish I could go there and spend some money. 

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Back at work for the first time in darn near a month.  My wife started showing symptoms about a week after I did, and tested positive as well.  Neither one of us really had a fever at any point in time, and thankfully, it never got into our lungs/chest.  Mainly seemed like a sinus infection...with one exception...the fatigue.

I have had zero energy through this whole thing.  Same with the wife.  She had been able to work from home, and did so last week.  Yesterday she went into the office for the first time, but said she "crashed" around noon, and ended up coming back home at 2.

Wife saw an article from the NKY health department that showed a study saying that the fatigue could last up to 10 weeks, regardless of how mild/severe your initial symptoms were.  Ugh.  Don't know if I'm looking forward to another month or two of feeling like this.

On the flip side, it's certainly better than being in a hospital bed right now.  I can easily see if you got it in the lungs/chest area, how this could turn to pneumonia in a snap.

This sounds very similar to my case.  Unfortunately, the wife had the overall body aches for over two weeks.  The running down of the batteries is still impacting her, like your wife's situation.  She will work a bit and lay down a bit (working from home). 

My son's girlfriend test positive after he did.  She said (and still says) she had no symptoms.  But we discussed this weekend she said - I had a bad head cold for a few days - but that was not COVID since I did not have fatigue issues.  So, it would seem the young may not suffer from the fatigue issues and thus consider themselves "asymptomatic" when they are not.  It seems my son had the mild version of what hit my wife.  GF seemed to have the mild version of what hit me.  It seems that there are two strains now. 

47 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

This sounds very similar to my case.  Unfortunately, the wife had the overall body aches for over two weeks.  The running down of the batteries is still impacting her, like your wife's situation.  She will work a bit and lay down a bit (working from home). 

My son's girlfriend test positive after he did.  She said (and still says) she had no symptoms.  But we discussed this weekend she said - I had a bad head cold for a few days - but that was not COVID since I did not have fatigue issues.  So, it would seem the young may not suffer from the fatigue issues and thus consider themselves "asymptomatic" when they are not.  It seems my son had the mild version of what hit my wife.  GF seemed to have the mild version of what hit me.  It seems that there are two strains now. 

I don't think different symptoms equal different strains. People's bodies just respond differently as the symptoms in your family shows.

I have a friend whose family all have it and they all show different levels of symptoms. Unfortunately, one family member passed away from it. Meanwhile a daughter in the same family had minor, cold like symptoms. I don't think that is different strains. It is different impact to each person. That is the insidious nature of this virus and is why we can't minimize the threat it poses.

Also I think it is a disservice to others for someone to say they had no symptoms. Good for you asking about more details.

I heard a Bengals coach on the radio last night. He had it and at first said he had no symptoms. Then he was asked more about it and he listed runny nose, temporary loss of smell, headache. Good job to the radio person for asking more and shame on that coach for minimizing. We are all still learning about this. We need people to be transparent and not act like this is nothing. The US is fast approaching 300,000 dead. No one should ignore that and act like this is nothing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.