Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I will be talking with the family this weekend about Thanksgiving. My thought right now is that anyone coming to Thanksgiving at our house has to be in a near quarantine status for at least a week before I'm letting them walk in the door.

We officially cancelled our today.  It's just not worth the chance with my parents especially after watching what is going on with our neighbors.  

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

New study out on where COVID cases are spreading says 80% of the cases can traced to:

- Full service sit down restaurants

- Gyms

- Hotels

- Cafes

- Religious organizations

- Limited service restaurants 

It sounds like everywhere people come together for extended periods of time.

I would think gyms would be number one and it wouldn't even be close. 

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

It sounds like everywhere people come together for extended periods of time.

I would think gyms would be number one and it wouldn't even be close. 

The common theme that I see in most of those is they are public places where people don't wear masks. No one ... NO ONE wants another shut down. The next step is going to be reducing capacities in these places. That is still not good but it is better than a shut down.

Personally, I will continue to order carry out versus eating in at restaurants. 

I will continue to attend church online.

• Like 2

Day 3 since positive testing (Thursday), day 4 of start of some level of symptoms. 

Things seem to have peaked on Friday with dry stuffiness.  Less stuffiness yesterday, slightly less today.  No fever - range has been 96.8 to 97.9.  O2 has been 97-100.  Feel good in the morning and drift to feeling worse as day goes on (this seems typical).  Sometimes feels like chills and think fever must be kicking in - but check and its in the range above. 

Half of others at gathering have tested positive and/or are having some symptoms though testing negative.  Nothing serious. Similar to what I describe above.  All are over 50.  No masks, but we were outside mostly and fairly well spread out, with the men separated from the women mostly as is usual.  There was common serving of food - from common serving pot and trays.  Played some corn-hole that everyone played in at some point.  So was it the corn-hole and everyone touching the bags?  Lack of masks?  Common food servings?  Combination?   Hard to say but just providing the raw facts. 

57 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Day 3 since positive testing (Thursday), day 4 of start of some level of symptoms. 

Things seem to have peaked on Friday with dry stuffiness.  Less stuffiness yesterday, slightly less today.  No fever - range has been 96.8 to 97.9.  O2 has been 97-100.  Feel good in the morning and drift to feeling worse as day goes on (this seems typical).  Sometimes feels like chills and think fever must be kicking in - but check and its in the range above. 

Half of others at gathering have tested positive and/or are having some symptoms though testing negative.  Nothing serious. Similar to what I describe above.  All are over 50.  No masks, but we were outside mostly and fairly well spread out, with the men separated from the women mostly as is usual.  There was common serving of food - from common serving pot and trays.  Played some corn-hole that everyone played in at some point.  So was it the corn-hole and everyone touching the bags?  Lack of masks?  Common food servings?  Combination?   Hard to say but just providing the raw facts. 

I very much appreciate you sharing. Prayers to you and all others fighting this battle. 

Stories like yours that I am hearing frequently now have caused me to cancel get togethers and I am leaning towards no Thanksgiving although we haven't officially canceled yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Glad to hear it sounds like you’re on the downhill side. Get some rest.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Doctor told us, and we found it to be true, that the symptoms tend to come and go.  Feel bad for a couple of days, feel good one day, feel bad the next day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Doctor told us, and we found it to be true, that the symptoms tend to come and go.  Feel bad for a couple of days, feel good one day, feel bad the next day. 

My boss, who is out west, caught it and seemed worse and it took him a couple of weeks to get through those ups and downs.  I am usually down 2-3 days and back at it.  So trying set expectations in my head that this will not be the case this time. 

BTW, he indicated the source may have been a restaurant dinner gathering.  Reflecting some of the posts above.  I hate raising that knowing the pressure on restaurants.  But its worth noting. 

1 minute ago, Bluegrasscard said:

My boss, who is out west, caught it and seemed worse and it took him a couple of weeks to get through those ups and downs.  I am usually down 2-3 days and back at it.  So trying set expectations in my head that this will not be the case this time. 

BTW, he indicated the source may have been a restaurant dinner gathering.  Reflecting some of the posts above.  I hate raising that knowing the pressure on restaurants.  But its worth noting. 

Most of the restaurants we've been to have done a really good job with abiding by the necessary precautions.  But you can't take away all the risks either.

We don't know where our daughter got it.  We think it was either school, a haunted attraction we went to the Saturday before, or church the Sunday before.  Hated it for the people she was in extended contact with because they had to quarantine too.  None of them showed symptoms, thankfully. 

Hope you can get on the other side of this quickly and healthy. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

That’s exactly what my neighbors mentioned. Feel decent one day and horrible the next. They said the consistent is the fatigue. They always feel exhausted.

Also, they’re saying the Independence area is really bad right now. All schools out here have gone virtual, except Whites Tower, and multiple restaurants closed today due to numerous staff being positive.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

That’s exactly what my neighbors mentioned. Feel decent one day and horrible the next. They said the consistent is the fatigue. They always feel exhausted.

Also, they’re saying the Independence area is really bad right now. All schools out here have gone virtual, except Whites Tower, and multiple restaurants closed today due to numerous staff being positive.

Body aches was the strongest symptom that my wife and daughter shared.  Wife had quite a bit of fatigue too.  Her symptoms came and went like crazy.

That's bad about Independence.  If restaurants are closing it can't be good. 

Beginning this Friday through December 13th, indoor family gatherings in Kentucky are limited to:

1) Individuals from no more than two households, and 2) no more than 8 total individuals.

Also beginning this Friday through December 13th, Kentucky bars and restaurants are closed to indoor dining. Outdoor dining, and delivery or takeout/to-go service is still permitted.

6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Beginning this Friday through December 13th, indoor family gatherings in Kentucky are limited to:

1) Individuals from no more than two households, and 2) no more than 8 total individuals.

Also beginning this Friday through December 13th, Kentucky bars and restaurants are closed to indoor dining. Outdoor dining, and delivery or takeout/to-go service is still permitted.

Add to this, middle and high schools must go virtual until Jan 4th.  Elementary may go back Dec 7th if not in red.

• Like 1