Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I feel so bad for restaurants and bars that have been forced to close. The restaurants I have been to did a great job adjusting to COVID rules.  It seems so random to pick those businesses over others for closure.  

What others do you think should be closed?

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I feel so bad for restaurants and bars that have been forced to close. The restaurants I have been to did a great job adjusting to COVID rules.  It seems so random to pick those businesses over others for closure.  

I think businesses that are primarily restaurants should be allowed to stay open.  Unfortunately it's hard to differentiate between restaurants that serve alcohol and bars that serve food.  By their nature, it's almost impossible for bars to adhere to Covid regulations.  Once you start drinking you get louder, closer, more free with contact, etc.  I'm not pointing fingers, I do this myself.  Don't know what the solution is for bars but I think those are about the only businesses that really can't abide by the regulations.  

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

What others do you think should be closed?

At this point, I don’t think any businesses should be forced to close. We know what to do to protect ourselves as best we can.  I don’t think restaurants should be singled out.

6 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

At this point, I don’t think any businesses should be forced to close. We know what to do to protect ourselves as best we can.  I don’t think restaurants should be singled out.

That's where I'm at.  People are still going to get together and eat. I think they're more likely to follow the recommended guidelines at a public business compared to the privacy of someone's home, in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

At this point, I don’t think any businesses should be forced to close. We know what to do to protect ourselves as best we can.  I don’t think restaurants should be singled out.

The problem is people aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing to protect themselves and others. Restaurants are one place where people aren't wearing masks at all. It makes perfect sense, IMO. 

Don't do karaoke for sure.

1 minute ago, tcjkbt said:

Don't do karaoke for sure.

I have watched it with mic covers and extreme social distancing, it didn't seem dangerous.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, Beechwoodfan said:

I feel really bad.  I usually have 20 plus at my home for Thanksgiving.  We are down to ten now.  Still, too many risk factors for my 91 year old dad to come.  It is probably his last Thanksgiving.  He sits alone not wanting to take the risk.  I am afraid I will kill him if he comes over.  Yet, he is so depressed being alone.  Drives me nuts with guilt no matter what!

This one breaks my heart, I am sorry Beechwoodfan. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

The problem is people aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing to protect themselves and others. Restaurants are one place where people aren't wearing masks at all. It makes perfect sense, IMO. 

I see your point, but I do disagree.  The restaurants I have been to have bent backwards to be compliant.  Patrons have to wear masks anytime they aren’t seated, which I will agree isn’t the greatest.  Is there any statistical proof that closing restaurants significantly stops the spread?  Maybe there is, I just haven’t seen it. Meanwhile, businesses are going bankrupt, and people are losing their homes.

2 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I see your point, but I do disagree.  The restaurants I have been to have bent backwards to be compliant.  Patrons have to wear masks anytime they aren’t seated, which I will agree isn’t the greatest.  Is there any statistical proof that closing restaurants significantly stops the spread?  Maybe there is, I just haven’t seen it. Meanwhile, businesses are going bankrupt, and people are losing their homes.

Not to mention all the mental health implications. 

9 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I see your point, but I do disagree.  The restaurants I have been to have bent backwards to be compliant.  Patrons have to wear masks anytime they aren’t seated, which I will agree isn’t the greatest.  Is there any statistical proof that closing restaurants significantly stops the spread?  Maybe there is, I just haven’t seen it. Meanwhile, businesses are going bankrupt, and people are losing their homes.

To be clear, I wasn't blaming the restaurants. They are doing what's been asked of them. The issue is that people, outside of restaurants, aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing in regards to wearing masks. Then they come into a restaurant where they won't wear a masking 90% of the time and you can see how that becomes an issue. 

It's definitely not ideal for those folks, but it is what it is. If people want us to be able to eat in restaurants, they are actually going to have to do their part outside restaurants to help. 

The owner of four restaurants/ bars (including The Senate) in Cincinnati closed by his own choice till February. He said he was fed up with people not wearing masks, didn't want to fight that battle any longer and wanted to protect his employees who have done a great job following the guidelines. 

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The owner of four restaurants/ bars (including The Senate) in Cincinnati closed by his own choice till February. He said he was fed up with people not wearing masks, didn't want to fight that battle any longer and wanted to protect his employees who have done a great job following the guidelines. 

Sounds like a rich guy that can afford to do it, we all should be so lucky. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Sounds like a rich guy that can afford to do it, we all should be so lucky. 

If he is like most rich guys, they always want more. I don't think he wanted to close, do you?

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

If he is like most rich guys, they always want more. I don't think he wanted to close, do you?

Of course not but rich guys (unlike non-rich guys and girls) can afford to close. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.