Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

28 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think different symptoms equal different strains. People's bodies just respond differently as the symptoms in your family shows.

I have a friend whose family all have it and they all show different levels of symptoms. Unfortunately, one family member passed away from it. Meanwhile a daughter in the same family had minor, cold like symptoms. I don't think that is different strains. It is different impact to each person. That is the insidious nature of this virus and is why we can't minimize the threat it poses.

Also I think it is a disservice to others for someone to say they had no symptoms. Good for you asking about more details.

I heard a Bengals coach on the radio last night. He had it and at first said he had no symptoms. Then he was asked more about it and he listed runny nose, temporary loss of smell, headache. Good job to the radio person for asking more and shame on that coach for minimizing. We are all still learning about this. We need people to be transparent and not act like this is nothing. The US is fast approaching 300,000 dead. No one should ignore that and act like this is nothing.

That is part of our new "Cloak and Dagger" normal. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

The first doses of the vaccine are being administered as we speak at UofL Hospital. 

Listening to the Today Show this morning, the anticipation is once these extra companies get authorization, the feeling is the vaccine will be readily available like a flu shot (eg. at pharmacies) by the end of February.

Just now, bugatti said:

Listening to the Today Show this morning, the anticipation is once these extra companies get authorization, the feeling is the vaccine will be readily available like a flu shot (eg. at pharmacies) by the end of February.

Yep. Moderna is just days away from approval as well. 

I know the numbers are bad now, but I am remaining optimistic that once this first round is complete, the death numbers should start to quickly dissipate.

Did the surge from Thanksgiving come or not in Kentucky?   I'm not following it really closely but it seems that it did not.

Remember early in the COVID crisis when people scoffed at the death total predictions from COVID? Today the US is at about 417,000 deaths. That is in 10 months with shutdowns, masking, etc.  It is hard to imagine what the death totals would be without the various restrictions. For perspective, the US lost 405,000 in WW2 over four years. 

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

I would love to know (and never will) the true number of people infected.  We test like crazy at the hospital where I work and I am amazed at the number of asymptomatic positive patients. I also know so many friends and family who were never tested but had mild to moderate symptoms.  I am so very glad that the vaccine is here.

1 minute ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I would love to know (and never will) the true number of people infected.  We test like crazy at the hospital where I work and I am amazed at the number of asymptomatic positive patients. I also know so many friends and family who were never tested but had mild to moderate symptoms.  I am so very glad that the vaccine is here.

I agree, between everyone already infected and the vaccine life should be pretty normal by summer. 

6 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree, between everyone already infected and the vaccine life should be pretty normal by summer. 

I think we are closer to herd immunity than many think.

3 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I think we are closer to herd immunity than many think.

I think we would find differently if we took away the masks and went back to business as usual. 

15 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I think we are closer to herd immunity than many think.

I agree.

48 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I think we are closer to herd immunity than many think.

I agree also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.