Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

28 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think different symptoms equal different strains. People's bodies just respond differently as the symptoms in your family shows.

I have a friend whose family all have it and they all show different levels of symptoms. Unfortunately, one family member passed away from it. Meanwhile a daughter in the same family had minor, cold like symptoms. I don't think that is different strains. It is different impact to each person. That is the insidious nature of this virus and is why we can't minimize the threat it poses.

Also I think it is a disservice to others for someone to say they had no symptoms. Good for you asking about more details.

I heard a Bengals coach on the radio last night. He had it and at first said he had no symptoms. Then he was asked more about it and he listed runny nose, temporary loss of smell, headache. Good job to the radio person for asking more and shame on that coach for minimizing. We are all still learning about this. We need people to be transparent and not act like this is nothing. The US is fast approaching 300,000 dead. No one should ignore that and act like this is nothing.

That is part of our new "Cloak and Dagger" normal. 

Just now, bugatti said:

Listening to the Today Show this morning, the anticipation is once these extra companies get authorization, the feeling is the vaccine will be readily available like a flu shot (eg. at pharmacies) by the end of February.

Yep. Moderna is just days away from approval as well. 

• 1 month later...

Remember early in the COVID crisis when people scoffed at the death total predictions from COVID? Today the US is at about 417,000 deaths. That is in 10 months with shutdowns, masking, etc.  It is hard to imagine what the death totals would be without the various restrictions. For perspective, the US lost 405,000 in WW2 over four years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

I would love to know (and never will) the true number of people infected.  We test like crazy at the hospital where I work and I am amazed at the number of asymptomatic positive patients. I also know so many friends and family who were never tested but had mild to moderate symptoms.  I am so very glad that the vaccine is here.

1 minute ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I would love to know (and never will) the true number of people infected.  We test like crazy at the hospital where I work and I am amazed at the number of asymptomatic positive patients. I also know so many friends and family who were never tested but had mild to moderate symptoms.  I am so very glad that the vaccine is here.

I agree, between everyone already infected and the vaccine life should be pretty normal by summer.