Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Results came back positive for Covid.  Still doing pretty good, fever has been gone since late Sunday.  I'm just glad I skipped work yesterday and today to get a test and wait for the results.  Would have hated to take it to work and give it to others right before the holidays.  

 

 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

In my area, the testing rate has increased dramatically in the past few weeks, leading to dramatically more positive cases, yet the positive case to test ratio remains around 13% and the death to positive case ration has dropped below 2% again.

8 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Results came back positive for Covid.  Still doing pretty good, fever has been gone since late Sunday.  I'm just glad I skipped work yesterday and today to get a test and wait for the results.  Would have hated to take it to work and give it to others right before the holidays.  

 

 

Glad to hear symptoms are minor for you. Prayers that continues and you have a full and speedy recovery. I am sure your coworkers and their families are thankful for your thoughtful handling of your situation.

48 minutes ago, swamprat said:

In my area, the testing rate has increased dramatically in the past few weeks, leading to dramatically more positive cases, yet the positive case to test ratio remains around 13% and the death to positive case ration has dropped below 2% again.

Dramatically increased tests with positives staying at 13% equals dramatically increasing cases and lower death ratio. The concern there is what will deaths and death ratio do in the coming weeks as a result of all these new cases.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Dramatically increased tests with positives staying at 13% equals dramatically increasing cases and lower death ratio. The concern there is what will deaths and death ratio do in the coming weeks as a result of all these new cases.

The numbers from late June and the month of July eschew the ratios upward. 

Yesterday, Florida performed 108,000 + tests with 8,000 coming up positive. 7.4% rate. Unlike the numbers you and CWB reported, as of yesterday, the hospitalization numbers down here in the Tampa Bay area show a little over 9% of available beds (13,000+) in Tampa Bay are filled with Covid patients ( approx. 1,235) and only 12% ( approx. 148) of those patients are in ICUs and only 3% of those in ICU are on ventilators (approx. 5). The survival rate is currently over 99%. I do not know the infection number of staffs in the area. I do know that ICU and ER nurses have been hit hard by the virus, but it has been getting better. 

Florida has performed over 7 million tests and is averaging around 100,000 a day. Back in June and July they were testing less than half that many a day and the positive ratio per day was broaching 20%. The death toll ratio has not increased during that time. The survival rate has. 

 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Glad to hear symptoms are minor for you. Prayers that continues and you have a full and speedy recovery. I am sure your coworkers and their families are thankful for your thoughtful handling of your situation.

Thanks VOR.  One of the weirder side effects that I've read about some places and feel like I've experienced, is "brain fog".   Which i guess could just be due to fatigue.  

 

In the days leading up to getting tested, I noticed I would sometimes miss pronounce stuff or even leave out words.  At one point I called to ask someone about an address, gave the street number and apartment number but completely forgot to say the street name.  Another time, I asked a maintenance man at a nearby property if he had "soon the damage behind the house", when I meant to ask if he had seen the damage.  I was having a hard time remembering where I would put stuff as well, especially if it was something new that I didn't typically have a known location for the item. 

 

Again my symptoms have been minor but it's weird how the virus or perhaps fatigue from the virus can have a cognitive impact.  

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

Thanks VOR.  One of the weirder side effects that I've read about some places and feel like I've experienced, is "brain fog".   Which i guess could just be due to fatigue.  

 

In the days leading up to getting tested, I noticed I would sometimes miss pronounce stuff or even leave out words.  At one point I called to ask someone about an address, gave the street number and apartment number but completely forgot to say the street name.  Another time, I asked a maintenance man at a nearby property if he had "soon the damage behind the house", when I meant to ask if he had seen the samage.  I was having a hard time remembering where I put stuff as well.

 

Again my symptoms have been minor but it's weird how the virus or perhaps fatigue from the virus can have a cognitive impact.  

I hear ya on samage! ?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I hear ya on samage! ?

I think that might just be my phone keyboard abilities on display there.  Or I'm getting hungry.... 

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

I think that might just be my phone keyboard abilities on display there.  Or I'm getting hungry.... 

As @mcpapa once told me, he is always hungry.

Are you getting plenty of time off to rest up?

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

As @mcpapa once told me, he is always hungry.

Are you getting plenty of time off to rest up?

Yes plenty of time to recoop, as no one in the office wants it.  I was only supposed to work a day and a half this week anyways, so that helps. 

 

I feel bad for my girl friend though.  Since she lives with me, my positive test result means she has to quarantine until December 10th.  This is her 3rd time having to do this in the past month and a half.  Each time her hospital employer does this, she has to use up her own sick/vacation time.  Just doesn't seem right to me.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Yes plenty of time to recoop, as no one in the office wants it.  I was only supposed to work a day and a half this week anyways, so that helps. 

 

I feel bad for my girl friend though.  Since she lives with me, my positive test result means she has to quarantine until December 10th.  This is her 3rd time having to do this in the past month and a half.  Each her hospital employer does this, she has to use up her own sick/vacation time.  Just doesn't seem right to me.  

That is way wrong, especially from a health care provider...

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

That is way wrong, especially from a health care provider...

That's what I've said as well.  Last time she even went and got a test, it came back negative and she STILL had to wait another 10 days.  Simply because she was in a WORK REQUIRED CLASS, in which she sat next to someone who tested positive and she shared a car with that person for lunch.

 

Now she is stressing about whether she is going to have enough vacation time for us to take a trip this summer thats already paid for.

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

That's what I've said as well.  Last time she even went and got a test, it came back negative and she STILL had to wait another 10 days.  Simply because she was in a WORK REQUIRED CLASS, in which she sat next to someone who tested positive and she shared a car with that person for lunch.

 

Now she is stressing about whether she is going to have enough vacation time for us to take a trip this summer thats already paid for.

Despicable but par for the course for first responders.

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Despicable but par for the course for first responders.

Just sad, because in a profession that trust is so important.  It makes telling the truth that much harder.  I couldn't imagine how hard that would be for families living pay check to pay check. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Just sad, because in a profession that trust is so important.  It makes telling the truth that much harder.  I couldn't imagine how hard that would be for families living pay check to pay check. 

Right, essentially this type of behavior teaches the employees to lie and that isn't good for anyone. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.