Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

I’ve now seen how quickly it spreads. 3 households (all family) met to watch a football game 2 weekends ago. Everyone was fine the day of the game. 1 started feeling ill the next day and tested posted. 6 of the 10 people have now tested positive with 1 in the hospital.

I hope everyone is okay.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Junior Parker tested positive a couple of weeks ago.  Today we were released from quarantine.  She had a 102 fever the night before she was tested, then had congestion for about a week.  Only remaining issue is that she can't taste or smell anything.  Garlic bread, sour candy, flaming hot cheetos...can't taste any of it.

Mrs. Parker had symptoms but tested negative.  It was a rapid test, though, and she was told to get a regular test in a couple of days.  As instructed, she called urgent care to get the regular test and she was told it would be stupid to get tested after just testing negative, even though she had severe body aches and congestion.  Even though those were the doctor's orders.  So the two medical sources she went to were not on the same page, which was comforting. LOL 

I haven't had any symptoms thus far.  Quarantine was not fun for me, but Junior Parker loved it.  Family, friends, and neighbors really helped us out during it all.

It's definitely spreading, but I don't have the greatest confidence in the whole thing.  Some of that is understandable because we're learning more about this every day.  Some of it is concerning because the medical folks aren't all on the same page. 

45 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Junior Parker tested positive a couple of weeks ago.  Today we were released from quarantine.  She had a 102 fever the night before she was tested, then had congestion for about a week.  Only remaining issue is that she can't taste or smell anything.  Garlic bread, sour candy, flaming hot cheetos...can't taste any of it.

Mrs. Parker had symptoms but tested negative.  It was a rapid test, though, and she was told to get a regular test in a couple of days.  As instructed, she called urgent care to get the regular test and she was told it would be stupid to get tested after just testing negative, even though she had severe body aches and congestion.  Even though those were the doctor's orders.  So the two medical sources she went to were not on the same page, which was comforting. LOL 

I haven't had any symptoms thus far.  Quarantine was not fun for me, but Junior Parker loved it.  Family, friends, and neighbors really helped us out during it all.

It's definitely spreading, but I don't have the greatest confidence in the whole thing.  Some of that is understandable because we're learning more about this every day.  Some of it is concerning because the medical folks aren't all on the same page. 

I am glad Junior Parker is okay and wow on Mrs. Parker running up against that kind of resistance. 

38 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am glad Junior Parker is okay and wow on Mrs. Parker running up against that kind of resistance. 

We were surprised by it, but she secretly liked it.  She's not a fan of getting tested for a third time.  LOL 

I join the ranks of the positive this morning. 

Wife is negative.  We were at small (4 couples) outside gathering this weekend.   One wife had symptoms a few days later.  Another (different) husband did insta-test and was positive.  We did UK drive through yesterday.  

Only symptom is allergy like snuffle.  No fever or cough. 

 

34 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

I join the ranks of the positive this morning. 

Wife is negative.  We were at small (4 couples) outside gathering this weekend.   One wife had symptoms a few days later.  Another (different) husband did insta-test and was positive.  We did UK drive through yesterday.  

Only symptom is allergy like snuffle.  No fever or cough. 

 

Any masks in the crowd or nah?

45 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Any masks in the crowd or nah?

For the record - no. 

6 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

For the record - no. 

I figured as much. 

Here's to hoping your symptoms remain mild. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

I wonder if the death rate going up is extremely bogus as well?

2 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

I join the ranks of the positive this morning. 

Wife is negative.  We were at small (4 couples) outside gathering this weekend.   One wife had symptoms a few days later.  Another (different) husband did insta-test and was positive.  We did UK drive through yesterday.  

Only symptom is allergy like snuffle.  No fever or cough. 

 

Hope your symptoms remain mild.  Take care of yourself.

3 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

I join the ranks of the positive this morning. 

Wife is negative.  We were at small (4 couples) outside gathering this weekend.   One wife had symptoms a few days later.  Another (different) husband did insta-test and was positive.  We did UK drive through yesterday.  

Only symptom is allergy like snuffle.  No fever or cough. 

 

To echo the others, take care Bluegrasscard.

If you are comfortable sharing what advice/instructions/etc. were you given for your care?

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

To echo the others, take care Bluegrasscard.

If you are comfortable sharing what advice/instructions/etc. were you given for your care?

So far, no one has given any formal or specific medical advice.  Actually had to call into the primary physician since I had a routine appointment on Wednesday.  Called them them this morning just to do the notify thing for anyone from previous 48 hours.  They just said - let us know if you get worse.  So far, temp never above 98 and O2 97 or above. 

So hitting the Goodies "Emergen-C Immune+" daily now (was doing every other day) and taking some Sandhus Zinc quercetin from Amazon.  Ad-hoc advice from someone from medical world has been take lots of Vitamin-D and Zinc for now - hence the above. 

Son had it a few weeks ago.  He bounced back after about 4 days of hitting the Emergen-C.   He had fever at night and he lost taste and smell. 

It feels like "allergies" - but I do not hardly ever get allergies.

Discussion with wife - she DOES have allergies.  So she takes Flonaise every day.  We discussed if that has protected her since we are around each other 24x7. 

9 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

So far, no one has given any formal or specific medical advice.  Actually had to call into the primary physician since I had a routine appointment on Wednesday.  Called them them this morning just to do the notify thing for anyone from previous 48 hours.  They just said - let us know if you get worse.  So far, temp never above 98 and O2 97 or above. 

So hitting the Goodies "Emergen-C Immune+" daily now (was doing every other day) and taking some Sandhus Zinc quercetin from Amazon.  Ad-hoc advice from someone from medical world has been take lots of Vitamin-D and Zinc for now - hence the above. 

Son had it a few weeks ago.  He bounced back after about 4 days of hitting the Emergen-C.   He had fever at night and he lost taste and smell. 

It feels like "allergies" - but I do not hardly ever get allergies.

Discussion with wife - she DOES have allergies.  So she takes Flonaise every day.  We discussed if that has protected her since we are around each other 24x7. 

I use Flonase as well Cincy area might have the worst allergies in the country.  I don’t believe it would protect her, it would only mask minor symptoms in my opinion.

It sounds like you have mild symptoms, it can escalate quickly from what I’ve seen.  Don’t hesitate to call your doctor if it progresses.  Certainly, nothing you want to sit on and wait.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

15 hours ago, nees1212 said:

I’ve now seen how quickly it spreads. 3 households (all family) met to watch a football game 2 weekends ago. Everyone was fine the day of the game. 1 started feeling ill the next day and tested posted. 6 of the 10 people have now tested positive with 1 in the hospital.

 

15 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

And this is how it is currently spreading. 

 I will be talking with the family this weekend about Thanksgiving. My thought right now is that anyone coming to Thanksgiving at our house has to be in a near quarantine status for at least a week before I'm letting them walk in the door.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.