Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Makes sense.

Not to me.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Down to 79.26 today. 

Back up to 84.56 today. Hopefully this is just a short term blip.

19 hours ago, theguru said:

Not to me.

Why not?  We had millions of kids staying out of their normal school environment...a ton of people out of the office, working from home...a hyper-vigilant effort to wash hands as well as clean/disinfect sharable surfaces...extra distance between people in a social environment...and masks to reduce the amount of droplet transmission when you are in public.  Forget Covid-19...if we wanted to make a huge impact on the number of flu cases, this is exactly what you'd want to do.

I'd be totally shocked if the flu numbers WEREN'T down with everything we did.

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Why not?  We had millions of kids staying out of their normal school environment...a ton of people out of the office, working from home...a hyper-vigilant effort to wash hands as well as clean/disinfect sharable surfaces...extra distance between people in a social environment...and masks to reduce the amount of droplet transmission when you are in public.  Forget Covid-19...if we wanted to make a huge impact on the number of flu cases, this is exactly what you'd want to do.

I'd be totally shocked if the flu numbers WEREN'T down with everything we did.

Down yes, down 96%, come on man!

  • Author

Glad to be back! This post sure took off. Have a ton of reading to do lol.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Down yes, down 96%, come on man!

Don't know what to tell you...I believe it.  The preventative measures for the flu happen to perfectly align with what we were doing for Covid.  So, it's not a surprise to me, at all.

5 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Don't know what to tell you...I believe it.  The preventative measures for the flu happen to perfectly align with what we were doing for Covid.  So, it's not a surprise to me, at all.

I probably believe the reporting in this case, I just don't think it is an accurate representation.

And I wonder how 96% squares with other states and countries?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I probably believe the reporting in this case, I just don't think it is an accurate representation.

And I wonder how 96% squares with other states and countries?

Don't have the time (or the desire, lol) to search every state.  But, here's data from Ohio, showing hospitalizations for the flu over the past 5 years.

The number of flu-related hospital stays dropped dramatically last season.

2016-2017     8,661
2017-2018     17,397
2018-2019     9,865
2019-2020    11,005
2020-2021     122
 
1 minute ago, CincySportsFan said:

Don't have the time (or the desire, lol) to search every state.  But, here's data from Ohio, showing hospitalizations for the flu over the past 5 years.

The number of flu-related hospital stays dropped dramatically last season.

2016-2017     8,661
2017-2018     17,397
2018-2019     9,865
2019-2020    11,005
2020-2021     122
 

So Ohio had close to the same amount of hospitalizations as Kentucky had cases?

If so, I rest my case. 

Also, I went back and looked at the article, the actual drop is 99%:

Flu season is rapidly approaching, and although in 2020-2021 flu season Kentucky saw a 99% drop in cases from a year earlier, it is expected to make a comeback this year, although health officials cannot say how much it will be.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:26 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Back up to 84.56 today. Hopefully this is just a short term blip.

Up to 87.11. I still expect this to decrease over next two weeks. Time will tell though.

Norton Healthcare covid hospitalizations were 238 six days ago and down to 211 today.

33 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Norton Healthcare covid hospitalizations were 238 six days ago and down to 211 today.

I haven't seen anything from UofL since September 3rd, but they were at 281 inpatient beds and 82 ICU beds occupied by COVID patients on September 3rd. UofL has something like 430 total beds when they have their elective surgical suites shut down for use as ICU rooms, but they only have staffing for about 350 beds at any given time. They had more beds occupied by COVID patients alone than they had staff to work the beds in the entire hospital.

14 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I haven't seen anything from UofL since September 3rd, but they were at 281 inpatient beds and 82 ICU beds occupied by COVID patients on September 3rd. UofL has something like 430 total beds when they have their elective surgical suites shut down for use as ICU rooms, but they only have staffing for about 350 beds at any given time. They had more beds occupied by COVID patients alone than they had staff to work the beds in the entire hospital.

I have a friend that works at a hospital over in Cincinnati.  I could be wrong on the exact number, but I think they expanded their ICU to 68 beds.  As of last Friday, they had a waiting list 46 deep for their ICU.  97% of the covid patients in their ICU have been unvaccinated.  

There is also currently a shortage of ECMO machines in the hospitals.  

On 9/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Up to 87.11. I still expect this to decrease over next two weeks. Time will tell though.

Down to 84.69 today.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.