Louisville's Next Football Coach Discussion

Jumper_Dad

Babers reached out to Louisville.

That surprises me. Not that Louisville is not a good job. But I don't know that it is that much better than Syracuse, especially since they're in the same division. I could see it if he were moving away from Clemson and FSU. There's evidently something he likes about UL and I don't think it would be money. If I'm the Cardinals I'm not so sure I wouldn't want him over Brohm.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Babers reached out to Louisville.

That surprises me. Not that Louisville is not a good job. But I don't know that it is that much better than Syracuse, especially since they're in the same division. I could see it if he were moving away from Clemson and FSU. There's evidently something he likes about UL and I don't think it would be money. If I'm the Cardinals I'm not so sure I wouldn't want him over Brohm.

Eh I would be surprised if Babers really had any intention to go to UL. I believe it was probably a way to try to force Syracyse hand to get a bigger contract by making it look like he has interest in UL.

When it comes as a hot top coach that all top programs would be wanting and look at almost as a cant miss, no. When it comes to the next level down programs that are good but maybe not traditional powers like a UL then i agree.

Is he someone that will be even top programs interview list, yes. Is he someone that top programs will be fighting over because they have to have this guy and where a interview is just a formality like guys I mentioned, no.

The guys I mentioned were guys who won at high levels even at programs that hadn't won in a long time. They proved they could win at a high level. Brohm hasnt showed that yet. Which is why I dont think he is viewed quite as high nationally as some make him out to be like the guys I mentioned. Programs may be intrigued enough to interview him, but not viewed as this next best thing that they have to have.

Being on the list for high profile jobs seems like he's viewed pretty well nationally... Not really sure what measuring system you're using, but I'm not sure how you can agree he's been on and will continue to be on lists across the country but not be viewed that well. That's contradictory.

Gotta agree with Deuce here. Already mentioned in this thread I think @SLINK said it. USC fans would approve of a hire of Brohm. Just to clarify that's west coast Southern California. He said their fans are pretty well informed and follow the game closely despite being a bunch of yuppies. That last part was adlib.

When it comes as a hot top coach that all top programs would be wanting and look at almost as a cant miss, no. When it comes to the next level down programs that are good but maybe not traditional powers like a UL then i agree.

Is he someone that will be even top programs interview list, yes. Is he someone that top programs will be fighting over because they have to have this guy and where a interview is just a formality like guys I mentioned, no.

The guys I mentioned were guys who won at high levels even at programs that hadn't won in a long time. They proved they could win at a high level. Brohm hasnt showed that yet. Which is why I dont think he is viewed quite as high nationally as some make him out to be like the guys I mentioned. Programs may be intrigued enough to interview him, but not viewed as this next best thing that they have to have.

Being on the list for high profile jobs seems like he's viewed pretty well nationally... Not really sure what measuring system you're using, but I'm not sure how you can agree he's been on and will continue to be on lists across the country but not be viewed that well. That's contradictory.

Despite the Louisville athletic administration's recent controversy it's pretty clear they value sports. They have solid facilities, money for their programs and are in an area that's somewhat geographically unique. They're close enough to recruit a lot of the hot bed talent pools but also not in bfe. Also have to factor in the coaches prior recruiting base he has built up.

Gotta agree with Deuce here. Already mentioned in this thread I think @SLINK said it. USC fans would approve of a hire of Brohm. Just to clarify that's west coast Southern California. He said their fans are pretty well informed and follow the game closely despite being a bunch of yuppies. That last part was adlib.

The USC fan base is up in arms today with the announcement Clay Helton will be returning. They are trying to go over Lynn Swann'a head and get the BOT to fire Helton. They are not happy and neither am I.