Louisville's Next Football Coach Discussion

Jumper_Dad

Who is the best recruiter of the coaches under consideration? It will take a big effort by the new coach to keep Brohm out of Louisville and Kentucky. It seems like Purdue is on every Kentucky kid's short list of schools they're looking at.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the best recruiter of the coaches under consideration? It will take a big effort by the new coach to keep Brohm out of Louisville and Kentucky. It seems like Purdue is on every Kentucky kid's short list of schools they're looking at.

The head coach is less important if you consider who the potential assistants might be that could be recruiting the area.

For example, if you bring in a DC that's a crack recruiter and an offensive or defensive position coach with local ties, you alleviate a lot of that pressure on the head coach.

Trying to get Cort Dennison to come back to Louisville in a DC role is one idea I've seen tossed around.

My two favorite "rumors" I've heard were wondering aloud if UL could lure either Scott Frost or Pat Fitzgerald to Louisville. God love their confidence.

There are a number of people out there that must be convinced that the only thing keeping Louisville from being Alabama is just the will and charisma of the athletic director.

People seriously believing that Louisville has the pull to grab another P5 head coach on a whim are just killing me. I think we spent a lot of time buying into the hype that Louisville was one of the best head coaching jobs in the country and haven't really had a lot of real, critical thought about the direction of our football program.

Then again, all fanbases have idiots, so what else is new?

Saw Bob Stoops mentioned in an article. Don't think it's realistic, but would he be a good hire? How much fun would it be to have brothers as the head coaches of UK and UofL? (Mike is also available as an Assistant to heighten the intrigue.)

Saw Bob Stoops mentioned in an article. Don't think it's realistic, but would he be a good hire? How much fun would it be to have brothers as the head coaches of UK and UofL? (Mike is also available as an Assistant to heighten the intrigue.)

No thank you.