Does Lebron James have to......

So true, and the legend grows more and more each day.

I remember watching MJ and being amazed every time I watched him play. I watch Lebron now and I am more impressed every time I see him. He's playing like Magic and MJ in Karl Malone's body.

That's freaking stupid. :lol2: :lol2:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching MJ and being amazed every time I watched him play. I watch Lebron now and I am more impressed every time I see him. He's playing like Magic and MJ in Karl Malone's body.

That's freaking stupid. :lol2: :lol2:

Exactly...

I think LBJ needs at least 4 rings to validate having the discussion. MJ and LBJ are really different players so its partial hard to compare.

I agree. As a Lebron fan my number has always been 4-5. Now that hes back in Cleveland I think two more can do it, two in Cleveland is like four anywhere else. Winning one in Cleveland is going to be what sets him apart.

With that said losing this year will not be a good look to most making him 2-4 in Finals appearances. BUT, he has went to five straight and this current team is far from solid with all the injuries. I would give him more slack than most of he fails again, but he needs to start winning at least another one or two to really lock down his legacy.

He's playing like Magic and MJ in Karl Malone's body.

That's what is most remarkable about him IMO. He's just a freak.

UKMF has summarized my feelings pretty well. As much as I hate his guts, Jordan is the best I've ever seen. But LeBron is very, very close and I can see him surpassing Jordan in the very near future.

If you discount MJ's 2 years with Washington he averaged 4 more points a game than LBJ. Does that really make MJ that much better of a scorer?

MJ has a better 2pt% by .009% but LBJ has the better 3pt% by .01%.

4 points a game over a timespan of roughly 900 games? Yeah, it does. I discussed it last fall when Kobe was closing in on Jordan, but without the time off, Jordan almost certainly finishes as the all-time leading scorer in the NBA. He'd have had to break down somewhere for it not to have happened.

Minus the last two years, Jordan played 19 more games than Lebron has at this point. Jordan had 29,277 points at that point (31.5 PPG) compared to Lebron's 24,913 (27.3 PPG). That's not a small difference. Even with the last two years, the gap between Jordan and Wilt (who are tied for first in per game average) and Lebron (3rd) is the same as from Lebron to Kareem, who is in 14th. If you removed the two Wizard seasons, the gap would be the same between 1 & 3 as between 3 & in between 17 and 18. It's sizable. Lebron is one of the greatest scorers of all-time, but Jordan was significantly better in that category.

If you discount MJ's 2 years with Washington he averaged 4 more points a game than LBJ. Does that really make MJ that much better of a scorer?

MJ has a better 2pt% by .009% but LBJ has the better 3pt% by .01%.

That is a huge difference. In fairness, I always felt LeBron could average more if he wanted, but he is (admirably) more concerned with distributing the ball. MJ was able to dominate from the perimeter because he could score from there. LeBron is able to dominate from the perimeter because he can get to the rim from therel. FT% is a key stat as well in the NBA game. Not sure what the disparity is, but LeBron has never been that great from the line. Their games really aren't that comparable. While Jordan is a better scorer and shooter, you can easily argue the offensive package of LeBron far exceeds that of MJ.

That is a huge difference. In fairness, I always felt LeBron could average more if he wanted, but he is (admirably) more concerned with distributing the ball. MJ was able to dominate from the perimeter because he could score from there. LeBron is able to dominate from the perimeter because he can get to the rim from therel. FT% is a key stat as well in the NBA game. Not sure what the disparity is, but LeBron has never been that great from the line. Their games really aren't that comparable. While Jordan is a better scorer and shooter, you can easily argue the offensive package of LeBron far exceeds that of MJ.

I was wrong on the %. LBJ has a higher 2pt (.535 and 3pt .342) than MJ. However MJ has the higher total because took less than half the 3's that LBJ has taken.

Jorden also attempted 3.5 more shots a game. LBJ just needs to shoot more :D

4 points a game over a timespan of roughly 900 games? Yeah, it does. I discussed it last fall when Kobe was closing in on Jordan, but without the time off, Jordan almost certainly finishes as the all-time leading scorer in the NBA. He'd have had to break down somewhere for it not to have happened.

Minus the last two years, Jordan played 19 more games than Lebron has at this point. Jordan had 29,277 points at that point (31.5 PPG) compared to Lebron's 24,913 (27.3 PPG). That's not a small difference. Even with the last two years, the gap between Jordan and Wilt (who are tied for first in per game average) and Lebron (3rd) is the same as from Lebron to Kareem, who is in 14th. If you removed the two Wizard seasons, the gap would be the same between 1 & 3 as between 3 & in between 17 and 18. It's sizable. Lebron is one of the greatest scorers of all-time, but Jordan was significantly better in that category.

Very nice breakdown.