Does Lebron James have to......

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
I disagree on Kobe because I don't think he would be able to create the performances we have seen out of JR Smith and others.

Even though Kobe helped create the performances of Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom and Metta World Peace?

Even though Kobe helped create the performances of Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom and Metta World Peace?

This is a tough topic to analyze. It is so subjective. Obviously, having a great player on the floor opens up opportunities for all the other players. The question in my mind is did Kobe make those players better or did they just get more opportunities because of Kobe's presence?

Do assists give us insight into this? Kobe played 20 years and ended up #29 in total career assists. Kobe played significantly longer but still trails Mugsy Bogues, Reggie Theus, John Lucas and others in total assists. Kobe is #142 in career average assists per game.

LeBron is 14 years in and at #12 in career assists and #25 in career average assists per game.

This is a tough topic to analyze. It is so subjective. Obviously, having a great player on the floor opens up opportunities for all the other players. The question in my mind is did Kobe make those players better or did they just get more opportunities because of Kobe's presence?

Do assists give us insight into this? Kobe played 20 years and ended up #29 in total career assists. Kobe played significantly longer but still trails Mugsy Bogues, Reggie Theus, John Lucas and others in total assists. Kobe is #142 in career average assists per game.

LeBron is 14 years in and at #12 in career assists and #25 in career average assists per game.

Kobe was a shooter/scorer first and was never the passer that LeBron was. Kobe finished his career averaging 4.7 assists a game. MJ finished his career averaging 5.3 assists a game.

How many players finished their career averaging over 25 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists a game?

Not as many players as one would think.

MJ, Oscar, LeBron, Wilt, Kobe and that is probably it.

Kobe was a shooter/scorer first and was never the passer that LeBron was. Kobe finished his career averaging 4.7 assists a game. MJ finished his career averaging 5.3 assists a game.

How many players finished their career averaging over 25 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists a game?

Without looking, I'd say you can probably add Elgin Baylor and Jerry West.

The question though was who makes the players around them better. I was using assists as a way to measure that.

As to your criteria, there are only 11 players that have averaged 25 points per game and all of them are pretty close to those criteria. And ... if we get technical, Kobe averaged 24.99 per game according to basketball-reference.com. :D

The question though was who makes the players around them better. I was using assists as a way to measure that.

As to your criteria, there are only 11 players that have averaged 25 points per game and all of them are pretty close to those criteria. And ... if we get technical, Kobe averaged 24.99 per game according to basketball-reference.com. :D

Kobe Bryant Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Says 25.0 when I click on it.

IMG_2572.PNG

Kevin Love was better without LeBron and Kyrie Irving arguably was too. Kobe has never had the passing skills that LeBron has but Kobe didn't have players as talented as KI and Kevin Love on his team when they beat the Magic and Celtics for the back to back titles.