Does Lebron James have to......

LeBron is great never disputed that fact. I just don't think he is better than Jordan. I don't think that is crazy. I just made a point on one blemish he couldn't control.

But what is also a fact this LeBron team was .500 until they made the two trades. So it wasn't all LeBron.

I don't have a problem with people saying MJ is better than Lebron. My beef is why people say MJ is better than Lebron. I still haven't seen anyone say anything to convince me that MJ was a better basketball player.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't think the fact teams from the West face stiffer competition and more competive series leading to the finals factors in at all to the final results ?

I don't. When the Lakers won championships their path to the Finals never factored into anything. They were either the better team or they weren't. Kobe and as haw used to have to go through the Kings and Blazers and would get to the Finals and roll the Eastern Conference team. Cream rises to the top.

How are they not similar? That's why I don't understand why MJ gets a pass on his early failures. People call it Lebron punking out in those 2011 NBA Finals. I call it the moment DWade realized that the Heat no longer belong to him. Wade was still the "leader" of the Heat at that time. That was LBJ's first year with the Heat and he submitted to Wade. After that season he no longer submitted to Wade and those are the years Lebron grew as a player and as a leader.

I guess we all forget that MJ shot the ball a lot like Kobe did when he was younger and before he learned how to defeat old superstars who no longer had the bodies to keep up with MJ.

Let's not play the card Magic or Isaiah were washed up. The year MJ beat them they were still on top of their game.

If it were for the crazy HIV fear back then Magic would of been an elite player for a few more years.

Your point has validity but I don't see how my point of Lebron coming in and playing in the weakest the Eastern conference has ever been doesn't have any.

There was a tradition in the east going back to the early 80s of having to get over past champions to win it was a struggle. Celtics, Sixers, Pistons , Bulls. LeBron didn't have that because the east has been depleted since the brawl in Detroit .

I don't. When the Lakers won championships their path to the Finals never factored into anything. They were either the better team or they weren't. Kobe and as haw used to have to go through the Kings and Blazers and would get to the Finals and roll the Eastern Conference team. Cream rises to the top.

So why seed at all cream rises to the top.

I don't have a problem with people saying MJ is better than Lebron. My beef is why people say MJ is better than Lebron. I still haven't seen anyone say anything to convince me that MJ was a better basketball player.

Jordan is a flat out better scorer and while I think Lebron may be a more versatile defender because of size I think Jordan is the best perimeter defender in the history of the NBA.

Also if it wasn't for gambling habit the man basically owned an entire decade. This could be Lebrons decade we will see how long it lasts.

But prior to Lebron going to Miami wasn't this Kobe's NBA? There was no one frome 90s until he retired that anyone put on par with Jordan. LeBron is at that point now.

Lebron could win this title and sway me a little more. But what if GS wins in 5?

And those Knicks teams were better than any other Eastern conference team during the LeBron era not counting teams LeBron was on.

Let's be honest the year LeBron cavs got swept by the Spurs that Cavs team would of been lucky to make it out of the first round of the West. The East was bad.

The Cavs lost 32 games that year. Only lost 11 of those games to Western Conference teams.

Huh? Your seed is based on your regular season record. Just because you have the best record doesn't mean you are the better team.

You said cream rises to the top . I said then why even seed if your path to the title doesn't matter. Let's draw it out of a hat.

Jordan is a flat out better scorer and while I think Lebron may be a more versatile defender because of size I think Jordan is the best perimeter defender in the history of the NBA.

Also if it wasn't for gambling habit the man basically owned an entire decade. This could be Lebrons decade we will see how long it lasts.

But prior to Lebron going to Miami wasn't this Kobe's NBA? There was no one frome 90s until he retired that anyone put on par with Jordan. LeBron is at that point now.

Lebron could win this title and sway me a little more. But what if GS wins in 5?

Golden State should win the series. They are the better team. Lebron is missing two starters from his team and another starter is dragging his leg around. The Cavs should have lost to the Bulls and the Hawks when you look at the body of work and rosters for all of the team. But yet, somehow, the Cavs won. What Lebron is doing as a leader and a player is his most remarkable accomplishment to date. The Cavs shouldn't be here. But yet, they are.

The Cavs lost 32 games that year. Only lost 11 of those games to Western Conference teams.

Look at this year's Hawks team record against the West. I'd of favored 6 of the Western Conference teams over them in a 7 game series.

You said cream rises to the top . I said then why even seed if your path to the title doesn't matter. Let's draw it out of a hat.

Wouldn't bother me any. I don't make the rules though. Do you think that whatever team that wins the NBA Finals isn't the best team in the world?

Golden State should win the series. They are the better team. Lebron is missing two starters from his team and another starter is dragging his leg around. The Cavs should have lost to the Bulls and the Hawks when you look at the body of work and rosters for all of the team. But yet, somehow, the Cavs won. What Lebron is doing as a leader and a player is his most remarkable accomplishment to date. The Cavs shouldn't be here. But yet, they are.

The Cavs are where they were picked to be. Who is the 2nd starter Vajero? He would be coming off the Bench.

Love injury is a killer and if Irving doesn't play they have no shot.

But when you have Lebron and Kyrie you should win the east.

The Hawks weren't the same team after the all star break look at their record and their playoff statistics. Everything dropped. Heck if it weren't for a freak John Wall injury Wizards make East finals and they had no business being there.

MJ never had to guard anyone. Who were the best people he played? Reggie Miller? Who else? Joe Dumars? The only thing MJ does better than Lebron is score. Lebron defends at least 4 positions a game and can defend all 5 if needed. MJ can't do that.

Forget the gambling habit. MJ stepped away from the game because he was mentally weak is how the official story went wasn't? Too fatigued from playing into June 3 years in a row? Hmmmmm..... @bugatti.....why does MJ get a pass for quitting in 93?

It was Kobe's NBA. And then Lebron went to Miami and grew as a player. Now we are seeing those results.

Wouldn't bother me any. I don't make the rules though. Do you think that whatever team that wins the NBA Finals isn't the best team in the world?

Most years yes not all years. Teams can get hot , injuries happen , fatigue kicks in.

But in the NBA the best teams wins most the time. Much more than NCAA.

But the seeding system makes the best teams path much easier. Which helps with some of those points I listed above.