Does Lebron James have to......

Michael lost in the first round of the playoffs in his first three seasons. Finally made it to the finals in year 7.

LeBron missed playoffs completely his first two years.Every year since then he has been in the semifinals or better. He did not make his first finals till year 9 of his career.

1. Jordan played the '85 Bucks (the #2 seed), the '86 Celts, and the '87 Celts, so he played against some darn good teams.

2. LeBron first made the finals in his 4th in 2007 at the age of 23.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebron James won titles with Erik Spoelstra as the head coach and is taking a rookie NBA head coach from the Euro League to the Finals. MJ needed Phil Jackson to get to the Finals.

Phil Jackson was also a rookie coach with the Bulls, straight out of the CBA.

To clarify, LeBron made the finals twice before he won it all in year 9.

1. Jordan played the '85 Bucks (the #2 seed), the '86 Celts, and the '87 Celts, so he played against some darn good teams.

2. LeBron first made the finals in his 4th in 2007 at the age of 23.

Thanks for the corrections guys. LeBron made the finals in year 4 with Cleveland and in year 8 with Miami.

I always thought basketball was a team game? So to me the argument of one player versus another has no point. Just watch the games and appreciate the talents of all the players in the context of a team sport. Although I do find it amusing how no one ever mentions the defense of an individual player.

Jorden left the Bulls and they win 55 games. Pretty safe to say that was a loaded Bulls team. Lebron leaves the cavs and they can't win 2 games in 4 years. He leaves the heat after going to 4 straight title games and they miss the playoffs.

Im not saying Lebrons is better and I'm not saying Jorden is better. i will say that Lebron is the most athletic to ever play the game. He is also the most versatile. If he had a better jump shot it wouldn't be close.

You seriously equate Jordan losing to Detroit as the same as LeBron folding like a cheap tent against an underdog Mavericks' team?

Yes. "The great ones never let that happen." That's what you said. The Bulls got mollywhopped by the Pistons in 1988 and 1989.

Why is MJ allowed to lose and grow and Lebron isn't? That doesn't make sense.

Phil Jackson was also a rookie coach with the Bulls, straight out of the CBA.

Good point. At least he played in the NBA and knew the game at that level. Spoelstra was a video coordinator and Blatt was across the pond. Phil as a rookie coach is still way better than Spoelstra today and Blatt ever.

The thing in my mind that will always be a blemish on LBJ record to know fault of his own is the fact during his career the Eastern conference has been the worst conference in the history of the NBA.

Jordan had to beat a lot better teams to make the finals than LBJ really ever has outside of maybe the Celtics big 3.

The thing in my mind that will always be a blemish on LBJ record to know fault of his own is the fact during his career the Eastern conference has been the worst conference in the history of the NBA.

Jordan had to beat a lot better teams to make the finals than LBJ really ever has outside of maybe the Celtics big 3.

What teams did MJ beat to make the Finals?

How about the Pistons? Bulls a few years ago? Those teams couldn't compete with Ewing's Knicks and Miller's Pacers? Really?

How about the Pistons? Bulls a few years ago? Those teams couldn't compete with Ewing's Knicks and Miller's Pacers? Really?

Exactly. Other than the Knicks and Pacers(who normally played each other before the Bulls) I can't think of any great Eastern Conference teams from that time.