Where Are They Now: NKY That's My Boy Edition

Clyde

Saw the following listed as local That's My Boy Award winners and was wondering what they're doing today.

Craig Wilmhoff -Beechwood – Eastern KY

Chad Cogswell – Covington Cath. – Northern KY

Rob Sandfoss – Newport Cent. Cath. – KY Wesleyan

Jeremy Burns – Campbell County – Valparaiso

Cameron Demmerle – Beechwood – Centre
Seneca Gray – Holmes – Kentucky State

Eddie Eviston – Newport Central Catholic – Georgetown

Scott Kuhnhein – Highlands – Ohio State

Tom Beechem – Covington Catholic – Dayton

Matt Atkins – Newport – Thomas More

Brent Grover – Highlands – Purdue

Rob Smith – Highlands – Tennessee

Brandent Englemon – Holmes – Michigan

Jeff Wera – Beechwood – William and Mary

Trevor Stellman – Conner – Thomas More

Lance Durbin – Conner – Cincinnati

Scott Gray – Ryle – Marshall

Cory Farris – Boone County – Kentucky

Patrick Van Sant – Covington Catholic – Georgetown

Tate Nichols – Ryle – Notre Dame

I'm interested in knowing what the requirements to winning the award are. I never heard of it until today and am curious how student athletes are nominated etc.

The accumulation of points in three areas: football achievement (s), academic achievement, and extracurricular / community activities.

Eddie Eviston is the Offensive Coordinator at Georgetown College after a great college career there.

Were you around in '96 when we played you guys in the playoffs? He had a monster game against Highlands and Raceland that year. Almost single handedly kept us in the Highlands game....well that and 3 fumbles by the Birds.

Were you around in '96 when we played you guys in the playoffs? He had a monster game against Highlands and Raceland that year. Almost single handedly kept us in the Highlands game....well that and 3 fumbles by the Birds.

I was at the NCC/Raceland game, he was dominate and a great athlete. I had already graduated, four years prior, and had my one year old son at the game with me. That son now plays for Eviston at Georgetown. Pretty funny how that worked out.

Also, Greg Mcgraw was an extremely talented safety as a frosh and sophomore at HHS but was forced to only play basketball because of back issues. He is at Pikeville Med. right now. He played basketball at Transy until he was no longer medically able to play that sport either because of his back. Many people do not realize this, but as a guy who graduated/played with him, I can tell you that he was one of, if not the best athlete in the class of 2008 at HHS.

Also' date=' Greg Mcgraw was an extremely talented safety as a frosh and sophomore at HHS but was forced to only play basketball because of back issues. He is at Pikeville Med. right now. He played basketball at Transy until he was no longer medically able to play that sport either because of his back. Many people do not realize this, but as a guy who graduated/played with him, I can tell you that he was one of, if not the best athlete in the class of 2008 at HHS.[/quote']

Crazy good athlete. Coached against him when he was an 8th grader and it was obvious he was at a different level.

There is one from SW Ohio and one from NKY.

The NKY one:

The Northern Kentucky “That’s My Boy” Award is named for Brian P. Williams, a former winner of the award, who died in New York in the World Trade Center on September, 11, 2001. He was 30 years old. Brian was a three sport star and a star in the classroom at Covington Catholic High School. He had an accumulative grade point average of 4.0 and was a three year varsity letterman in football on two state championship teams. Brian was team captain his senior year and was also First Team All-State as a tight end. He was a two-time silver medalist in the discus throw at the Kentucky State Championships and was also a First Team All Conference Basketball player in Northern Kentucky.

Brian continued his football career at Columbia University in New York City where he was a starter at tight end for four years. After graduation Brian began working as a bond trader at Canton-Fitzgerald whose offices were on the top floors of The World Trade Center. We are pleased to honor Brian Williams by naming the Northern Kentucky Award: “The Brian Williams That’s My Boy Award.”