Everything posted by Theoleballcoach
-
Highlands 44 Campbell County 7 (Frosh)
HHS' defense is very impressive. Very cool to see so many players get in the game. hollingsworth looks awesome at QB. Huddleston might be the best player I've seen in nky at this age in a long time. There is no doubt in my mind that he could start on either side of the ball for HHS varsity... I understand why the staff is not playing him up, but I'd be interested to hear an argument saying he wasn't good enough. Kid is special.
-
Pulaski County/Highlands 5A State Semifinals Predictions
Coaches and ADs on both sides have to agree to the plan to move the game. If PC wanted to play at 7:30 (as scheduled) all they had to do was say so. In all honesty, I would imagine PC is the team who suggested it be moved. IMO people are putting far too big of an emphasis on the drive. I played in tons of games 3-5 hours away from 2004-2007 because no one from NKY would schedule us... Didn't bother any of the players.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions
Like most games, this matchup will be determined by O and D lines. HHS has been pounding the ball as of late on offense and stopping the run on defense; Kendall and Murray have been awesome. If CCH can stop the run and force HHS to rely on the passing game then I'll take CCH for the win. However, if HHS continues to run like they have as of late, I'll take HHS for the win. I predict a close/low scoring game, 17-10 HHS.
-
Woodford County at Highlands Predictions
I'm with you. You didn't miss practice period... I don't care if it was for a doctors appointment or whatever; and definitely not a soccer game.. It either matters or it doesn't. From stories I've heard it seems like some players/parents don't view missing practice (OR EVEN GAMES) as a big deal. That's absurd. I know BW very well and I know he has to be infuriated by this... He would not stand for that. He's put too much into this program for too long to see that. As a former captain on an HHS team I'm disappointed... I hope the senior leaders address this. Again... It's either matters or it doesn't.. Pick one
-
Highlands/Boone County Updates
Next week vs Woodford Co. Is shaping up to be a good game. With their absurd O-line, they could potentially give the birds fits by keeping their O off the field and methodically moving the ball down the field. Love, love my birds, but we're going to struggle against an O-line with 3 D-1 players.
-
Highlands/Boone County Updates
Any details other than the score? No disrespect to BC, but I was expecting a larger margin at half.
-
Highlands 56 Grant County 22
Agreed. If the current staff is still handling things like Coach Mueller did when I played, they're 100% preparing for the playoffs at this point. Including running schemes that we would use against anticipated opponents. I understand both sides of the argument, but prepping for the playoffs is obviously more important.
-
Highlands 2015/2016
I asked a simple question. I know hardly anything about the basketball program and was hoping that things got on track for them. With baseball doing awesome, track/CC doing very well, football being football, soccer doing well, it would be awesome to see coach Listerman turn things around. In terms of me being sensitive, Seriously? I asked a question and you jumped on me acting like I know who is practicing basketball in the off season.
-
Highlands 2015/2016
That's good to hear. His size definitely will help Listerman get things moving in the right direction.
-
Highlands 2015/2016
If I knew he was showing up for practice I wouldn't have asked. I was concerned about the young mans health and ability to play this year. You need to relax...
-
Highlands 2015/2016
Is Finfrock going to be able to play basketball this year? I've heard he's pretty banged up from football.
-
Freshman vs JV
That's just flat out false information. Every single game is filmed at all levels at HHS. All you have to do is login to Hudl and you would know that. You claimed you watched film with "dads" the other week... If true, then you would have seen that every frosh, JV, and varsity film is there... Hell even a lot of practices are on there.
-
Highlands/Simon Kenton Predictions
I think I'm picking up what you're putting down... It's the rush game? Even though HHS has had an awesome Passing game for years, we've always been able to run the ball to keep teams more than honest. Kendall, who is an awesomely talented back, only having less that 400 yards rushing speaks volumes. Past years #1 RBs at HHS had that in 2 games. With that said, I think it would benefit everyone, especially Herrgot for the run game to improve; blocking backs, jet plays, Etc.Shorten the game, keep the defense off the field. Thoughts?
-
St. Xavier 37 Highlands 6
BW actually went back to calling the defense last night and a former head coach in Ohio, Jason Lynch, who coaches the running backs called the O. However, BW had always been an offensive guy, he just never had the chance to use it because Dale was going to call his own offense so he studied and basically became a mastermind of high school defense.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
Thank you!! Most would be happy that their son is playing D. If he isn't playing O, then he must not be good enough. Tough words, but true. Coach W is going to put the e best players in the best positions, if someone isn't in the position their daddy wants them in, then there is a reason for it.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
Well if it's that obvious... Then it should be obvious to you that all three of those, who are mighty fine players, I might add, have enough on their plate with fixing a D that everyone (besides you) agrees has major issues.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
M I don't doubt what you're saying, being away from the Fort, I don't get to see as many games live as you do and therefore don't know who you're talking about. Unfortunately, me watching games usually consists of using my surrogate nephew's hudl account. luckily, HHS fans don't speak names and injuries!
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
The I'd like to know too. I'll be in SC for the UK game. Would love to still be able to catch the game.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
I get what you're saying, but just to clarify, Urlage was moved to offense because of a shoulder injury that could better be protected (and more importantly finish his career on the field) on the offensive side of the ball.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
JOAT you could not be more correct. I know for a fact that Austin was hurt... Definitely not in trouble. Birdie Tweet, you desperately need to get your facts straight before posting absurd/assaine comments like this that literally have no merit. Do you seriously have the audacity to post something like that about an 17-18 year old kid that is blatantly a lie? Even if it were true, which it is NOT, the fact that you would say something like that to essentially start a rumor is embarrassing. Grow up.
-
Ryle/Highlands Predictions
Austin practiced today and looked fine. Lots of different faces in lots of different places also.
-
Scott County 54 Highlands 28
Knowing Coach Mueller pretty well and knowing how calculated and smart of a man he is, I would say yes; he knew the dip in talent was coming. However, any negative phone calls about this season to Coach Mueller would be totally laughed off. I can promise you that he, and anyone who is close to the program or has met/experienced Coach W as a coach has all the confidence in the world in him. HHS is having a down year, it has happened before and will happen again. They always bounce back eventually... The horses just are not there right now.
-
Crowds so far?
HHS had a very good crowd tonight for the first time in a while. May sound crazy, but the last few years attendance has been AWFUL at HHS. Glad to see people back in the stands
-
Campbell County/Highlands Predictions
Last year Telek played TE until hurt in the Trinity scrimmage. He was the last TE HHS legititmately used as a passing threat that I can remember in a long, long time. It seems that the staff is more apt to put a more athletic WR or RB on the field. Guess I can't really disagree based on the results and talent at WR.
-
Cooper 37 Highlands 13
Ugh 1. Defensive alignment. LBs not playing end man on LOS crooectly. If he blocks down, you must squeeze him to prevent the cut back or to take on a trap. HHS' got up field way too far and allowed easy cut backs. From the stands, I heard Coach Jones yelling about this multiple times. 2. DBs turning open to receivers incredibly slowly or in the wrong direction. I understand 27 is The team's best athlete and a senior leader, but he should not be pulled off the field and replaced (multiple times) by a sophomore because coaches are yelling at him for alignment and opening to wrong receivers. 3. Poor tackling. Too many arm tackles and people not bringing their feet to make a tackle. The only one on the field that stuck someone was 54 and 10; one of which should never have to make as many tackles as he did as a safety. Those are three obvious things I picked up from being in the stands and re watching the game on TV when it was on replay. The good thing? They're all correctable. However, for someone who claims to bleed blue and wants to see the team be successful, you seem to be solely putting the blame on the offense for this loss. Could they have played better on O? Yes! But football is a team game 100% and all of your posts have basically said "the defensive side of the ball did nothing wrong, it was the offense". No clue who you are, but my guess is little Johnny plays D... Time to stop taking things so personal and take the blinders off.