Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 56 Grant County 22

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for the birds. Now focus on staying healthy and beating Boone Co. Getting ready for the playoffs.

 

So I think its looking like Highlands Cov Cath round two is a for sure. Would be winner hosts Pulaski Co. for the semis. big game.

Nice win for the birds. Now focus on staying healthy and beating Boone Co. Getting ready for the playoffs.

 

So I think its looking like Highlands Cov Cath round two is a for sure. Would be winner hosts Pulaski Co. for the semis. big game.

Wouldn't that be round 3?

Wouldn't that be round 3?

 

Yes, would be regional final. The winner then needs to pray for a german measles outbreak at Pulaski Co.

Shoutout to Larry Wilson, Jr. on his first varsity touchdown. Ben Branch and Jack Schultz on their first varsity PAT's

Wouldn't that be round 3?

 

I meant round two between Birds and Colonels... yeah, it would round 3 of playoffs.. sorry, that was confusing.

Nice effort by HHS on senior night.

 

Bradley Greene took the opening kickoff back 90 yards for the Birds first score.

 

Nice runs and short passes moved the Birds down the field on their next few possessions. Ill advised deep ball across the middle, thrown from the end zone, was picked off and set up Grant's score in the first half. Running clock midway through the second quarter. Congrats to Ryan Conley on a beautiful over the outside shoulder 30 yd. TD catch late in the first half.

 

Jared Dougherty added to his school record PAT total by going 5 for 5. He has a chance to make it into the state all-time top five over the next few weeks.

Though I realize that the biggest part of the recent success of the Birds is the "schedule relief" the last three weeks, I have seen some subtle changes that are leading to better results.

 

A couple of defensive positions have been changed, a couple of personnel changes, and less rotation defensively. Offensively, Mitchell Cain finally appears healthy and was the Birds got the ball in his hands a few times. Hergott being efficient within the passing game. Shorter, higher percentage passes. Confidence building.

WhoozYoDaddy

Registered User

 

Join Date

Oct 06

Posts

834

 

This week is when the Birds begin to march this season back to where they want it to be. They have had a chance to heal up and work on a game plan for the rest of the season, so no less than a 21 point win for HHS in this one. Next week they grind out a W against the Blue Colonels and they pound BC and Grant after that. Then they storm into the playoffs with huge confidence and momentum.

 

This is from the Highlands, Dixie prediction thread from a few weeks back. Looks like I nailed it!!!

A little side note I saw last night... With JD chasing KY points record the Birds gave a couple young ones a shot to kick PATs ... Cool to see JD (I'm sure their mentor) be one of the first to give congrats to the kids. Love that!

WhoozYoDaddy

Registered User

 

Join Date

Oct 06

Posts

834

 

This week is when the Birds begin to march this season back to where they want it to be. They have had a chance to heal up and work on a game plan for the rest of the season, so no less than a 21 point win for HHS in this one. Next week they grind out a W against the Blue Colonels and they pound BC and Grant after that. Then they storm into the playoffs with huge confidence and momentum.

 

This is from the Highlands, Dixie prediction thread from a few weeks back. Looks like I nailed it!!!

 

Really? I think everyone nailed it and I believe I actually said after this run of playing bad teams that HHS fans would be so overconfident after this week that they would be talking about another title run.

I think I nailed it even more so.

^^^Could you post quote those talking about a title run please.

Give it a couple days.

^^^Could you post quote those talking about a title run please.

True. I jumped the gun. It will come.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.