Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 56 Grant County 22

Featured Replies

True. I jumped the gun. It will come.

 

Define title run. Win 3 playoff games? 4?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not crazy to think Highlands can get to the 4th game (Pulaski most likely) the game would be at Highlands. I guess there is no way lowly highlands could ever beat the mighty Pulaski. but that is the semis.... I call that a run at the title. Is it stupid if I say they can do it and they do?

Define title run. Win 3 playoff games? 4?

 

If getting to the state semifinals qualifies as a title run, I think HHS has a definite chance of doing that. They would have to win 3 home games against teams from a district that is supposed to be rather weak...or maybe beat CCH in round 3, which is very doable...not a given but very doable.

I think every HHS fan expects a rematch with CCH and based on the first game I expect that's as far as we're looking ahead at this point. This was a good game for the boys and hopefully they continue to improve each week.

So if Ryle and Cooper don't make it to the semis... these teams will not have made title runs right?

So if Ryle and Cooper don't make it to the semis... these teams will not have made title runs right?

Would not make a deep title run IMO.

 

Everyone in the playoffs is essentially "making a title run"

I think my definition is making it to the final 4...JMO

I think my definition is making it to the final 4...JMO

Mine too.

yeah... if youre in the semis that's a title run. I concur. and I think highlands can get to that point. cov cath is the real hobgoblin in the way. 6A title run is good deal harder. especially coming out of NKY.

I would be shocked if we don't get a NKY 6A team in the final four.

Shoutout to Larry Wilson, Jr. on his first varsity touchdown. Ben Branch and Jack Schultz on their first varsity PAT's

 

Sorry I have to change this up a little. It was Joe Steiden that hit the second to last PAT last night and how could I forget the first Varsity touchdown for the Homecoming King, Ryan Conley.

I think every HHS fan expects a rematch with CCH and based on the first game I expect that's as far as we're looking ahead at this point. This was a good game for the boys and hopefully they continue to improve each week.

 

I would say that no one is looking past the game this coming Friday with Boone County, the next team on the schedule. The run through the playoffs will start the following week and from then on it is one week at a time.

I would say that no one is looking past the game this coming Friday with Boone County, the next team on the schedule. The run through the playoffs will start the following week and from then on it is one week at a time.

 

Yeah for sure as a player/coach you have to look at it that way.

But we don't.

I would say that no one is looking past the game this coming Friday with Boone County, the next team on the schedule. The run through the playoffs will start the following week and from then on it is one week at a time.

 

I would say most fans are. This game doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Get a win, get out of it with no injuries, and finish working on the little things getting ready for the playoffs.

I would say most fans are. This game doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Get a win, get out of it with no injuries, and finish working on the little things getting ready for the playoffs.

 

Agreed. If the current staff is still handling things like Coach Mueller did when I played, they're 100% preparing for the playoffs at this point. Including running schemes that we would use against anticipated opponents. I understand both sides of the argument, but prepping for the playoffs is obviously more important.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.