Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggclfan

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggclfan

  1. I get what you are saying Deuce. HHS fans have been spoiled by Dale and all of his great teams. However, I think a lot of the HHS fans on here are frustrated because the current staff does not try some obvious things that may help. I am not saying that HHS would win a state title with the changes but it would probably make the team better...and if didn't, the offense CANNOT be worse than it has been the last two weeks. There just does not seem to be any creativity at all on the offensive side of the ball IMO.
  2. I don't know if it accomplished anything and I am not saying a HS player yelling a bunch of "f" bombs should be acceptable. I just said I heard it happened. Personally, if I was the coach, I would be happy that a senior leader was trying to spark the team but would not condone the language.
  3. I have not seen any other QB's in NKY this year so I won't disagree with you. I will say that if he is the best QB in NKY, it is a very down year for QB's this year. He is a decent QB but nothing special IMO.
  4. That may be the biggest understatement of the year Deuce:).
  5. Last night was the first HHS game I have seen this year and I have to say that was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen. The first half was just bad football by both teams. I am pretty sure there were seven fumbles recovered by the opposing team (4 by HHS and 3 by Conner) IN THE FIRST HALF. Conner threw a pick so I believe each team had 4 turnovers in the first half...of course on the Conner pick, the HHS DB fumbled the ball right back to Conner after a nice return. I agree with others about Huddy playing on offense. I am not saying he should play every play on offense but he (and probably others) should have some packages designed for him on offense. He is clearly the best athlete on the team and has a HUGE motor so let him help you some on offense. I just seems like a no-brainer to me. You literally cannot do worse than what I saw last night and from what I have heard, last week was even worse. What do you have to lose by trying something different? I also heard from someone in the locker room after the game that Huddy absolutely went off on the team. It was loud and many of the words said contained four letters.
  6. I saw a good one tonight at the Pit (Elder). The game was delayed almost an hour due to Cathedral being in a traffic jam because of a wreck on I-74. It was worth the wait. Elder kicked a FG with less than a minute left in regulation to tie the game at 31 and then won 38-31 as it scored first in OT and then forced a fumble on 3rd down when Cathedral had the ball and recovered it for the win. Neither team led by more than 7 the entire game. Just a very good football game played by two very good teams. Both teams have very big offensive lines (I know Elder has two O-lineman going to D-I schools). Both teams are fun to watch with QB's who can both run and throw.
  7. What a brutal early season schedule for the Camels. Playing HHS and CCH back to back is brutal.
  8. Is that McPapa in the stands in the first picture?
  9. 70-28 and then 60-30...combined 130-58... Has any team ever won back to back games at the Sweet 16 by a combined 72 points? These scores are insane for a state tournament...
  10. The problem with a rule like this is that if a ref gives a player a ridiculous and undeserved "T", the rule punishes your own team because the ref did something wrong. I have never heard any other team doing this... not saying no other teams have...I just have never heard of it before.
  11. So what is your point? Did Cooper commit 12 vs 4 for BW? Someone else is saying your figures are wrong but assuming Cooper was called for more fouls, are you saying that Cooper did not foul more? I never understand the logic that fouls should be close to even after the game. What if one team fouls a lot more? I was not at the game and have no dog in the fight so I have no idea...curious as to others opinions regarding the refs tonight.
  12. Can someone provide the stats or let us know scoring totals for some of the main players for both teams??
  13. Wow. I wanted BW to win but fully expected Cooper to after watching both teams play the other night. I hope BW wins the region now. Bring it home!
  14. We were wondering why the Jags were wearing blue tonight...now that I know, as an HHS grad and fan, I am very impressed.
  15. I was at the game and it was the first time I had seen either team. Spencer scored 1 point but was still the MVP for Cooper IMO. He did a great job battling Sisson inside. Sisson is just a horse inside and Spencer made him work for everything without fouling. I was very impressed with Cooper's defense overall. They made HHS work for EVERY shot. I would guess Spencer will guard Draud in the semis...if so, it will be tough for Draud. I saw him tonight too and was very impressed...but my guess is that Spencer will make things much tougher for him than Dixie did tonight.
  16. To be clear, I am not saying he is leaving the school or the HHS football program entirely. What I heard from someone I trust is that he will no longer be the offensive coordinator.
  17. I heard from a very good source that HHS will not retain Zach Deaton as offensive coordinator next year. Evidently, HHS has a guy on the staff that came from Valdosta, Georgia who will take over as the new coordinator. I don't know his name. Perhaps someone on BGP knows??
  18. Totally agree and that is why I think there is a real chance it happens. It would be such a "Bengal" move...
  19. I don't know much about Allen...is he a big time DI recruit? If so, who is he looking at? UK?? How big is he and what position does he play?? 3 or 4 or 5?
  20. Interesting to see Tim Couch on that list. I did not know he was that good of a BB player.
  21. I think players sitting out bowl games was going to happen no matter what...just a sign of the times. Once one player did it, the flood games opened. I cannot blame the kids for doing it either.
  22. How does HHS throw 3 passes in one half. I blame Weinrich for hiring an offensive coordinator that does not give the team a chance to win...it is pathetic that he allows this to happen week after week.
  23. So does anyone know how many yards in penalties HHS had? How many turnovers?? 4 or 5, right?
  24. I'm pretty sure a lot of schools do not keep tackle stats. I know the HHS stats guy very well and I know HHS does not.
  25. As a HHS grad and fan, I guess it is a good thing that HHS beat an undefeated team 38-9 and I came away disappointed. The defense played very well but the offense was frankly terrible. A special teams score, a defensive score, an offensive score when a bad snap on a punt gave HHS a very short field accounted for most of HHS' scoring. I left with 4 min to go and it was 31-7 so I don't know how the last scores were made but it was garbage time anyway. Simon Kenton did a lot of good things on D - really stuffed the HHS running game and sacked Cramer many times. I was shocked at how bad a passer the SK QB was. He is a good runner and plays hard and I hope he is OK as he was knocked out of the game in the second half. Also, the SK special teams unit had a brutal night. The Ohio University band was AWESOME. Very fun to watch!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.