gold sunrise

Highlands 2015/2016

Basketball season for 2015/2016 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Highlands. Remember, please be constructive.

Don't know much about this group, am interested in learning what they have coming back.

First challenge is finding a place to practice and maybe having to reschedule December home games.

Probably affects the girls more than the boys to be honest. Boys not scheduled to begin until mid-December. Floor is not even 3 years old. Curious to know who is paying for it.

Probably affects the girls more than the boys to be honest. Boys not scheduled to begin until mid-December. Floor is not even 3 years old. Curious to know who is paying for it.

Its my understanding the contractor's insurance company.

First challenge is finding a place to practice and maybe having to reschedule December home games.

I'd imagine that there will be one less court at the Armory available for pickup games after school for awhile.

I'd imagine that there will be one less court at the Armory available for pickup games after school for awhile.

My guess is the Middle School kids will get the armory and the Varsity will get the Middle School gym.

My guess is the Middle School kids will get the armory and the Varsity will get the Middle School gym.

My bet is that someone will be going to Woodfill and possibly some pratices at Moyer and/or Johnson. Not sure how many JV/Varsity guys they will have when practice can officially start on October 15. Coach has been having them get together on Sunday's right now, but not exactly sure what those sessions truly consist of.

Its my understanding the contractor's insurance company.

The Insurance Co only wants to pay for what is Damaged and it is my understanding the School system wants it fixed Correctly. Meaning maybe a replacement floor. Should be interesting. I'm hearing the Varsity boys are possibly going to Thomas More in the meantime when the Practice season starts.

The Insurance Co only wants to pay for what is Damaged and it is my understanding the School system wants it fixed Correctly. Meaning maybe a replacement floor. Should be interesting. I'm hearing the Varsity boys are possibly going to Thomas More in the meantime when the Practice season starts.

'

Practice and games also at Thomas More from what Im hearing.

TMC is what I am hearing as well. I would be looking at contract. Risk management 101. Football guys make Sunday's and a few have hit a shoot around or two. 4 or 5 basketball or non-football athletes going hard 5 days a week.

The gym renovation will include a complete new floor. Insurance Co. brought in their expert from out of town who recommended that the entire floor be replaced.

Entire project, including the new floor, will be complete by Christmas. New scoreboards, lighting, HVAC (this is huge), and safe/accessible seating are the upgrades. No longer will you have players running into the wall under the basket, as the balcony has been removed.