Does Lebron James have to......

Lebron James is the best ATHLETE to ever play the game of basketball...

His size and athleticism is unmatched in the game, that alone makes him damn near impossible to guard.

That still doesn't make him the best basketball player ever. JMO.

He doesn't have to win seven, but two sure ain't making me change my mind.

How many will he have to win for you to change your mind?

He's definitely the best athlete to ever play basketball and that weighs into my thought process. Before Lebron, MJ was probably the best athlete to ever play. For every reason that everyone always said MJ was the GOAT I think that same logic applies to the argument in Lebron's favor now. The only thing MJ did better than Lebron was score the ball. Other than that Lebron is better than MJ in every single category. Including defense.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely the best athlete to ever play basketball and that weighs into my thought process. Before Lebron, MJ was probably the best athlete to ever play. For every reason that everyone always said MJ was the GOAT I think that same logic applies to the argument in Lebron's favor now. The only thing MJ did better than Lebron was score the ball. Other than Lebron is better than MJ in every single category. Including defense.

How about LeBron just has a winning record in NBA finals? That can't be too much to ask for, can it?

Lebron James won titles with Erik Spoelstra as the head coach and is taking a rookie NBA head coach from the Euro League to the Finals. MJ needed Phil Jackson to get to the Finals.

This sounds too much like Stephen A. Smith, so I dislike it.

And two words that put this piece of the discussion to bed in my opinion...Pat Reilly.

Jordan had to compete with the likes of Ewing, Barkley, Olajuwon, Malone, Stockton all at the peaks of their careers. I believe the level of competition in Jordan's era was a lot higher than of Lebron's era. I look at todays NBA and other than Lebron and Curry, I don't see Top 50 talent in this era. (Excluding Kobe whose era has passed).

The argument that most benefits LeBron is look at what Cleveland did when he left & now look at what Miami has done now that he's left.

Conversely, what did Chicago do when Jordan played baseball for two years?

Miami would have made the playoffs if Bosh didn't nearly die.

Chicago won 50 something games without Jordan the one year.

Miami would have made the playoffs if Bosh didn't nearly die.

Chicago won 50 something games without Jordan the one year.

Agree on Miami making the playoffs.

The Bulls won 55 games, which was good enough for the 3-seed in the playoffs the first year Jordan retired. They won 47 games the next year & got the 5-seed. Of course, Jordan played the latter part of that season.

I think a case can be made for LeBron if he wins one more title. If he wins two, I think it's hard to put MJ above him.

He's definitely the best athlete to ever play basketball and that weighs into my thought process. Before Lebron, MJ was probably the best athlete to ever play. For every reason that everyone always said MJ was the GOAT I think that same logic applies to the argument in Lebron's favor now. The only thing MJ did better than Lebron was score the ball. Other than that Lebron is better than MJ in every single category. Including defense.

Jordan also wins in intangibles. Some may discount that, but that weighs heavily in my mind. Dude absolutely buckled under the pressure in 2011 against the Mavs and went in to a shell. I can't ignore that. The greatest of all time does not do that. That is as huge of a demerit as any great has ever accrued on a resume. Even if the Spurs were better last season, they were not better to the point they should have won by a record margin. The greatest of all time does not allow that to happen.