What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Thanksgiving leftovers. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes make a pretty daggone good sandwich.

Every been to Capriotti's? They're famous for a similar sandwich: turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Though, my favorite from there is pulled turkey, coleslaw, and Russian dressing.

I think some food rates well because of the associated memories. Bologna sandwiches were made for stripping rooms. (for some of you, that's a tobacco thing). Pimento cheese sandwiches made by mom just seem to make the world right, and my wife has now gotten the touch as well. Always puts a smile on my face when Im looking for a late night snack.

I guess I am a product of my environment, but I have no idea what a Cuban sandwich is. Explain, please.

Hard to beat a good roast beef sandwich, made with leftover pot roast, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on some kind of toast or hoagie.

My everyday sandwich is baloney, fried or not, with or without cheese with any/all of the above plus onion. Or just baloney, mustard and ketchup.

Or baloney cheese and mustard. Baloney is pretty versatile, lol.

I love rueben sandwiches, but there is nowhere near me to get a good one.

Last night I ate a great tomato sandwich. Fresh tomatos out of the garden, mayo and bread. Good stuff.

When I was a kid, I'd run to my grandmothers house after school. She made biscuits every day and there'd always be

a few left from breakfast along with some bacon or sausage. She kept it all on a plate on the table with a dish towel

thrown over it. That was my afternoon snack and I looked forward to it every day. I can't imagine how good it would

have been if she had owned a microwave at the time. :D I really miss her.

I think some food rates well because of the associated memories. Bologna sandwiches were made for stripping rooms. (for some of you, that's a tobacco thing). Pimento cheese sandwiches made by mom just seem to make the world right, and my wife has now gotten the touch as well. Always puts a smile on my face when Im looking for a late night snack.

I've noticed in traveling through the south that pimento cheese sandwiches are still a big deal.

I guess I am a product of my environment, but I have no idea what a Cuban sandwich is. Explain, please.

Hard to beat a good roast beef sandwich, made with leftover pot roast, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on some kind of toast or hoagie.

My everyday sandwich is baloney, fried or not, with or without cheese with any/all of the above plus onion. Or just baloney, mustard and ketchup.

Or baloney cheese and mustard. Baloney is pretty versatile, lol.

I love rueben sandwiches, but there is nowhere near me to get a good one.

Last night I ate a great tomato sandwich. Fresh tomatos out of the garden, mayo and bread. Good stuff.

When I was a kid, I'd run to my grandmothers house after school. She made biscuits every day and there'd always be

a few left from breakfast along with some bacon or sausage. She kept it all on a plate on the table with a dish towel

thrown over it. That was my afternoon snack and I looked forward to it every day. I can't imagine how good it would

have been if she had owned a microwave at the time. :D I really miss her.

Pick a game to come see in NKY and I'll buy you a reuben at Izzy's. Bring your loquacious son as well.