What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuban is #1 for me. I worked in a Cuban deli during college and fell in love with them. It's been my favorite ever since.

A close 2nd is the Gyro (only at an authentic Greek restaurant).

We'd get along great. My two fav's. I'm also partial to a bacon, tomato, and avocado sandwich but only with homegrown maters.

I guess I am a product of my environment, but I have no idea what a Cuban sandwich is. Explain, please.

Hard to beat a good roast beef sandwich, made with leftover pot roast, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on some kind of toast or hoagie.

My everyday sandwich is baloney, fried or not, with or without cheese with any/all of the above plus onion. Or just baloney, mustard and ketchup.

Or baloney cheese and mustard. Baloney is pretty versatile, lol.

I love rueben sandwiches, but there is nowhere near me to get a good one.

Last night I ate a great tomato sandwich. Fresh tomatos out of the garden, mayo and bread. Good stuff.

When I was a kid, I'd run to my grandmothers house after school. She made biscuits every day and there'd always be

a few left from breakfast along with some bacon or sausage. She kept it all on a plate on the table with a dish towel

thrown over it. That was my afternoon snack and I looked forward to it every day. I can't imagine how good it would

have been if she had owned a microwave at the time. :D I really miss her.

Roasted pork, ham, swiss, pickles, and mustard. On Cuban bread and pressed. Havana Rumba in Louisville serves the best one I've gotten not in Florida. As swamprat said the key is how the pork is prepared.

Roasted pork, ham, swiss, pickles, and mustard. On Cuban bread and pressed. Havana Rumba in Louisville serves the best one I've gotten not in Florida. As swamprat said the key is how the pork is prepared.
Sounds good, as long as its not dill pickles.

First one I ever had was years ago in a little hole-in-the-wall cafe in Micanopy, Florida. Fell in love with them. As someone already said, if the pork is right, they're hard to beat.

I love rueben sandwiches, but there is nowhere near me to get a good one.

When I lived in Pikeville, I was very impressed with the reubens at The Station downtown. One of the better reubens I've had outside of Izzy's. If the same folks still run it, I would guess they still do a pretty good one.

When I lived in Pikeville, I was very impressed with the reubens at The Station downtown. One of the better reubens I've had outside of Izzy's. If the same folks still run it, I would guess they still do a pretty good one.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. :thumb:

It's not necessarily the best sandwich that I know of, but surprisingly very good sandwich is the Italian Combo from Snappy Tomato Pizza. It's pepperoni, ham, and provolone, grilled an Italian bun with garlic butter and oregano on it, and topped with Ken's Steakhouse Italian dressing. I get it with lettuce, tomato, onions, DILL pickels and banana peppers, and it's pretty unbeatable for six bucks. ...and I can get it delivered to my front door if I'm in a really lazy mood.

How's that for talking up one of the sponsers? :D

Dill pickles are the only kind of pickle as far as I'm concerned.

Bread & Butter and Sweet Pickels both =:puke:

I'm the same way — I can't stand either of those kind. My mom used to make them and try to get me to eat them, but I wouldn't touch 'em. Dills, on the other hand, I love. I've been known to even slug down a few sips of the juice after the pickles are gone.